I wasted my early teens

vex

vex

Entropy
I was homeschooled from about 11-16, ill be entering sixth form this year when i turn 17. I have had no friends/connections outside of nerdy online friend groups for literally all of those years. I'm okay looking when i take care of myself, but im like 5'8 lolol. I'm going to try my hardest to take advantage of what teen years I have left, any tips for sixth form?

• +1
Reactions: maxxmclooks
I'm not gonna fraud height, they have a pool and shit thats free to use after schools over

I'm not gonna fraud height, they have a pool and shit thats free to use after schools over

• JFL
Reactions: EvCu65 and maxxmclooks
good luck boyo, fix ur posture, try to act NT and look confident

• +1
Reactions: nathan and maxxmclooks
yes, although im not ethnically british, 75% german and 25% black
if u fail in life, remember its totally ok to blame that 25% of black you have:feelsokman: (not sarcastic, i mean this)

• JFL
Reactions: EvCu65
if u fail in life, remember its totally ok to blame that 25% of black you have:feelsokman: (not sarcastic, i mean this)
duly noted this is the advice i .org for

• +1
Reactions: maxxmclooks
show your face pleaseeeee

Is your sixth form a part of a school or independent? If it's part of a school then it's most likely people who have already been at the school will stay for sixth form, so they'll already have friends and a group.

This means it could be harder to make new friends as no one will be looking for new friends, unlike if no one knew each other then they'd be looking for friends.

But it doesn't mean it's over, what you must do is make friends within the first two weeks otherwise it's completely over. You cannot go in there and expect people to just walk up to you and say "wanna be friends or whatever", try and be the most social person.

It's very easy to make friends with the people you sit next to in class and then you can progress into their friend group, that's how I did it. Be sociable with the people in your class as you'll be seeing them everyday pretty much

Is your sixth form a part of a school or independent? If it's part of a school then it's most likely people who have already been at the school will stay for sixth form, so they'll already have friends and a group.

This means it could be harder to make new friends as no one will be looking for new friends, unlike if no one knew each other then they'd be looking for friends.

But it doesn't mean it's over, what you must do is make friends within the first two weeks otherwise it's completely over. You cannot go in there and expect people to just walk up to you and say "wanna be friends or whatever", try and be the most social person.

It's very easy to make friends with the people you sit next to in class and then you can progress into their friend group, that's how I did it. Be sociable with the people in your class as you'll be seeing them everyday pretty much
part of a school and yeah i expected this, i have absolutely no idea how to make friends at all so i may be fucked

• +1
Reactions: N1666
part of a school and yeah i expected this, i have absolutely no idea how to make friends at all so i may be fucked
It's going to be impossible for you to not be able to speak to people in your class, whether that's working with them or being on their table etc. Its going to come natural that people will speak to you and you'll eventually find your people

The good thing with sixth forms that are part of a school is that it's so small that no one gives a shit whether you are aspie or not, they'll talk to you regardless. You've got another 4 months anyway to try and fix your social skills and make sure you don't look off putting or autistic.

It's going to be impossible for you to not be able to speak to people in your class, whether that's working with them or being on their table etc. Its going to come natural that people will speak to you and you'll eventually find your people

The good thing with sixth forms that are part of a school is that it's so small that no one gives a shit whether you are aspie or not, they'll talk to you regardless. You've got another 4 months anyway to try and fix your social skills and make sure you don't look off putting or autistic.
I'd send my face here but theres no delete button lol. Feel free to pm me if you wanna rate/give tips

• +1
Reactions: N1666