1000 Saudis, 1 Pakistani Pashtun on pilgrimage. Who mogs?

Who mogs?

• Total voters
I went in the masjid and was constantly asked if I'm Pashtun JFL. I'd definitely blend in as local in Afghanistan MUCH MORE than my father's country of origin, where most people are quite dark and bearded.
Due to your diverse heritage, you can easily blend in almost anywhere, except in countries where the population has distinctive characteristics.
Also speaking of the word "dark" it kinda annoys me when people say "dark" they mean a pasty Italian JFL. "Dark" means as dark as a south Asian or a sub-saharan African.
Whites perceive any skin tone darker than type 2 on the Fitzpatrick scale as dark. They don't differentiate between Mediterranean or sub-Saharan colors, as anything darker than typical Caucasian skin is considered dark from their perspective.

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane
Due to your diverse heritage, you can easily blend in almost anywhere, except in countries where the population has distinctive characteristics.
I see, so that's pretty much East Asia, Northern Europe, the Arctic and Sub Saharan Africa?
Whites perceive any skin tone darker than type 2 on the Fitzpatrick scale as dark. They don't differentiate between Mediterranean or sub-Saharan colors, as anything darker than typical Caucasian skin is considered dark from their perspective.
JFL. It's funny when my dad says dark, he means black people or dark skinned Indians. And when my mum says dark, she means Mediterraneans and Lebanese people. She describes my dad as "very dark" but he considers himself medium brown. I consider him medium brown, and myself light skinned. However, white people consider me dark skinned JFL.

What's my fitzpatrick?

• +1
Reactions: emeraldglass
I see, so that's pretty much East Asia, Northern Europe, the Arctic and Sub Saharan Africa?
Yes
JFL. It's funny when my dad says dark, he means black people or dark skinned Indians. And when my mum says dark, she means Mediterraneans and Lebanese people. She describes my dad as "very dark" but he considers himself medium brown. I consider him medium brown, and myself light skinned. However, white people consider me dark skinned JFL.
Indeed, they will perceive anything deviating from the norm in their countries in skin tone as dark because it is darker than their own. For them, anything darker than their own skin is considered dark. However, due to ethnicities having a baseline of darker skin, what they perceive as dark might be an extreme shade, like sub-Saharan African skin.
What's my fitzpatrick?
Type 4

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane
Yes

Indeed, they will perceive anything deviating from the norm in their countries in skin tone as dark because it is darker than their own. For them, anything darker than their own skin is considered dark. However, due to ethnicities having a baseline of darker skin, what they perceive as dark might be an extreme shade, like sub-Saharan African skin.
Do you think I'm more win line with ethnic terminology for dark or white terminology for dark? I consider myself light skinned, my sister pale, my mother pale, my father medium brown. I consider someone like Serena Williams dark.
Is this based on colour or tanning behaviour? I hardly peel or burn, but I do get a little sting in the hot sun if I go without protection. I tan profusely, but I try to avoid it since I don't want skin cancer.