2021 review. What did you try, what worked, what did not work?

Cristiano88

Cristiano88

Bronze
I'll go first.

In no particular order:
-melanotan for tanning(it looks good but i read studies in which it says it can give you cancer and also it creates new moles which is in itself a bothersome shit to handle cause you need to check them periodically and also they don't look good if they are on the face, since i already have a ton of them)
-hairmax(i have thin hair and it looks shit whatever i try to do to it in terms of gel, clay, wax.
The only "success" is that i dyed it just 1 step darker. People notice but they can't put their finger on it. Brunette hair is ideal, dark brown a close second. I am light brown trying to get to dark brown since my facial hair is a lot darker anyway and would be a good fit)
-beardmax minoxidil(i finished my 2 year journey. It was shit. Zero progress. Just vellus which never materialized to regular hair follicles. I read the theories about it, i understand it does not work for anyone. It also gave me side effects of which the most bothersome were facial swelling and low heartbeat)

-leanmaxxing/gymmaxxing

-leanmaxxing/debloating face(it's not just fat i have to worry when it comes to my face. I am a boneless, recessed maxilla, low set zygos, short-ass ramus motherfucker). Left = 82kg. Right is 74kg.

Pictures are not perfectly similar, they never are. The lighting is, tho. Same place, same mirror, same lighting source, nothing changed. In the after picture, with my face, i think i already started dying my hair. Also i have my chin held higher in the 2nd picture(which helps my angularity). And of course the beard is not the same. The body and face pictures are taken at different points throughout the year. Gym maxxing and facial debloat maxxing were 2 separate journeys with only a small overlap.

-chewmaxxing. I used chisell. It's not great, not terrible. I use a mouthpiece to try to reduces the damage. The shit works but it would have worked a whole lot better if i had a decent ramus, which i don't.

That's about it. I also started
testosterone-to be continued
skinmaxxing-with tretinoin, so far, just irritation and dryness.
neckmaxxing-i do just curls cause i just want thickness when seen from the front. I have a harness but not using it atm. Baby steps. It's a small upgrade in looksmax this one but an injury could be game over.

Looking forward to hearing your progress. I need some motivation ahead of the new year.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9641, Tonymontana, Xangsane and 9 others
It's a shame that some things did not work for you, but that gymmaxing transformations looks insane, mirin hard. What bf were you in that pic?

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane, Alexanderr, Deleted member 14978 and 1 other person
It's a shame that some things did not work for you, but that gymmaxing transformations looks insane, mirin hard. What bf were you in that pic?
In the before-i don't know. In the after i think around 15%. Both pictures were taken after "a pump" but i don't remember what groups i did that day.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16090
you did more in a year than what the average user here would do since this site launched

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ArdaxHG, Lux, never_lucky and 5 others
That change in frame :whatfeels:, jeez, good work OP.

• +1
Reactions: Cristiano88 and Deleted member 2729
holy shit your after coloring is what i aim, what did you exactly do for that?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
Wanna know too.

OP are you balding btw?

I think i was taking melanotan back then but the effect was from the light. I remember i specifically went in the afternoon to the gym that day so i can catch the afternoon light.
Melanotan 2 makes you look good, tan wise. But can give you cancer so do what you want with your life :)

No, i am not balding. My hairline was always the same. There are people with high hairlines, big foreheads, despite what people in this forum tend to think.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
Good thread

Worked:

Chewing

Mewing (hyoid improved probably from better posture at rest and muscle tone improvement)

Leanmaxing

Tretinoin

Dyeing eyebrows dark

Oral Castor oil

Did not work:

Nothing, everything worked

• +1
Reactions: Cristiano88
Good thread

Worked:

Chewing

Mewing (hyoid improved probably from better posture at rest and muscle tone improvement)

Leanmaxing

Tretinoin

Dyeing eyebrows dark

Oral Castor oil

Did not work:

Nothing, everything worked
For what did you take oral castor oil? I am not familiar with it's benefits.
What is the general rule in dyeing eyebrows? Is it ok to have them 2-3 shades darker than the hair(in your head obviously)?

For what did you take oral castor oil? I am not familiar with it's benefits.
What is the general rule in dyeing eyebrows? Is it ok to have them 2-3 shades darker than the hair(in your head obviously)?
Castor Oil promotes hair growth, everywhere. My main benefit was that my eyelashes went from nonexistent, to thick long and dark, which massively haloed my blue eyes

It also helps with hairline for recessioncels, it it helps eyebrows, stubble density.

Idk the general eyebrow rule. I am white and I just dyed them a very dark brown, it looks good

• +1
Reactions: Cristiano88
Castor Oil promotes hair growth, everywhere. My main benefit was that my eyelashes went from nonexistent, to thick long and dark, which massively haloed my blue eyes

It also helps with hairline for recessioncels, it it helps eyebrows, stubble density.

Idk the general eyebrow rule. I am white and I just dyed them a very dark brown, it looks good
sorry to ask but how many ml of castor oil were you drinking? thanks

• +1
Reactions: PYT