21 years of bone resorption from silicone chin implant

longjohnmong

longjohnmong

Kraken
Thought maybe some people would be interested in seeing this. I had silicone chin implant placed ~21 years ago (Terino Square Size Large):

Had a CBCT scan today. Pretty sure it was the wrong scan now, fml. But you can see my chin implant and how much it has eroded the bone, and it looks like almost nothing to me, not enough for me to care about.

Also, lol at the placement shortening my face. That's why genio is king. I knew that within years of getting the implant, even consulted with a surgeon about getting it replaced with genio like 15 years ago.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: 5.5psl, RAITEIII, Wallenberg and 11 others
what do you have to do now? is this guaranteed to happen to everyone who gets implants?

what does this mean? can you recover?

Do you really care about how you look like in 21 years?

• +1
Reactions: 9898nuggets, Deprived and Deleted member 15854
Do you really care about how you look like in 21 years?
This is after 21 years. But, speaking as someone 21 years older than 18, yes, I still care about how I look. It will be relevant until the day you die.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: klamus, 5.5psl, Schönling and 5 others
what do you have to do now? is this guaranteed to happen to everyone who gets implants?

what does this mean? can you recover?
Almost nothing happened. That was my point. There are people who are concerned about bone erosion with implants, but it looks to me like 1-2mm, if that, which over 21 years is like nothing.

But, I'm getting it removed and getting jaw surgery anyway.

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl, looksseg and CuriousGuy
why are you getting jaw surgery?

also do you regret the implants?

-

also thanks for answering, man. I am nervous about implants but I really need them. I need all kinds of implants. Midface, zygos, cheek, jaw.

here is me:
Screen Shot 2022 11 22 at 104531 PM
Screen Shot 2022 11 22 at 104832 PM

fucking abomination

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: MadTwatter, Deprived, Deleted member 8771 and 1 other person
I will never get fillers or implants

• +1
Reactions: rand anon
This is after 21 years. But, speaking as someone 21 years older than 18, yes, I still care about how I l

-

also thanks for answering, man. I am nervous about implants but I really need them. I need all kinds of implants. Midface, zygos, cheek, jaw.

here is me:

I'm getting jaw surgery because my jaws are recessed. My chin is still recessed even with the implant. No, I don't regret it. I would much rather have gotten jaw surgery at the time, but that wasn't really a possibility. Genioplasty is preferable, but I don't think it would have made that big of a difference. Now is pretty much the first opportunity I have had to get jaw surgery, so, yeah, getting the implant was probably the best thing to do at the time. It was definitely better than no surgery at all. I do regret the rhinoplasty I got at the time though because it's awful, and getting fixed is harder and more expensive than if I just had my original nose to fix.

You should just work on your lower third. It will change how your midface is perceived. You might not actually need any midface work. Not an expert, but I think you have a good base for wrap around jaw or genio + jaw implants. Also, work your neck/traps out and change your hair. You have good upper third. My upper third is dogshit.

Also, I do believe in the blackpill for the most part, but it's not as absolute as people make it out to be. I had a cute girlfriend for 10 years, like a 6/10 without makeup, which she never wore, and have hooked up with other cute girls, and I'm ultra recessed birdcel with no bone mass at all anywhere on my face, 5'8, and autitistic and social anxiety verging on avoidant personality disorder. I think your situation isn't as dire as you believe.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22627 and looksseg
Thought maybe some people would be interested in seeing this. I had silicone chin implant placed ~21 years ago (Terino Square Size Large):

Had a CBCT scan today. Pretty sure it was the wrong scan now, fml. But you can see my chin implant and how much it has eroded the bone, and it looks like almost nothing to me, not enough for me to care about.

Also, lol at the placement shortening my face. That's why genio is king. I knew that within years of getting the implant, even consulted with a surgeon about getting it replaced with genio like 15 years ago.

how does implant cause resorption? i never understood how or why

what are u guys even going on about? his point is there is essentially no bone erosion...

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, longjohnmong and Deleted member 15854
Friction against bone over a long period of time as far as I'm aware.
Basically you want as little rubbing from the silicone against the bone as possible. For example custom ones would fit like a glove against the bone in comparison to stock ones, hence custom ones would rub less and cause less erosion for example.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas and Deleted member 15854
so sliding genio is better and won't cause anything like this?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15854
what are u guys even going on about? his point is there is essentially no bone erosion...
isnt 1 or 2 mm big? difference between normie and chad?

• +1
Reactions: CuriousGuy

-

here is me:
View attachment 1965334View attachment 1965335

fucking abomination
idk bout this but looks like downward grown jaw, long midface, like textbook mouthbreather. agai i could be wrong idk, im not good at rating

-

here is me:
View attachment 1965334View attachment 1965335

fucking abomination
try emulate other long midface attractive ppl is my suggestion, like syrian psycho etc

Your harmony is quite good, that lower third fucks you over hard
he messaged me saying he needs another bimax, but i think it wouldn't benefit him cuz his mandible is too steep

• +1
Reactions: Deprived
isnt 1 or 2 mm big? difference between normie and chad?

1mm is definitely not big. And there very well may not be any erosion at all. If anything is erosion, it's this small indentation

which is like 1mm at most, probably only a fraction of a mm. Compare that to the projection from the implant, which I believe is 8mm. It makes no difference. My point is you don't see some big shelf or indentation from the implant. People act like it's just going to disintegrate your bone after a few years.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Chinlet Ascension, Deprived and 2 others
1mm is definitely not big. And there very well may not be any erosion at all. If anything is erosion, it's this small indentation

which is like 1mm at most, probably only a fraction of a mm. Compare that to the projection from the implant, which I believe is 8mm. It makes no difference. My point is you don't see some big shelf or indentation from the implant. People act like it's just going to disintegrate your bone after a few years.

So do you reccomend a chin implant for minor cases, like just a weak chin?

So do you reccomend a chin implant for minor cases, like just a weak chin?
I would do genio with a decent surgeon instead. But you can take this and apply it to cheek or jaw implants where there aren't any real alternatives, like there is for chin implant.

The term ‘bone erosion’ is misleading. I’m pretty sure that additional pressure or rubbing on the bone would cause it to thicken, not be resorbed. I think a likely theory is that the implant on the chin interferes with the muscles which attach to the chin, disrupting the usual mechanical stimuli from occurring.
2E96BEB4 E912 49DB 8768 62AE44505A48

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27772 and Deleted member 15854
Friction against bone over a long period of time as far as I'm aware.
Basically you want as little rubbing from the silicone against the bone as possible. For example custom ones would fit like a glove against the bone in comparison to stock ones, hence custom ones would rub less and cause less erosion for example.
Despite the term’bone erosion’, I don’t think erosion is the culprit. Bones aren’t unliving rocks and would thicken as a response to additional mechanical stress.

This information below supports the theory that the implant interfering with the muscles which attach to the chin as the cause of this phenomenon.
2497813F 30EC 43EA B048 DC3FED5DBF8F

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27772 and Realism
definitely jaw angle, Consider midface and cheekbones. Try MSE also for palate expansion. Definitely fix your retarded hair and start taking beta carotene.

if you cant do jaw angle implants yet, start tough chewing for now.
thanks so much dude, it means alot

1. so what do you mean by midface and cheekbones?

2. also what do you mean by MSE for palate expansion? is this surgical? like BIMAX?

thanks so much dude, it means alot

1. so what do you mean by midface and cheekbones?

2. also what do you mean by MSE for palate expansion? is this surgical? like BIMAX?
1. I said consider it, It is NOT neccesary for you to ascend to HTN+ But it would definitely give you a boost
2. No, its palatal expansion, its a device that is screwed into your mouth to widen it. your lips are narrow.

Supposedly custom facial implants cause the least erosion, and off-the-shelf implants are expected to cause much more. The fact that you had minimal erosion for decades with off-the-shelf implants is a very good indication for people interested in facial implants.

• +1
Reactions: Stevedore
1. I said consider it, It is NOT neccesary for you to ascend to HTN+ But it would definitely give you a boost
2. No, its palatal expansion, its a device that is screwed into your mouth to widen it. your lips are narrow.
thanks bro

what exactly do midface implants achieve?

appearance of more upswinged and forward grown face
that sounds exactly like what I need

thanks again for the help man, I appreciate it

would you know where I can get good midface implants?

that sounds exactly like what I need

thanks again for the help man, I appreciate it

would you know where I can get good midface implants?
No, but do ur research

Wow does infraorbital implants also cause bone resoprtion?