A BMI of 20.5 turns out to be the healthiest

High Cortisol Chad

High Cortisol Chad

Diamond
"Obesity paradox" does not exist, it is not healthy to be even slightly overweight as previously thought

He discovered that a full 20% of the sample characterized as “healthy” weight had been in the overweight or obese category in the decade prior. When set apart, this group had a substantially worse health profile than those in the category whose weight had been stable.

Masters pointed out that a lifetime carrying excess weight can lead to illnesses that, paradoxically, lead to rapid weight loss. If BMI data is captured during this time, it can skew study results.

“I would argue that we have been artificially inflating the mortality risk in the low-BMI category by including those who had been high BMI and had just lost weight recently,” he said.
When re-crunching the numbers without these biases, he found not a U-shape but a straight upward line, with those with low BMI (18.5–22.5) having the lowest mortality risk.

Contrary to previous research, the study found no significant mortality risk increases for the “underweight” category.
20.5 BMI is 138.5 lbs at 5'9 or 66.5 kg at 180 cm or 163.8 lbs at 6'3

Hunter-gatherers were right all along

africa-botswana-kalahari-desert-portrait-of-a-hunter-gatherer-of-the-!kung-people-of-the-san-tribe-2P47TNR.jpg

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: slayer69 and sub5inchcel
Water is wet.

The trick is to hit the gym so you can be low bf and have a decent size at the same time.

Ova, I have a bmi of 22.9 (I look really lean tho)

22ffmi 10-12% bf seems ideal

Idk man being 120 pounds seem kind of rough for me.

• Hmm...
Reactions: High Cortisol Chad
Idk man being 120 pounds seem kind of rough for me.
I'm not saying the data is bad, I haven't read the study or know the sample size, it probably is accurate, i'd imagine though it has to do with being cardiomaxxed aswell, the thing is I feel like being that lean and cardiomaxxed, would that really be the healthiest option? Over some muscle?

Maybe I have stopped valuing my life as much, perhaps it would be beneficial for both me and my appearance if I did drop down to between 120-135lb, damn.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23558 and High Cortisol Chad
Keep coping. Ideal BMI is 30+ where most of your mass comes from lean muscle.

24 BMI mogs

This guy is not 20 bmi.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23558
bmi is cope

just look good

Keep coping. Ideal BMI is 30+ where most of your mass comes from lean muscle.
Ideal for what? Certainly not for living a long and healthy life. The oldest human ever was about 20.5 BMI all of her life. Who is coping here

What BMI does he look like to you? I don't know about him specifically but hunter-gatherers have about that BMI

Looking within the Hadza hunter-gatherer population, we find little evidence of overweight or obesity. BMI for both men (20.0 ± 1.7, n = 84) and women (20.3 ± 2.4, n = 108) 20 to 81 years remains essentially constant throughout adulthood and similar between sexes (Fig. 1). Fewer than 2% of Hadza adults qualify as overweight

• +1
Reactions: sub5inchcel