A full list of LASH serums WITHOUT prostglandins or prostglandin alternatives

KING REIDYZ

KING REIDYZ

ALLAH IS BLACK 😎
Long, lifted lashes are a huge halo, and open up your eyes a ton. Unfortunately, lash serums are controversial on here. Many people have experienced fat loss around the eyes due to Latisse and similar serums, but prostaglandin (and prostaglandin analogues) are the only ingredients that have been scientifically proven to increase lash length beyond genetic limitations.

What about castor oil?

• Castor oil just conditions the lashes and gives the appearance of thicker lashes.
  • Some people swear on their life that castor oil truly increased their lash length, but they previously damaged their natural lashes with mascara or extensions. Putting on castor oil therefore **did** grow their lashes, but not beyond their genetic limitations. As someone who doesn’t wear mascara, this is useless to me.
  • Though to be fair, castor oil does contain a ton of ricinoleic acid, which can be stimulating for growth. This probably explains the ample anecdotal evidence when it comes to hair growth on the scalp (if your bald spots are NOT caused by genetics). I don’t think it would work much for lashes though.
Anyway, I went on a hunt for alternatives without side effects. There are a few ingredients that have been scientifically shown to cause hair and lash growth(in studies of varying quality), which I’ve listed below, linking to sources:

Red Clover Extract and Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3(makes up Capixyl)

Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17 and Myristoyl Hexapeptide-16

Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1 combined with Biotin

RELEVANT PRODUCTS:

Angfa, Scalp-D Beaute, Pure Free Eyelash Premium Serum - Contains biotinoyl tripeptide-1, oligopeptide-20, acetyl decapeptide-3, octapeptide-2, oligopeptide-41, caprooyl tetrapeptide-3, acetyl tetrapeptide-5, acetyl hexapeptide-8 high up on the ingredients list. Not sure what any of these do lol, except for biotinoyl tripeptide-1, which is the first peptide on the list. Reviews are good, but results are not dramatic. Seems to do more conditioning than growing.

The Glow Makers Eyelash and Brow Growth Peptide Complex Serum - Contains Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, Myristoyl Hexapeptide-16, Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3, Red Clover Extract, Biotin. That’s EVERYTHING with studies on lash growth, what an absolute jackpot. The site is kind of sketchy though and there are no reviews, has anyone tried this?

Indeed Labs Peptalash II Eyelash Serum - Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1, N-Prolyl Palmitoyl Tripeptide-56 Acetate (which I think is a component of Matrixyl). Interesting choice of peptides for sure… also contains Apple Stem Cells (Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture)… don’t know if that does anything for lashes. Reviews are mediocre, but it does work somewhat.

RevivLashes - rh-Polypeptide-3 (Keratinocyte Growth Factor, apparently), Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, Myristoyl Octapeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Tripeptide-3, Copper Tripeptide-1 (Oof, copper peptides are a controversial but it’s the last ingredient). Reviews for this seem really good and it contains most of the peptides helpful for lash growth, plus some others that might be helpful. Also contains Apple Stem Cells.

Luna Nectar Moon Boost - Contains Red Clover Extract, Castor Oil, and Biotin, but none of the peptides. I doubt this would work, but the reviews seem good if they can be believed. It’s definitely the most natural and “safest” out of everything in the list, though.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 31022, BrahminBoss, Deleted member 32440 and 1 other person
Might give them a try

• +1
Reactions: KING REIDYZ
castor oil definitely made mine grow, but i feel like it was because mine weren't at the full genetic potential, and now that they are they don't grow

• +1
Combine a DIY lash growth serum and a peptide lash growth serum for optimal results

Use the peptide one at night and the diy during the day

Tbh I'm willing to take the risk and buy some with prostglandin bc the peptide one I'm using rn is slow to give results

Tbh I'm willing to take the risk and buy some with prostglandin bc the peptide one I'm using rn is slow to give results
What are the benefits of peptide to you?

inshallah may god be upon you 💘

• +1
What are the benefits of peptide to you?
My lashes grew in lenght but only for like .2 cm, I have to curl them to see the growth. But they're not long enough to ascend my eye area

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss and KING REIDYZ