A prolonged use of Retinoids could cause hair loss

Zdeweilx

Zdeweilx

Diamond
Retinoids? fill me in

In the absolute least condescending way possible; when people don't know how to properly read an article like this, this is how science gets misconstrued.
Quick question, did you read the full article and follow up on the articles that it cited?

• +1
Reactions: JeremyMeeks, Seth Walsh, Kade and 3 others
Just google it theres ton of articles about it
Im real scared as a retinoids user
Fuck
How much though? Do you know, or can you read from the article??
I'm to low iq or knowledgeable about this, to read like: How much it matters.

Because as a man.
We are asold as our skin-quality and hairline.
So we need both.

But retinA/tretinoin- aka Vitamin A is crucial to keep good skin as one ages. So can't do without that.

i'm playing the safest bet though:
* retin-A for skin, And finastride + minoxidill for hair,

• +1
Reactions: Rift
Iuhhh
In the absolute least condescending way possible; when people don't know how to properly read an article like this, this is how science gets misconstrued.
Quick question, did you read the full article and follow up on the articles that it cited?
Elab

So with that first study it was examining dietary vitamin A in mice. I'm assuming that you're neither eating your tretinoin nor a mouse?

Did you read the full amount of the initial article that you linked? And did you follow up on the articles that it cited?

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood and Kade
So with that first study it was examining dietary vitamin A in mice. I'm assuming that you're neither eating your tretinoin nor a mouse?

Did you read the full amount of the initial article that you linked? And did you follow up on the articles that it cited?
Thanks for answering
Yeah I did read all of this but I didnt really understand everything tbh thats a rather complex vocabulary for a frenchcel like me
Whats with the follow up? Does it contradict what has just been stated or smth

Thanks for answering
Yeah I did read all of this but I didnt really understand everything tbh thats a rather complex vocabulary for a frenchcel like me
Whats with the follow up? Does it contradict what has just been stated or smth
A good number of them were talking about using retinoic acid in combination with minoxidil as a treatment for hair loss.

if you are prone to balding your going to go bald regardless

if you arnt prone to balding you will keep your hair regardless

A good number of them were talking about using retinoic acid in combination with minoxidil as a treatment for hair loss.
You lost me on this one, how could it be that a study demonstrating the harmful effects retinoids could have on one's hair is actually relying on articles advocating for the use of retinoids to cure hairloss?
???
if you are prone to balding your going to go bald regardless

if you arnt prone to balding you will keep your hair regardless
BS
Also who tf cares about being bald past 50. I'll gladly let the norwood reaper screw me over when I'll be an old fuck.
prime is everything

You lost me on this one, how could it be that a study demonstrating the harmful effects retinoids could have on one's hair is actually relying on articles advocating for the use of retinoids to cure hairloss?
???
Because its not a particularly well substantiated article that has a lot of cherry picking. This is what I meant when I mentioned how its easy for science to get misconstrued if you don't properly know how to read journal articles.

Within that article it literally says "topical treatment of human scalp HF with all-trans retinoic acid (ATRA, tretinoin) plus minoxidil may enhance the anagen-prolonging effects of minoxidil". That's why I asked if you'd actually read it.

Ultimately, if you don't understand something, getting freaked out about it is utterly pointless and if you're really that worried about it, just don't use retinoids.