A shameless promotion.

D

Deleted member 25938

. . .
Yesterday, I posted an insightful thread about the US higher education system (which in the grand scheme of things, is basically the world's higher education system), specifically on the blackpills of college admissions.

It was posted on Moneymaking & Success, and I was wondering what you Offtopic rotters thoughts were on this.

Thank you, and forgive me for my shameless promotion.

• Woah
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19174, rand anon and Michael Myers
You don't need to apologize. This forum is shit anyways

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: BetterOffDead and Deleted member 25938
07782F92 D5E8 4861 B871 4620D5671991
*5000*

• JFL
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, fukmylyf and Deleted member 25938
E373774D 7978 413D B0BD 8CC3E348BA22

• JFL
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, Cheesyrumble, rand anon and 1 other person
479E0AC1 211D 44BC 8806 B2AD03FCA6CC

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 25938
3E32F6BF F927 443F 8512 8F97D467AAD5

• JFL
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing and Deleted member 25938
80484E57 F278 462C A572 3D2E6DDF95CE

• JFL
DC03B5FC 4610 446E 91FE ACA9F62C5ED3

• JFL
2490FB95 5091 48B6 BA1E 20684C166BC6

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Solar and Deleted member 25938
E50F76B8 C6FA 49AF 937E 2DA3C64B018D

• So Sad
D412BFFD E084 4298 9084 99C35966EDC3

• JFL
A46235DE AE85 4BF4 93E4 489AA78138EB

• JFL
E347CE96 22DC 41CA A101 5498EECF5F2D

• JFL
94A9339A 5D93 4F29 A662 0199201B5D80

• JFL
344A76AB FBA4 4D54 9E7A 4E13ABF91CC9

And my favorite and last

• JFL
2D9B23A9 B5F8 48BD BD0B CA0C5D12C3D6
C73BC730 C4CB 47FF A5EA FA3225EC9C45

• JFL
Yesterday, I posted an insightful thread about the US higher education system (which in the grand scheme of things, is basically the world's higher education system), specifically on the blackpills of college admissions.

It was posted on Moneymaking & Success, and I was wondering what you Offtopic rotters thoughts were on this.

Thank you, and forgive me for my shameless promotion.
The whole thread was just you coping about "muh ethnics get into college ezpz while us model minorities and whites get gigafucked" and you referenced the lawsuit(which focused on Ivy League schools) Asians(funded by whites) proposed against Affirmative Action(in which WHITE women and GAY WHITE men are the biggest beneficiaries)

Also didn't you get into an Ivy League School recently?!

Smh @ you

• Hmm...
My gf was looking in my phone and she asked pe why i had photos of shirt less men in my camera roll ( all male models jfl its over)

• JFL
My gf was looking in my phone and she asked pe why i had photos of shirt less men in my camera roll ( all male models jfl its over)
C8668799 C885 4D3B 84CE 96039C3BD14C
73D90F70 FFA3 4D3A ACFE C02375AF3147
7E38D4E5 68C4 4AED A843 57FA538707D0
37499AF0 5E1D 4ABF 82F9 69964B7F4AAB

• JFL
The whole thread was just you coping about "muh ethnics get into college ezpz while us model minorities and whites get gigafucked" and you referenced the lawsuit(which focused on Ivy League schools) Asians(funded by whites) proposed against Affirmative Action(in which WHITE women and GAY WHITE men are the biggest beneficiaries)

Also didn't you get into an Ivy League School recently?!

Smh @ you
I guess perhaps my referencing of white being the losers in this game has inflated its significance. I personally believe that whites (especially white women) are neutral beneficiaries since their numbers in college have been relatively consistent in recent years (for gay white men, yes, I agree that they are beneficiaries). But that still doesn't mean that Asians aren't struggling due to this and other ethnics aren't benefiting from this.

Also no, it wasn't an Ivy.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22924
I guess perhaps my referencing of white being the losers in this game has inflated its significance. I personally believe that whites (especially white women) are neutral beneficiaries since their numbers in college have been relatively consistent in recent years (for gay white men, yes, I agree that they are beneficiaries). But that still doesn't mean that Asians aren't struggling due to this and other ethnics aren't benefiting from this.

Also no, it wasn't an Ivy.
If anyone's struggling, it definitely isn't asians. They make up 3% of the population and over 48% of them have a bachelor's degree or higher, even with Pacific Islanders dropping down the average. Way better than black people who make up 13% of the population and only 26% of them have a bachelor's. Affirmative Action is the biggest rugpull on ethnic minorities in history and you doing this model minority "muh whites gots no opportunities" has you looking like this mf
Screenshot 20230331 204731

If anyone's struggling, it definitely isn't asians. They make up 3% of the population and over 48% of them have a bachelor's degree or higher, even with Pacific Islanders dropping down the average. Way better than black people who make up 13% of the population and only 26% of them have a bachelor's. Affirmative Action is the biggest rugpull on ethnic minorities in history and you doing this model minority "muh whites gots no opportunities" has you looking like this mf View attachment 2132529
First of all, where and when did I ever say white people have no opportunity? If you actually read my thread you would've seen that I dropped a big ol' JBWpill (i.e., that whites are still the mainstay and thus will have the most power).

Secondly, the percentage of Asian Americans over the entire US population has more than doubled from the statistic you provided:
1920px-Asian_Americans_by_state.svg.png

Thirdly, from the sources I could find, it seems that for your second figure you cited a figure dating from 2012, over a decade ago:
ASIAN AMERICAN: Population is 15.5 million; 11.8 percent live in poverty; 3.5 percent are unemployed; 14.4 percent haven't graduated high school; 16.3 percent have only a high school degree; 20.5 percent have some college education; 29.3 percent have a bachelor's degree; 19.5 percent have a graduate or professional degree.
This contradicts data from census data taken during 2021:
From 2011 to 2021, the percentage of adults age 25 and older with a bachelor’s degree or higher increased from 34.0% to 41.9% for the non-Hispanic White population; from 19.9% to 28.1% for the Black population; from 50.3% to 61.0% for the Asian population; and from 14.1% to 20.6% for the Hispanic population.

So yes, I definitely agree with you and can concede to you that Asian Americans are anything but struggling as a whole demographic right. In fact, they're on the high road.

But what about in the future?

In 2016, Asians made up around 5.7% of the US population, while the black population was around 13.3%. By 2060, however, Asians are projected to make up 9.1% of the population, and blacks at 15.0%. From this it can be estimated that the Asian population in the US will increase at a faster rate than blacks will --- in fact, the former's population is expected to double! It can be assumed that a fair share of this growth will still be the result of immigration, including that of prospective students.

I also found this image from the hyperlink you put in your post:
black-high-school-attainment-nearly-on-par-with-national-average-figure-02.jpeg

And things are improving for black students, although it could be a lot better. At this rate, with affirmative action, African-Americans will definitely have the higher education closed within the next few decades. It should be noted that I support the benefits this reaps blacks and other ethnics.

I guess one thing I should've clarified that I also had a component of the future ahead of us in mind when typing out my thread. If and/or when this gap is closed and the playing field is leveled for the racial groups, then what is the next course of action? The paradox here is that given what affirmative action has done to Asians thus far (Students for Fair Admissions v. President and Fellows of Harvard College in 2014, stuff like North Thurston School District in 2021), what will or will have already happened to Asian American college applicants by, say, 2050 or 2060 warrants at least some concern, especially considering that Asians are proportionately rising at a faster rate.

I apologize (ahead of time) for having written my original thread in a way that comes off as strawmanning. Please keep in mind that I have/have had limitations when conjuring its contents: time, character limits, and the mere fact that I'm young and still in need of learning stuff. I'm open and interested in hearing more about the African-American perspective on the prospects of those people within higher education. However, I'd also appreciate if you, as a black person, also don't strawman and instead hear out and at least understand the Asian perspective of why such political controversy has arisen in the first place. Everything happens for a reason, you know?

I've first-handedly seen my fellow Asian friends suffer because they were naive about the role of factors such as demographics in the college game, thus leading them to formulate a weak and ineffective strategy to getting into top colleges in the first place (and yeah yeah, muh top colleges, but there's also a cultural inclination for brand worshipping among Asians that's also swaying them to make bad decisions, but that's for another occasion). Idk if @thecel can relate and/or attest to this. I'm only worried that if these cases become super commonplace, then the situation of Asians might become so dire that affirmative action will potentially have to reverse its roles, which will ofc only end up angering another group.

Perhaps at the end of the day, this could lead to one certain (?) answer: that not everyone's gonna be satisfied at the end. There might be ebbs and tides, but at once? We'll have to try and see.

• +1
Reactions: thecel
First of all, where and when did I ever say white people have no opportunity? If you actually read my thread you would've seen that I dropped a big ol' JBWpill (i.e., that whites are still the mainstay and thus will have the most power).

Secondly, the percentage of Asian Americans over the entire US population has more than doubled from the statistic you provided:

Thirdly, from the sources I could find, it seems that for your second figure you cited a figure dating from 2012, over a decade ago:

So yes, I definitely agree with you and can concede to you that Asian Americans are anything but struggling as a whole demographic right. In fact, they're on the high road.

In 2016, Asians made up around 5.7% of the US population, while the black population was around 13.3%. By 2060, however, Asians are projected to make up 9.1% of the population, and blacks at 15.0%. From this it can be estimated that the Asian population in the US will increase at a faster rate than blacks will --- in fact, the former's population is expected to double! It can be assumed that a fair share of this growth will still be the result of immigration, including that of prospective students.

And things are improving for black students, although it could be a lot better. At this rate, with affirmative action, African-Americans will definitely have the higher education closed within the next few decades. It should be noted that I support the benefits this reaps blacks and other ethnics.

I guess one thing I should've clarified that I also had a component of the future ahead of us in mind when typing out my thread. If and/or when this gap is closed and the playing field is leveled for the racial groups, then what is the next course of action? The paradox here is that given what affirmative action has done to Asians thus far (Students for Fair Admissions v. President and Fellows of Harvard College in 2014, stuff like North Thurston School District in 2021), what will or will have already happened to Asian American college applicants by, say, 2050 or 2060 warrants at least some concern, especially considering that Asians are proportionately rising at a faster rate.

I apologize (ahead of time) for having written my original thread in a way that comes off as strawmanning. Please keep in mind that I have/have had limitations when conjuring its contents: time, character limits, and the mere fact that I'm young and still in need of learning stuff. I'm open and interested in hearing more about the African-American perspective on the prospects of those people within higher education. However, I'd also appreciate if you, as a black person, also don't strawman and instead hear out and at least understand the Asian perspective of why such political controversy has arisen in the first place. Everything happens for a reason, you know?

I've first-handedly seen my fellow Asian friends suffer because they were naive about the role of factors such as demographics in the college game, thus leading them to formulate a weak and ineffective strategy to getting into top colleges in the first place (and yeah yeah, muh top colleges, but there's also a cultural inclination for brand worshipping among Asians that's also swaying them to make bad decisions, but that's for another occasion). Idk if @thecel can relate and/or attest to this. I'm only worried that if these cases become super commonplace, then the situation of Asians might become so dire that affirmative action will potentially have to reverse its roles, which will ofc only end up angering another group.

Perhaps at the end of the day, this could lead to one certain (?) answer: that not everyone's gonna be satisfied at the end. There might be ebbs and tides, but at once? We'll have to try and see.
Why are so much people immigrating to the west nigga dont understand it

• +1
Why are so much people immigrating to the west nigga dont understand it
Career prospects, higher education, escaping war/violence/poverty, seeking a version of the American Dream that has changed much since the 1950s and 1960s.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22924
Career prospects, higher education, escaping war/violence/poverty, seeking a version of the American Dream that has changed much since the 1950s and 1960s.
Over there childeren will just be turned gay by the jewish propaganda

• JFL
Truth. They let in any black with high scores.

I’m an incompetent moron, but they still let me into an Ivy League 5 years ago bc I’m really good at tests and memorization.

Im now neetcel and going nowhere in life

• So Sad
  • JFL

The reasons why I was dissatisfied with your thread in the first place was

1.)That lawsuit was in reference to SPECIFICALLY Harvard since they're the institution that enforces this Asian Penalty as a part of their affirmative action plan since they're the highest represented minority of all of them. So it's not like all colleges everywhere are disavowing Asians or something.

2.)because of the JBB/JBE(Just Be Exotic) foundation of it

I'll admit that the studies I used are old, but the reasons I bothered using them(besides the fact that I'm at work responding in between repairs :lul: ) is that the underlying cause behind them is still relevant, despite the population changes.

Let's make it clear that the fact that White Women, White Homosexuals, NB's and other white "minorities" that are benefitting from affirmative action aren't "Neutral beneficiaries" but DETRACTORS. Their fluid identity should be more of a focus since it's so easy to claim that you're gay or non-binary or trans, and the fact that they still can reap benefits from a plan that was ORIGINALLY INTENDED FOR US BASICALLY ETHNIC MINORITIES. And that's why their numbers have remained the same over the years, I don't think it's a strawman when I'm countering your neutral beneficiary statement by saying it's actually the opposite of what's really going on.

Speaking from an African American perspective on the future of Asian-American Higher education, I believe the West will always be Euro-centric, of course. So these loopholes that have the current stats proportionally the same as it's been for the last couple decades is a symptom of the society we're in, Whites will always have the advantage in the West and because of Asia's massive global population and influence they'll always be catered to, in this case by means of overrepresentation in higher education. That's evident by the stats we have today and that we've had for decades.

The major difference between the East Asians and the Black population when it comes to college, is that even if this doomsday scenario that you're speaking of comes, the former still has 1st world countries that they're ethnically tied to that have institutions that rival the West!(The Best Engineering school isn't even MIT, it's in China!), Black Americans are so many generations westernized that they don't have this option; we're psychologically disconnected from our respective countries, and even if we weren't, they've been so cucked by Western Imperialism that the only relevant infastructure are those that serve the interest of the former parent country so if they really wanted to disenfranchise us Jim Crow style they still could and there's nothing they could do about it.

• Love it
1.)That lawsuit was in reference to SPECIFICALLY Harvard since they're the institution that enforces this Asian Penalty as a part of their affirmative action plan since they're the highest represented minority of all of them. So it's not like all colleges everywhere are disavowing Asians or something.
Yeah I agree with this. Even a few hours after posting the thread I realized that this lawsuit isn't applicable to most other colleges, at least not at present.

2.)because of the JBB/JBE(Just Be Exotic) foundation of it
Elab a little bit? Are you saying that you disagree with the relationship between exoticness and increasing appeal to colleges? And if so, in what ways do you believe so?

I'll admit that the studies I used are old, but the reasons I bothered using them(besides the fact that I'm at work responding in between repairs :lul: ) is that the underlying cause behind them is still relevant, despite the population changes.
Jfl, mirin the effort you're putting into this tho. Although using more recent figures would have probably served your argument better if you used them imo. Still, you can't deny that Asians are gonna catch up to blacks in population, and that's gonna alter the dynamics of this situation in some shape or form, or at least amplify what's already the case now.

Let's make it clear that the fact that White Women, White Homosexuals, NB's and other white "minorities" that are benefitting from affirmative action aren't "Neutral beneficiaries" but DETRACTORS. Their fluid identity should be more of a focus since it's so easy to claim that you're gay or non-binary or trans, and the fact that they still can reap benefits from a plan that was ORIGINALLY INTENDED FOR US BASICALLY ETHNIC MINORITIES.
The second part of this statement is very true, and obviously it's the result of an ever more woke liberal political sphere. I guess that the detractions of Asian-Americans in particular are experiencing rn are also shared by blacks, but in different ways that make them prone to being dichotomized as being existent or nonexistent. Either way, if the different factors being considered in affirmative action --- race, color, gender, sexual orientation --- could be considered (in a constructivist manner) as their own groups, the latter two are the one getting the "minority" treatment simply because race and color are subjects that have been "talked about too much," "milked out," blah blah blah.

Speaking from an African American perspective on the future of Asian-American Higher education, I believe the West will always be Euro-centric, of course. So these loopholes that have the current stats proportionally the same as it's been for the last couple decades is a symptom of the society we're in, Whites will always have the advantage in the West and because of Asia's massive global population and influence they'll always be catered to, in this case by means of overrepresentation in higher education. That's evident by the stats we have today and that we've had for decades.

The major difference between the East Asians and the Black population when it comes to college, is that even if this doomsday scenario that you're speaking of comes, the former still has 1st world countries that they're ethnically tied to that have institutions that rival the West!(The Best Engineering school isn't even MIT, it's in China!), Black Americans are so many generations westernized that they don't have this option; we're psychologically disconnected from our respective countries, and even if we weren't, they've been so cucked by Western Imperialism that the only relevant infastructure are those that serve the interest of the former parent country so if they really wanted to disenfranchise us Jim Crow style they still could and there's nothing they could do about it.
Coming from this perspective, it's definitely apparent that Asian nations definitely have more favorable resources and alliances in terms of their self-advancement in a Western-dominated world. This includes higher education as well, as US colleges are the most prestigious in the world. I think this issue is not only relevant to higher education, but of global politics in general, which if anything comes to show how colleges are a microcosm of the world and also how politicized higher education is in general.

Speaking of microcosms, I intended my thread to be relevant to the top American institutions (the ones with the most prestige) because frankly the majority of my (limited) knowledge is limited to the American system. I actually made a preface clarifying this at first, but deleted it due to character limit (so sad). Either way, I failed to realize that because US colleges are so connected with outside/int'l affairs anyway that I should have broadened my scope to include a more worldly view of things, let alone seeing the side of other racial groups in the US.

You've brought up some insightful points and I've realized that my original thread does have quite a few shortcomings. I hope you realize why they're there and where I'm coming from though. This is the kind of stuff that makes .org worthwhile to visit, rather than mindlessly staring down at shitposts every day. So thank you for this.

Also I'm surprised US News didn't include IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) in that list, I'd figure they'd be the top. Either there's some criterion discrepancies among the IIT system and the rankings, or US News is trying to cuck India :feelskek:

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 27561 and thecel