A tough pill to swallow

JustChris

JustChris

Slay or be slayed
Alright, so I've got a few questions about the male modeling industry. The truth is that the industry is fucked beyond repair. Literally. Males going through crazy diets to fit in certain designers clothes because the designers won't make or re-adjust the clothes, photographers who think they are Gods and feel like they are wasting their time and so on.

Now let's get into the looks part and how the castings work.

It all depends on the agencies, and how big the agency is.
For example, local agencies will sign a contract purely based on a portofolio and a simple one hour shoot.
Regional agencies will settle with a portofolio as well and an interview/photo shoot.

Now, once you're aiming higher, it's starting to become a lot more complicated.
For example, I did a casting for Elite Paris in 2015, the castings were held in Bordeaux. First you send your portofolio and then you get a call back telling you that you were accepted for the castings. They do not pay for any of the expenses when it comes to transport or hotels.
Once you're at the castings, you get a sticker with a number. There's probably around 300 more dudes with you. They call 20 people at a time, and select between 5 to 10 of them. The rest are eliminated and are told on the spot to go home.
They do this all day until they narrow it down to around 50 people. Out of those 50 people they cut out 30 and you're left with 20.
The 20 people left are going to do a runway show with clothes imposed by the agency. Out of the 20 only 3 remain and get a contract.
Now it all depends on what type of casting they're doing. Each year is different. They have international castings, national castings, and mixed castings. I participated in the national one.
Once you sign the contract, the agency pays you a monthly salary even if you're not doing any shoots/shows. Once the agency starts calling you to go to photoshoots/runways, all expenses are covered by the agency, and you get paid extra depending on the importance of the job.
Big agencies do not sign male models solely for their good looks. They prefer unique and exotic looks that pull the viewer in when used in an advert.
Most important criterias are HEIGHT, LOWER THIRD, and good hair.
There's no such thing as hunter eyes, small nose, small ears, low FHWR or whatever when it comes to modeling. They are using your flaws to your advantage.

EVERY SINGLE PHOTO FROM PHOTOSHOOTS ARE PHOTOSHOPPED.
Smoother skin, jawline correction, nose correction, color correction, eye color correction, eye shape correction. No, it is not used out of propotions BUT IT IS USED.
Models WEAR MAKEUP. Airbrushing, highlighter to make your zygos look better and chin. As well as MASCARA to make the eyelashes pop.

Hope this was informative.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, jefferson and Nibba
Some insider information about male modelling industry, just be tall strikes again though

Now I know how to become the next gandy:feelshmm:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and CopeMaxxer
Old news
Some insider information about male modelling industry, just be tall strikes again though

Now I know how to become the next gandy:feelshmm:
5'11 is tall enough to model (not like you'd ever make it JFL). Most models are 5'11-6'2. Gandy for example is 6'2 and not 6'3.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Nibba
Alright, so I've got a few questions about the male modeling industry. The truth is that the industry is fucked beyond repair. Literally. Males going through crazy diets to fit in certain designers clothes because the designers won't make or re-adjust the clothes, photographers who think they are Gods and feel like they are wasting their time and so on.

For example, local agencies will sign a contract purely based on a portofolio and a simple one hour shoot.
Regional agencies will settle with a portofolio as well and an interview/photo shoot.

For example, I did a casting for Elite Paris in 2015, the castings were held in Bordeaux. First you send your portofolio and then you get a call back telling you that you were accepted for the castings. They do not pay for any of the expenses when it comes to transport or hotels.
Once you're at the castings, you get a sticker with a number. There's probably around 300 more dudes with you. They call 20 people at a time, and select between 5 to 10 of them. The rest are eliminated and are told on the spot to go home.
They do this all day until they narrow it down to around 50 people. Out of those 50 people they cut out 30 and you're left with 20.
The 20 people left are going to do a runway show with clothes imposed by the agency. Out of the 20 only 3 remain and get a contract.
Now it all depends on what type of casting they're doing. Each year is different. They have international castings, national castings, and mixed castings. I participated in the national one.
Once you sign the contract, the agency pays you a monthly salary even if you're not doing any shoots/shows. Once the agency starts calling you to go to photoshoots/runways, all expenses are covered by the agency, and you get paid extra depending on the importance of the job.
Big agencies do not sign male models solely for their good looks. They prefer unique and exotic looks that pull the viewer in when used in an advert.
There's no such thing as hunter eyes, small nose, small ears, low FHWR or whatever when it comes to modeling. They are using your flaws to your advantage.

Smoother skin, jawline correction, nose correction, color correction, eye color correction, eye shape correction. No, it is not used out of propotions BUT IT IS USED.
Models WEAR MAKEUP. Airbrushing, highlighter to make your zygos look better and chin. As well as MASCARA to make the eyelashes pop.

Hey based on what you've seen of me, do you think I could be a niche model? Even just locally? If you want pics I can give them to you.

And how would I go about this

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
5'11 is tall enough to model (not like you'd ever make it JFL). Most models are 5'11-6'2. Gandy for example is 6'2 and not 6'3.
That offended me, my dream job actually is full time Gandy

• +1
  • +1
  • +1
Hey based on what you've seen of me, do you think I could be a niche model? Even just locally? If you want pics I can give them to you.

And how would I go about this

You'll have to hit up a local agency. Like literally, google local agencies in your town, and go talk to them. They'll give you an answer on the spot.

• +1
You'll have to hit up a local agency. Like literally, google local agencies in your town, and go talk to them. They'll give you an answer on the spot.
Aight cool. have u seen any guys that look like me?

• +1

As I said, different purposes. Runways, photoshoots, commercials. If designer clothes look good on them, they will be hired.
Aight cool. have u seen any guys that look like me?
More or less yeah.

• +1
Shortest one is 187cm ( = 6'1.5")... JFL!
Modelling agencies tend to add 2-5cm to a person's height, just look at O'pry, he is 182cm and is advertised as 185-6.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Tricky
If only. I think God gave me the wrong height. Or just the wrong everything else.
Maybe even the wrong profile picture, get another one believe me
@extreme-overthinker I think I can be full time Gandy now huh?

• +1

Average actor looks better than this. TBH not all models even female ones look that good to me. Most people on lookism forums talk about the best amongst them Gandy, Chico, Sean O'Pry etc and that is why they talk about other features such as eyes etc. Also the most famous models all have those features such as hunter eyes. Working as a model isn't automatically a proof of being good looking imo, as the above pics show.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and CopeMaxxer
Average actor looks better than this. TBH not all models even female ones look that good to me. Most people on lookism forums talk about the best amongst them Gandy, Chico, Sean O'Pry etc and that is why they talk about other features such as eyes etc. Also the most famous models all have those features such as hunter eyes. Working as a model isn't automatically a proof of being good looking imo, as the above pics show.
hunter PCT eyes > lower third

• +1
  • +1
The latter is relatively easier to fix
Yeah, but you can tell if someone has had sliding genio because his jawline has a curve rather than being straight

• +1
Hunter eyes are easily achievable in photoshoots due to angle.
Life is not just about pics. I can fraud my pics on Tinder but what about the date. :lul::lul:

• +1
  • +1
WTF LMAO

some of these guys are norwooding hard. jesus
Someone on .me posted a curry model who was like PSL 3. Modelling shouldn't even be considered as a proof of good looking tbh. Their criterias are different imo as OP told.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 281
Life is not just about pics. I can fraud my pics on Tinder but what about the date. :lul::lul:

Well, in reality no one really has "hunter eyes". The majority of people who do have them it's due to their fat levels and not brow ridge prominence.

• +1
Modelling agencies tend to add 2-5cm to a person's height, just look at O'pry, he is 182cm and is advertised as 185-6.
Gandy is 6'2 advertised as 6'3, lachowski is 6'4 advertised as 6'2

• +1
Well, in reality no one really has "hunter eyes". The majority of people who do have them it's due to their fat levels and not brow ridge prominence.
I am not sure how you define hunter eyes but the guy in my avi has them. Even in motion you can see. Now people can say that they are not hunter eyes but to me they are. And the browridge is clearly prominent.

• +1
  • +1
I am not sure how you define hunter eyes but the guy in my avi has them. Even in motion you can see. Now people can say that they are not hunter eyes but to me they are. And the browridge is clearly prominent.

That's because he's constantly squinting. At the end of the video there's a sequence where he has his eyes relaxed and you can see the upper eyelid exposure.

• +1
That's because he's constantly squinting. At the end of the video there's a sequence where he has his eyes relaxed and you can see the upper eyelid exposure.
So squintmaxx

• +1
  • +1
Chico is not nearly that tall
Ccp1vg5WAAA43lr.jpg

• +1
  • +1
Google "Lucky Blue Smith". All the bitches fawn over him.

E Y E A R E A

• +1
  • +1
  • +1
ya 7mar 3m b 2lak enta zaki mitl abouk 3ashan t3ref eno l eye area ahama shi. lesh tsib fini :cry::cry:
Lmfaoo i didnt understand the other part but i saw bayak so fakarat 3am tsib nee :lul:. asaf habibi :heart:. n3am il 3ayoon hina kilchee shan hayk lazam nilbos contact lenses

• +1
Lmfaoo i didnt understand the other part but i saw bayak so fakarat 3am tsib nee :lul:. asaf habibi :heart:. n3am il 3ayoon hina kilchee shan hayk lazam nilbos contact lenses
lazam tsawi squintmaxx tul l waqt. Bas l nas yshufuk w ygulu had mu3aq 3ndo mashakel nafs.

• +1