A Vitamin C Serum That's BETTER Than SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic

deepweb1298

deepweb1298

Gold
Some users here have heard of the famed CE Ferulic by Skinceuticals:

It's one of the proven Antioxidant serums out there which we pair with SPF to help keep our collagen. A lot of companies try to copy the formula like Paula's Choice, Timeless, La Roche-Posay.

I currently use the Silymarin CF version since it's for oily acne-prone skin.

The way to think of CE Ferulic is that it is an anti-oxidant serum that protects from Reactive Oxygen Species, reduces oxidative stress as well as a bunch of other benefits.

Well if you want to MAXIMISE your anti-aging skincare routine you should replace it with:

SkinBetter is one of those expensive brands that are usually only found in derms / surgeon offices.

SB done a head-to-head study comparing the old version of SB Alto Defense and SK's CE Ferulic:

Now the one I tagged is the newer version with all the same anti-oxidants + DNA Repair Enzymes + niacinamide + Pyrroloquinoline Quinone Allyl Ester + Arginine. These are all really good ingredients which make it even better than the old one used in the study.

Tagging users from the old Vitamin C thread and some others who might be interested.

@Wallenberg @Danish_Retard @Preoximerianas @Asocial @eren1 @ArvidGustavsson @AscendingHero @Spinc @JawGuyFatFaceGuy @Baldingman1998 @coolguy1 @LastHopeForNorman @Lmao @kej3094 @HQNPmaxxing

• +1
Reactions: ozemprick, mvp2v1, Prettyboy and 15 others
I can already hear the comments moaning about the price and how tret is only needed for anti-aging. This is to MAXIMISE anti-aging.

you dont NEED to have a skincare routine at all but we still all have one. You dont NEED a vitamin c serum but having it will help get every percentage point of anti-aging possible

• +1
Reactions: Racky and Deleted member 15827
I have used some cheap healthyglow from ebay. Has both vit C and ferulic acid.

I have used some cheap healthyglow from ebay. Has both vit C and ferulic acid.
which is fine im sure it will still work but NOT AS GOOD when compared with CE Ferulic. If you dont have the money for any of this stuff, its chill no need to sweat over it. This is just an informative post for anyone who does have the spare cash

which is fine im sure it will still work but NOT AS GOOD when compared with CE Ferulic. If you dont have the money for any of this stuff, its chill no need to sweat over it. This is just an informative post for anyone who does have the spare cash
It's this one:

It's this one:

its also not just about the ingredients the important part is the pH of solution. L-Ascorbic Acid needs a low pH to penetrate the skin which SC has patented but yeah im sure its okay and will have some benefits but its kinda dodgy buying some random one on ebay

what are your thoughts on these two products. alpha arbutin and azelaic acid

what are your thoughts on these two products. alpha arbutin and azelaic acid
depends on what your goal is, if its skin brightening its good. Although AzA requires a high concentration to be effective and also its hard to formulate a product with other ingredients. A-Arbutin is in SB's Even Tone Correcting Serum:

For AzA i recommend:

or equivalent just needs to be 15% gel form

depends on what your goal is, if its skin brightening its good. Although AzA requires a high concentration to be effective and also its hard to formulate a product with other ingredients. A-Arbutin is in SB's Even Tone Correcting Serum:

For AzA i recommend:

or equivalent just needs to be 15% gel form
thx. my main goal is to brighten yeah, i used to have really fair skin as a kid but acne picking + sun damage make it a little darker and im getting it brightened up rn. what are the best things u recommend

Every Vit C serum just turns my fucking face orange, even fresh and non-oxidized. I even bought the skinceuticals one. Should I just give up

thx. my main goal is to brighten yeah, i used to have really fair skin as a kid but acne picking + sun damage make it a little darker and im getting it brightened up rn. what are the best things u recommend
same we have the same skin goals. Recently got complimented on my skin glow by a gay guy :lul: They are ruthless about looks so at least i know that if a gay guy compliments my skin then girls probably think my skin is good as well.

So after I finish Silymarin CF + my DNA Repair Enzyme product I'm gonna use both the Alto Advanced + this one for my main brightening product:

I compared both AnteAGE's and SB's brightener and IMO AnteAGE's one beats SB's Brightener

Every Vit C serum just turns my fucking face orange, even fresh and non-oxidized. I even bought the skinceuticals one. Should I just give up
It might be the L-Ascorbic Acid making you orange. The Alto Advanced Vitamin C is Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate which can be gentler on the skin. You might just have sensitive skin?

• Love it
Reactions: Fgsfds
that vitamin c serum is to boost collagen.

I don't think people buy it for Antioxidant protection.

The alto serum contains Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate

that ingredient don't got the studies on collagen production like absorbic acid which is what the skinceuticals one contains

that vitamin c serum is to boost collagen.

I don't think people buy it for Antioxidant protection.

The alto serum contains Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate

that ingredient don't got the studies on collagen production like absorbic acid which is what the skinceuticals one contains
thats a good point actually, dont have a counter argument to that. My thinking is that formulations and research has progressed since CE Ferulic's release in 2005. That's 17 years of R&D, and the study imo is a good sign at the very least that its better.

Personally im going to switch from it because of the DNA Repair Enzymes in it which provide anti-aging benefits that is unique

• +1
Reactions: Fgsfds
thats a good point actually, dont have a counter argument to that. My thinking is that formulations and research has progressed since CE Ferulic's release in 2005. That's 17 years of R&D, and the study imo is a good sign at the very least that its better.

Personally im going to switch from it because of the DNA Repair Enzymes in it which provide anti-aging benefits that is unique
That study was on antioxidant protection not collagen production
You're getting better antioxidant protection/anti aging for sure but the jury is out on collagen production

Does the alto one contain a high amount of Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate to even boost collagen like the skin ceutical ones?

Doubt it based on the ingredient not being one of the first ones on the ingredient list and trahexyldecyl Ascorbate not having the studies to back it up on collagen production like absorbic acid

timeless vitamin c

That study was on antioxidant protection not collagen production
You're getting better antioxidant protection/anti aging for sure but the jury is out on collagen production

Does the alto one contain a high amount of Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate to even boost collagen like the skin ceutical ones?

Doubt it based on the ingredient not being one of the first ones on the ingredient list and trahexyldecyl Ascorbate not having the studies to back it up on collagen production like absorbic acid
Im still learning but i guess my point was with the goal being anti-aging over just pure collagen production.

I think you are trying to say that Collagen production = Anti-aging. No doubt its extremely important but there is a lot more to aging in the skin than just losing collagen and retaining that through vit c serums.

I would argue that better anti-oxidant protection = better anti-aging protection. This includes collagen production maybe not to the extent of CE Ferulic but you get a bunch of other benefits which will contribute to it in the long run.

Im still learning but i guess my point was with the goal being anti-aging over just pure collagen production.

I think you are trying to say that Collagen production = Anti-aging. No doubt its extremely important but there is a lot more to aging in the skin than just losing collagen and retaining that through vit c serums.

I would argue that better anti-oxidant protection = better anti-aging protection. This includes collagen production maybe not to the extent of CE Ferulic but you get a bunch of other benefits which will contribute to it in the long run.
noted.

thoughts on copper peptides?

noted.

thoughts on copper peptides?
Ive not done a ton of research but from what ive heard the best is:

I think in general its a pretty good ingredient but ive seen online that can use too much of it:

"..excessive use can have an opposite effect by increasing the levels of free copper and/or by triggering excessive production of metalloproteinases. Free copper promotes free radical damage and collagen breakdown leading to accelerated skin aging. Metalloproteinases can digest collagen and elastin, weakening the skin and causing sag. These problems do not seem to occur among the majority of copper peptide users. However, there are anecdotal reports indicating that such side-effects might happen with overuse, incorrect use, or even normal use in sensitive individuals. Ideally, a sufficiently large study is needed to better quantify these risk."

My question would be if GHK-Cu is soo much better for things like collagen why isnt it used by all the fancy brands? Either its hard to formulate, there is some patent to GHK-Cu's formula, or that there is better ingredients out there.

I think that it can be used as an alternative to Vit c but is no way superior to it for anti-aging. Again can be proven wrong but ive not delved a lot in the science and studies

• +1
Reactions: dough

It's one of the proven Antioxidant serums out there which we pair with SPF to help keep our collagen. A lot of companies try to copy the formula like Paula's Choice, Timeless, La Roche-Posay.

The way to think of CE Ferulic is that it is an anti-oxidant serum that protects from Reactive Oxygen Species, reduces oxidative stress as well as a bunch of other benefits.

Well if you want to MAXIMISE your anti-aging skincare routine you should replace it with:

SkinBetter is one of those expensive brands that are usually only found in derms / surgeon offices.

SB done a head-to-head study comparing the old version of SB Alto Defense and SK's CE Ferulic:

Now the one I tagged is the newer version with all the same anti-oxidants + DNA Repair Enzymes + niacinamide + Pyrroloquinoline Quinone Allyl Ester + Arginine. These are all really good ingredients which make it even better than the old one used in the study.

Tagging users from the old Vitamin C thread and some others who might be interested.

@Wallenberg @Danish_Retard @Preoximerianas @Asocial @eren1 @ArvidGustavsson @AscendingHero @Spinc @JawGuyFatFaceGuy @Baldingman1998 @coolguy1 @LastHopeForNorman @Lmao @kej3094 @HQNPmaxxing
so there is not alternative and one should go with the expensive one from skinbetter?

so there is not alternative and one should go with the expensive one from skinbetter?
if you have the money to spare, if you are tight for cash get whatever is cheaper of CE Ferulic, Alto Advanced or the Alto Defense

• +1
Reactions: lasthope
its also not just about the ingredients the important part is the pH of solution. L-Ascorbic Acid needs a low pH to penetrate the skin which SC has patented but yeah im sure its okay and will have some benefits but its kinda dodgy buying some random one on ebay
Redditors praised that product.

• +1
if you have the money to spare, if you are tight for cash get whatever is cheaper of CE Ferulic, Alto Advanced or the Alto Defense
i mean technacly i have the main but i am not a richcell
so would only buy this if its significant better then the alternatives

btw what are alternatives one can buy?

I tried many others but none worked as good as the silymarin cf, is for normal to oily skin. Worth every penny in my opinion

I tried many others but none worked as good as the silymarin cf, is for normal to oily skin. Worth every penny in my opinion
yeah Im not saying SC is BAD lol, I have Silymarin and ive definitely noticed less breakouts, less oily look but still getting results like a brighter skin glow. Im just trying to see what products would have the best anti-aging stuff in it

i mean technacly i have the main but i am not a richcell
so would only buy this if its significant better then the alternatives

btw what are alternatives one can buy?
honestly not sure on alts that i would be confident in suggesting. If you look at the table in the study the SB 30%-50% better than SC at AOX protection. So that could translate into 30%-50% more anti-aging. But cant say for sure

• +1
yeah Im not saying SC is BAD lol, I have Silymarin and ive definitely noticed less breakouts, less oily look but still getting results like a brighter skin glow. Im just trying to see what products would have the best anti-aging stuff in it

honestly not sure on alts that i would be confident in suggesting. If you look at the table in the study the SB 30%-50% better than SC at AOX protection. So that could translate into 30%-50% more anti-aging. But cant say for sure
alright
i mean sb and sc and nearly the same price

but what about https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vitamin-C-...737?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4186511be1

its quite cheape but can it even compete with sb or sc?

diet > hormones > products
but i will use this instead now, ty OP
been a richcel as of late

Will it help my under eyes

It's this one:

Hey I'm considering buying this. Will this go well with hyaluronic acid in the morning?

Hey I'm considering buying this. Will this go well with hyaluronic acid in the morning?
I don't know, I don't use HA. Try it.

@Cope @Seth Walsh @Prettyboy @Gargantuan

thoughts?