A woman acknowledged my existence today

MasterEscapist

MasterEscapist

Iron
I was heading to my apartment complex's gym, eager to get to my daily workout. Takes an elevator trip and quite a bit of walking to get there, so i'm always bound to come across neighbors when I head out.

Now less than a minute away from the gym, I saw that I was about to cross paths with a woman at the other end of the hall. From the details I gathered with a quick glance, she was decently attractive, fit, and a brunette. Mid 20's at most. I tried to play it as cool as possible and try not to act like a total virgin as I usually do with the opposite sex. I corrected my posture and played it cool.

As we passed one another, she turned towards me, and gave me a wide grin. "Heyyy, how are youuu?"

I nodded, gave a slight smirk and told her I wasn't doing too bad. The dopamine surge was intoxicating. This was either an IOI or she's one of those women that's nice to everyone. I feel like I've ascended. Am I being delusional?

• +1
Reactions: heightmaxxing, icon2125215 and ConfusedBolivian
surely you reciprocated the question, right...
dont tell me it ended at you saying you weren't doing too bad
a woman went out her way to acknowledge you

• +1
Reactions: Klasik01
surely you reciprocated the question, right...
dont tell me it ended at you saying you weren't doing too bad
a woman went out her way to acknowledge you
My bad, I forgot to mention that I reciprocated further. I said, "not too bad, what about you?"

I also noticed that she had just retrieved her mail, and considered using that as a pretext to make some small to her - I was going to claim that I had just moved in, and ask her for directions to the mail room. I didn't do any of that, but I'm willing to bet there's a chance I'll run into her again one of these days. If I do, I'll play my cards right and see if I can get to know her a bit.

• +1
Reactions: icon2125215