Accutane 3rd month update

silencio

silencio

2026 i'm coming
(pics at the end, don't comment on formatting idgaf)

I have gone on accutane on march 1st. Beforehands I have tried epiduo (benzoyl peroxide+adapalene) but it didn't work. This last 3 months were like literal a nightmare, I had mild acne but the purge made it severe in a week. It was so bad I tried to break my finger so I didn't have to go to school jfl. I felt very miserable and depressed, but I coped with it's just the purge, it'll go and I won't regret the results. You can find some venting threads on my profile from that time if you care.

At this point, the purge is mostly over. I get some pimples still, but only like 1-2 everyday.
The results are very far from perfect cause of the PIH and I still hate myself but objectively it has gotten better and I think I'm on the right track.

The things I do:

Accutane 20/30/30, took it with fatty food
supplementing fish oil and zinc
probiotics and antihistamines
daily 30 full body sun exposure (except face)
whenever i go out spf 50 sunscreen
Sleeping on back with no pillows, not touching my face EVER
Fucidin H (fucidic acid+hidrocortisone) topical cream every night (it's prescription)
popping pus filled pimples with sterile needle + betadine
Sleep 8 hours and have as good diet as possible
Use clean papers to dry my face off
Pimple patches

Researching: collagenmaxxing and liposomal vitamin C

Routine:
Am (water and sunscreen)
PM (cleanser and moisturizer (Fucidin H replaced moisturizer for me, but otherwise use moisturizer))
For choosing products, choose the basics with no actives while on accutane

Side effects:

Dry lips
Itchy dry skin with occasional rashes
Back pain
24/7 irritated eyes, I have legit blood red eyes I blink like 10 times a second
Nose bleeds
Pretty sure my test went down but I didn't do bloods before
Wanting to rope cause of the purge

My theory on why I purged so bad, is cause I had ton of closed comedones. They all turned into a real pimple at the same time not gradually. I reckon if you have not much cc's you will be fine.

Progress pics, it's in chronological order but I wrote it there too.

IMG 4528
IMG 4529
IMG 4530
IMG 4545
IMG 4531
IMG 4533
IMG 4532
IMG 4534
IMG 4535

People wanting to be tagged: @8incheer

Thanks for reading!

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: ripikke, 8incheer, colzy and 4 others
use eye drops bhai.

• +1
Reactions: silencio and <6PSLcel
  • +1
Reactions: cavy

I have gone on accutane on march 1st. Beforehands I have tried epiduo (benzoyl peroxide+adapalene) but it didn't work. This last 3 months were like literal a nightmare, I had mild acne but the purge made it severe in a week. It was so bad I tried to break my finger so I didn't have to go to school jfl. I felt very miserable and depressed, but I coped with it's just the purge, it'll go and I won't regret the results. You can find some venting threads on my profile from that time if you care.

At this point, the purge is mostly over. I get some pimples still, but only like 1-2 everyday.
The results are very far from perfect cause of the PIH and I still hate myself but objectively it has gotten better and I think I'm on the right track.

The things I do:

Fucidin H (fucidic acid+hidrocortisone) topical cream every night (it's prescription)
Pimple patches

Routine:
Am (water and sunscreen)
PM (cleanser and moisturizer (Fucidin H replaced moisturizer for me, but otherwise use moisturizer))

Side effects:

Dry lips
Back pain
Nose bleeds

My theory on why I purged so bad, is cause I had ton of closed comedones. They all turned into a real pimple at the same time not gradually. I reckon if you have not much cc's you will be fine.

Thanks for reading!
i stoppped purging after 3 weeks of use and that's because i used 80mg, use a higher dose and your purge will start and end quicker

• +1
Reactions: silencio
i stoppped purging after 3 weeks of use and that's because i used 80mg, use a higher dose and your purge will start and end quicker
Derm doesn't prescribe higher dose. And I think prolonged use makes the chances of acne coming back lower. So both down and upsides

Derm doesn't prescribe higher dose. And I think prolonged use makes the chances of acne coming back lower. So both down and upsides
lol how much he charge u? i spent £90 and got like a years worth of supply

• +1
i did low dose and my face was clear by 2nd month with hyperpigmentation that improved weekly and i just finished my 6th month and stopped treatment.

I didnt have a purge possiblly due to anti bitoics my derm made me run before even starting accutane. Which makes sense, because bacteria causes acne on the sebum secreted by your puberty skin pores. The little purge i got took months to fully fade away.

i also had naturally reduced acne flare ups probably by age before starting acccutane and it wasnt as severe anymore

i have clear skin now but my back texture is absolutely fucked so good luck

• +1
lol how much he charge u? i spent £90 and got like a years worth of supply
It's not about the money, it's not a problem for me. It's about what he thinks is safe for me

i did low dose and my face was clear by 2nd month with hyperpigmentation that improved weekly and i just finished my 6th month and stopped treatment.

I didnt have a purge possiblly due to anti bitoics my derm made me run before even starting accutane. Which makes sense, because bacteria causes acne on the sebum secreted by your puberty skin pores. The little purge i got took months to fully fade away.

i also had naturally reduced acne flare ups probably by age before starting acccutane and it wasnt as severe anymore

i have clear skin now but my back texture is absolutely fucked so good luck
I should have gone on antibiotics before accutane, instead of coping with topicals. Fuck.

I have now mainly only pigmentation as you can see on the last pics, hope it fades in a couple months completely

Happy for you by the way

I should have gone on antibiotics before accutane, instead of coping with topicals. Fuck.

I have now mainly only pigmentation as you can see on the last pics, hope it fades in a couple months completely

Happy for you by the way
yeah, this pigmentation is called PIE, you can read about it online or on the Accutane subreddit, it takes quite a long to leave but introducing a serum LITERALLY WAS A GAME CHANGER.

My skin started getting better day per day after daily use of the serum for weeks and weeks, and after my skin was like 80% clear it got better a bit slower since only minor and insignificant PIE was left and it got better week to week. I started the serum after a month of Accutane when my derm prescribed it (its OTC) and the best thing for me was that my nose black heads fell out within a week of using it there.

• +1
yeah, this pigmentation is called PIE, you can read about it online or on the Accutane subreddit, it takes quite a long to leave but introducing a serum LITERALLY WAS A GAME CHANGER.

My skin started getting better day per day after daily use of the serum for weeks and weeks, and after my skin was like 80% clear it got better a bit slower since only minor and insignificant PIE was left and it got better week to week. I started the serum after a month of Accutane when my derm prescribed it (its OTC) and the best thing for me was that my nose black heads fell out within a week of using it there.
Which serum are you talking about?

Damn brutal as fuck, at least you've gotten through the worst of it now.

• +1
Damn brutal as fuck, at least you've gotten through the worst of it now.
Man I really hope. I mean it looks very bad still but at least it doesn't hurt that much. I couldn't turn my head for weeks jfl.

• +1
Reactions: N1666
3 months later and you still get 1-2 pimples everyday is this shit even worth it, i have the same acne u did to begin with but cant tell if its worth going through that whilst im still in school

• +1
3 months later and you still get 1-2 pimples everyday is this shit even worth it, i have the same acne u did to begin with but cant tell if its worth going through that whilst im still in school
I'm on a very low dose and I started with ton of closed comedones. I think that's why it's like this. You should go on antibiotics before accutane, wish I did that. I can't tell if it's worth it, but for most normies and foids it's worth it. I think I'm an unluckier patient than the rest overall

The things I do:

Pimple patches

Routine:
Am (water and sunscreen)

Side effects:

Dry lips
Back pain
Nose bleeds

Thanks for reading!
enjoy closed growth plates and lower HGH brother

hop off it before its too late

• JFL