Achieving best possible craniofacial improvement through jaw surgery/implants

K

KpopmaxxingGuy

Coping with genetic inferiority
Since I'll be going under the knife anyway, I was wondering what can be done with a mouth breather adenoid face. Of course I'll be consulting with multiple surgeons about this, but looking to see what this forum says.
XRAY

• +1
Reactions: ryuken
Since I'll be going under the knife anyway, I was wondering what can be done with a mouth breather adenoid face. Of course I'll be consulting with multiple surgeons about this, but looking to see what this forum says.
View attachment 3227419
Just curious what's your mfr and fwhr?

Your face looks pretty long.

View attachment 3227419
Also what's your ethnicity. Are you mixed?

Just curious what's your mfr and fwhr?

Your face looks pretty long.
Not sure how to measure those. Yeah my face is pretty long, my small eye area also means my midface length is ridiculously large.
Also what's your ethnicity. Are you mixed?
I'm Korean. Given what you see though, what sort of procedures and/or implants would you recommend?

Not sure how to measure those. Yeah my face is pretty long, my small eye area also means my midface length is ridiculously large.

I'm Korean.
Wow. You're pheno looks sort of like you're mixed with southern European/Mena from a side angle. Especially with the nose.
Given what you see though, what sort of procedures and/or implants would you recommend?
Ideally LF2/LF3 +ccw. Whether you can get in/afford to get it with Giant is a different matter.

You could do a regular bimax with ccw. Try to get the lf1 high cut if possible, since ur philtrum isn't that big. Maybe after that ur jaw will be forward enough relative to your midface that you can get some malar implants for your midface region, so your face looks a bit more 3d.

Wow. You're pheno looks sort of like you're mixed with southern European/Mena from a side angle. Especially with the nose.

Ideally LF2/LF3 +ccw. Whether you can get in/afford to get it with Giant is a different matter.

You could do a regular bimax with ccw. Try to get the lf1 high cut if possible, since ur philtrum isn't that big. Maybe after that ur jaw will be forward enough relative to your midface that you can get some malar implants for your midface region, so your face looks a bit more 3d.
We do have to consider that this x-ray was taken prior to the decompensation. Yeah the nose is pretty bad, rhinoplasty is definitely on its way. But since LF2/LF3 isn't possible, I was definitely thinking of getting some malar implants. How supraorbital/infraorbital?
Bimax Start

I'm Korean. Given what you see though, what sort of procedures and/or implants would you recommend?
Also I'm not sure if you know Korean or not but there is supposedly a surgeon in Korean doing interoral LF-2S for cosmetic reasons. Whether this is just marketing hype bs or legit, I'm not sure, but it's something to keep in mind.

I think there's a surgeon in central Europe iirc (maybe Germany or Austria) that does interoral lf-2s too, if that's more convenient.

It's a potential alternative to the Giant route or bribing some surgeon with absurd amounts of money to give you a cosmetic LF2.

Actual lifetime mouthbreather or just downward grown?

Also I'm not sure if you know Korean or not but there is supposedly a surgeon in Korean doing interoral LF-2S for cosmetic reasons. Whether this is just marketing hype bs or legit, I'm not sure, but it's something to keep in mind.

I think there's a surgeon in central Europe iirc (maybe Germany or Austria) that does interoral lf-2s too, if that's more convenient.

It's a potential alternative to the Giant route or bribing some surgeon with absurd amounts of money to give you a cosmetic LF2.
That's tough man, is LF2 really warranted in my case? Is there no implant combination that can replicate what a LF2 does?

We do have to consider that this x-ray was taken prior to the decompensation. Yeah the nose is pretty bad, rhinoplasty is definitely on its way. But since LF2/LF3 isn't possible, I was definitely thinking of getting some malar implants. How supraorbital/infraorbital?
View attachment 3227456
This is you? Do you have lip incompetence?

Actual lifetime mouthbreather or just downward grown?
Actual lifetime mouthbreather, essentially from birth. Chronic allergies made mouth breathing the norm.

I suffered from literally every stereotypical mouth breathing symptom. Downward growth, dry mouth after sleeping, poor posture, crooked teeth.

This is you? Do you have lip incompetence?
Yes, the middle photo is my mouth at rest. You'll see that my chin is very recessed, so a genioplasty will happen when I get my surgery.

Actual lifetime mouthbreather, essentially from birth. Chronic allergies made mouth breathing the norm.

I suffered from literally every stereotypical mouth breathing symptom. Downward growth, dry mouth after sleeping, poor posture, crooked teeth.
How about stains on the teeth
I don't know if I was lifetime mouthbreather because I have perfectly developed teeth and palate but recessed upper maxilla and stained teeth which I was told was from dry mouth from mouth breathing and it appeared since 5
Asians are supposed to have very forward upper maxillas right

An ordinary lf2 or quadrangular lefort 2?

How about stains on the teeth
I don't know if I was lifetime mouthbreather because I have perfectly developed teeth and palate but recessed upper maxilla and stained teeth which I was told was from dry mouth from mouth breathing and it appeared since 5
Asians are supposed to have very forward upper maxillas right
I'd say the staining is pretty normal relative to everyone else I've seen. My maxilla is also very recessed as you saw in the photos, I will likely need a segmental lefort for some added width in the upper jaw, says my orthodontist.

I'd say the staining is pretty normal relative to everyone else I've seen. My maxilla is also very recessed as you saw in the photos, I will likely need a segmental lefort for some added width in the upper jaw, says my orthodontist.
So wider cheekbones? Asians have wide zygos idk if it would harmonize with ur ipd, idk if ur gonna do lower jaw width to match

This is the staining I'm talking about

So wider cheekbones? Asians have wide zygos idk if it would harmonize with ur ipd, idk if ur gonna do lower jaw width to match

This is the staining I'm talking about
View attachment 3227460
I'm going to get posterior impaction with the lefort 1, so I'm hoping the mandibular autorotation might help with lower jaw width. If not I'll ask for gonial angle implants. You're right about the zygos, I never realized that.

I wonder if there's a procedure to set them back. That would definitely help my situation, maybe the cheekbones are there but the zygos are so forward in my case that it's barely visible.

should defo get surgery, will help you exponentially myofunctionally

should defo get surgery, will help you exponentially myofunctionally
Of course, I'm just wondering what else I can tack on my DJS+genio to make it look as good as possible.

View attachment 3227456
I wouldn't touch implants with ur face till u get a bimax. In your case I wouldn't even get it all done at once. I'd wait till the bimax happens and then get the implants based off the results of the bimax.

U might need infras as well, but I'd wait to fully make that decision till u've had ur bimax.