Acne Curse

prettyboychasing

prettyboychasing

Iron
Joined
May 20, 2026
Posts
22
Reputation
8
I've had acne all my teen years. I always had amazing skincare, hygiene and diet. I never had raging acne that covered my whole face but it is still the worst thing to happen to me. It ruined my life. (This is very rushed)

i've used Accutane 4 times now. First at 14 years old. Completed 8 months treatment. face and scars cleared up. Never had a pimple till 16.

All of a sudden at 16 i started getting new pimples every single morning. ive done perfect skincare, never had fast food, sweets or soda but it just wouldnt stop so i went on another round of accutane. 8 months later i only had a few red scars left on my face with no pimples appearing. Happiest 1.5 months of my life went by since it was in the middle of summer also.

1.5 months after finishing the treatment i thought scar treatment would put an end to my suffering but I started getting small pimples again that slowly turned into 1-3 more pimples appearing every day. 3rd round of accutane, doctor said short and low dose. 3 months of low dose and nothing changed. at this point i gave up on life and got really depressed. stopped the accutane.

2 years after my final round of dissapointment, at 19 i started my 4th round now to supposedly finish off this. I have had nonstop appearing acne on my face and in result never dissappearing red scars on my face for 3.5 years now. i spent my whole teen years with this issue. always had good diet and lifestyle. it's just that i sometimes had 5 new pimples every morning and sometimes 0 for a week and that really made my whole mood dependent on my skin which ruined my mental health.

4 months in , my acne started getting less and less and i was getting truly happy in years until now my doctor said my bloodwork is terrible. he said my liver couldnt handle anymore accutane and that it was damaged. i gave 3 more bloodtests in a span of a month still bad. I probably got permanent liver damage from this shit now. No more accutane prescriptions and my skin got so bad in just 1 months off of it. I am really depressed almost 20 and spent my whole teen years insecure with this shit.

Should i fuck the liver health, DNR the dermatologists and get accutane illegally? What if it comes back like it did 2 times before? I really think there is a deeper problem with my body that accutane just doesnt fix. If you have any idea what this issue could be please reply
 
  • +1
Reactions: SerafimN and jhontoilet
Solution
U
tret/taz OR low dose 10mg with every antioxidant in the book (tudca/nac/gluthation) and no drinking at all. important to mention that accutane should be taken with fat/after a meal for best absorption
I've had acne all my teen years. I always had amazing skincare, hygiene and diet. I never had raging acne that covered my whole face but it is still the worst thing to happen to me. It ruined my life. (This is very rushed)

i've used Accutane 4 times now. First at 14 years old. Completed 8 months treatment. face and scars cleared up. Never had a pimple till 16.

All of a sudden at 16 i started getting new pimples every single morning. ive done perfect skincare, never had fast food, sweets or soda but it just wouldnt stop so i went on another round of accutane. 8 months later i only had a few red scars left on my face with no pimples appearing. Happiest 1.5 months of my life went by since it was in the middle of summer also.

1.5 months after finishing the treatment i thought scar treatment would put an end to my suffering but I started getting small pimples again that slowly turned into 1-3 more pimples appearing every day. 3rd round of accutane, doctor said short and low dose. 3 months of low dose and nothing changed. at this point i gave up on life and got really depressed. stopped the accutane.

2 years after my final round of dissapointment, at 19 i started my 4th round now to supposedly finish off this. I have had nonstop appearing acne on my face and in result never dissappearing red scars on my face for 3.5 years now. i spent my whole teen years with this issue. always had good diet and lifestyle. it's just that i sometimes had 5 new pimples every morning and sometimes 0 for a week and that really made my whole mood dependent on my skin which ruined my mental health.

4 months in , my acne started getting less and less and i was getting truly happy in years until now my doctor said my bloodwork is terrible. he said my liver couldnt handle anymore accutane and that it was damaged. i gave 3 more bloodtests in a span of a month still bad. I probably got permanent liver damage from this shit now. No more accutane prescriptions and my skin got so bad in just 1 months off of it. I am really depressed almost 20 and spent my whole teen years insecure with this shit.

Should i fuck the liver health, DNR the dermatologists and get accutane illegally? What if it comes back like it did 2 times before? I really think there is a deeper problem with my body that accutane just doesnt fix. If you have any idea what this issue could be please reply
Are you depressed or have anything secretly bugging you mentally that you store deep within you?

Do you drink a lot of milk or dairy in general? Bread? Flour? Grains in general?

Do you have any allergies that batter you daily?

Do you get good sleep? Like high quality sleep?
 
  • +1
Reactions: prettyboychasing
tret/taz OR low dose 10mg with every antioxidant in the book (tudca/nac/gluthation) and no drinking at all. important to mention that accutane should be taken with fat/after a meal for best absorption
 
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: prettyboychasing
Solution
Are you depressed or have anything secretly bugging you mentally that you store deep within you?

Do you drink a lot of milk or dairy in general? Bread? Flour? Grains in general?

Do you have any allergies that batter you daily?

Do you get good sleep? Like high quality sleep?
i have similar problems to op, though ive only finished two rounds (no derm involved).

Ive reached about double my cumulative dose. What do i do.
 
try topical retinoids
forgot to mention, through 17 and 19 i used tretinoin and azelaic acid. improves skin texture but doesn't get rid of the constant pimple appearance on my face, neck, chesf and sometimes hair roots
 
  • +1
Reactions: enchanted_elixir
forgot to mention, through 17 and 19 i used tretinoin and azelaic acid. improves skin texture but doesn't get rid of the constant pimple appearance on my face, neck, chesf and sometimes hair roots
I've been though that and accutane > topicals. I asked OP a set of questions that I know could cause persistent acne despite all of this.
 
Are you depressed or have anything secretly bugging you mentally that you store deep within you?

Do you drink a lot of milk or dairy in general? Bread? Flour? Grains in general?

Do you have any allergies that batter you daily?

Do you get good sleep? Like high quality sleep?
asking these basic questions to people who had acne for years makes them really mad usually, we have tried and researched everything. to put it out there I forgot what chocolate, candy, sugary drinks and Chips taste like. as a teen
 
  • +1
Reactions: enchanted_elixir
asking these basic questions to people who had acne for years makes them really mad usually, we have tried and researched everything. to put it out there I forgot what chocolate, candy, sugary drinks and Chips taste like. as a teen
Oh, ok I see. Does your mother and siblings (if you have any) have this issue?
 
asking these basic questions to people who had acne for years makes them really mad usually, we have tried and researched everything. to put it out there I forgot what chocolate, candy, sugary drinks and Chips taste like. as a teen
Asking because it could mean that your mother gave you a bad microbiome.
 
I've had acne all my teen years. I always had amazing skincare, hygiene and diet. I never had raging acne that covered my whole face but it is still the worst thing to happen to me. It ruined my life. (This is very rushed)

i've used Accutane 4 times now. First at 14 years old. Completed 8 months treatment. face and scars cleared up. Never had a pimple till 16.

All of a sudden at 16 i started getting new pimples every single morning. ive done perfect skincare, never had fast food, sweets or soda but it just wouldnt stop so i went on another round of accutane. 8 months later i only had a few red scars left on my face with no pimples appearing. Happiest 1.5 months of my life went by since it was in the middle of summer also.

1.5 months after finishing the treatment i thought scar treatment would put an end to my suffering but I started getting small pimples again that slowly turned into 1-3 more pimples appearing every day. 3rd round of accutane, doctor said short and low dose. 3 months of low dose and nothing changed. at this point i gave up on life and got really depressed. stopped the accutane.

2 years after my final round of dissapointment, at 19 i started my 4th round now to supposedly finish off this. I have had nonstop appearing acne on my face and in result never dissappearing red scars on my face for 3.5 years now. i spent my whole teen years with this issue. always had good diet and lifestyle. it's just that i sometimes had 5 new pimples every morning and sometimes 0 for a week and that really made my whole mood dependent on my skin which ruined my mental health.

4 months in , my acne started getting less and less and i was getting truly happy in years until now my doctor said my bloodwork is terrible. he said my liver couldnt handle anymore accutane and that it was damaged. i gave 3 more bloodtests in a span of a month still bad. I probably got permanent liver damage from this shit now. No more accutane prescriptions and my skin got so bad in just 1 months off of it. I am really depressed almost 20 and spent my whole teen years insecure with this shit.

Should i fuck the liver health, DNR the dermatologists and get accutane illegally? What if it comes back like it did 2 times before? I really think there is a deeper problem with my body that accutane just doesnt fix. If you have any idea what this issue could be please reply
iso tret,
 

Similar threads

rc201
Replies
7
Views
54
rc201
rc201
anemoe
Replies
6
Views
66
ASTRO_YSD
ASTRO_YSD
N
Replies
4
Views
36
nesnakomoy
N
Anavarforthehuz69
Replies
1
Views
35
geekr
geekr
holyGuac
Replies
4
Views
48
holyGuac
holyGuac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top