acne/isotretinoin guide - from a scarcel

E

emdeplam

Iron
I had fought acnes for years. Here's what I have found.
  1. Acnes is not the worst no matter how terrible you think you are, scars is. Trust me, im sure yall feel like shit and you cant face your crush etc... but with proper care it will go away someday like nothing, nobody will even know you used to have acnes.
Scars are FOR LIFE, its like a paper, once you do sth to it, it will never come back to its original state.
  1. If you have cysts, get serious ASAP. Everybody had those fuckers will know.
They are 5-10x bigger than pimples.
They are full of nasty pus.
And they're so fucking big that you will hit/break it inadvertly when you put on a shirt, wipe down sweats, rolling on the pillow... Not only the pain but also the pus and sometime bloods pouring out like a volcano believe me ITS HELL.
They start from deep inside, if you pushing into that skin part you will feel the hurt despite seemingly perfectly from outside. But eventually they will grown up on the surface, BLOSSOMMING like a little apple, exploding on your face like a bomb. No need to say your skins structure will be utterly destroyed.You should get on the ultimate treatment which is:
  1. oral tretinoin (isotretinoin) /accutane is the final solution to acne. It will cure yours no matter how fucked up your skin is. But its not perfect. A simple google will tell you its bunch of side effects, but here im gonna tell you sth doctors wont do, and only a man with years of experience will know: IT WILL COME BACK, WORSE.
If I have known this earlier and stay on low-dose accutane, I will have a glowup skin by now. But back then I'm too stupid and immatured to do research on my own, I trusted the doctors and the manual instructions, they all told you to hit 120-150mg/kg bdw + taking that shit everyday for 6 months or sth like that. And you have some happy months until one morning you feel oily again and it eventually breaks worse and you have no choice but to hop on another 6 months...Before I know it better my face has already filled with cysts and scars. At my worst I even had CHAINED CYSTS lining up my face. I had never feel like such a sub-human before.

So TLDR to you young boys:
  • dont ever feel depressed over acnes, knowing there is an ultimate solution (albeit a costly one), i promise one day you will be clean
  • dont ever use any acne drugs or oral stuff before trying all the topical ones. If the doctors give you sth, research if its isotretinoin
  • to get rid of acnes i strongly recommend using retinoid (ex: differin) and omega 3
  • ISOTRETINOIN/ACCUTANE: only use it as a last resort to save your life
+ your face is completely full of acnes, you cant even look at the mirror, you wet the pillow with your oil...
+ you get cysts, on a daily-weekly-monthly basis. That shit shouldn't happen AT ALL, there has to be sth seriously fucked up inside you bro.
+ you are over 18-20 already, and have tried retinoid and healthy habits for at least 6 months with no result
+ once you're in, you have to use it FOREVER on a low-dose. Stop it and risk a re-break and lose everything until then and some more scar for life.

• +1
Reactions: Data, chevelle, Nebula and 5 others
Other than breaking out worse after stopping taking it, what’s so bad about Accurane?

Considering taking it, my acne is very moderate but no topical products have really fixed it for me.

Other than breaking out worse after stopping taking it, what’s so bad about Accurane?

Considering taking it, my acne is very moderate but no topical products have really fixed it for me.
Same. What concentration of tret are you on? I’ve only ever used up to .05%. Tried going higher but cuck doctors refuse to prescribe it.

Same. What concentration of tret are you on? I
I’m only only 0.2%. Either gonna bump it up or just go straight to accutane bc I just want something that is gonna work.
Tried going higher but cuck doctors refuse to prescribe it.
U can try putting it on while your face is wet, it should have a much stronger effect ive heard.

I’m only only 0.2%. Either gonna bump it up or just go straight to accutane bc I just want something that is gonna work.

U can try putting it on while your face is wet, it should have a much stronger effect ive heard.
.02 is super mild. I would definitely try going up to .05 at least. Accutane can have nasty side effects so if you can fix your acne with out it that’s ideal.

.02 is super mild. I would definitely try going up to .05 at least. Accutane can have nasty side effects so if you can fix your acne with out it that’s ideal.
Does trey really even fix acne tho? I know if can help but I thought it was more for scarring and anti-aging

Does trey really even fix acne tho? I know if can help but I thought it was more for scarring and anti-aging
Yeah it definitely works. If I stop using tret my acne gets a lot worse. I think the reason it's not helping you is you're using a useless version of it.

Yeah it definitely works. If I stop using tret my acne gets a lot worse. I think the reason it's not helping you is you're using a useless version of it.
ok i’m gonna go back to the dermatologist and ask to up it. What % should I ask for? Could I go straight to 0.05% or higher?

I'm 20 and suffering through this. My friend pointed out some scarring but it wasn't scars just active acne and shit skin texture after 2 yrs of acne, will use accutane and then check. I will be starting within a few days. Hopefully doesn't leave scras

tret was made to be used for severe acne but happens to have scarring, anti-aging and every other bienifit under the sun as it improves collagen and cell regeneration

• +1
Reactions: itzxcolin
ok i’m gonna go back to the dermatologist and ask to up it. What % should I ask for? Could I go straight to 0.05% or higher?
Go to the .05%, then .08 after a month if necessary. Your skin needs to adapt.

• +1
Reactions: itzxcolin
Been on oral isotret 20mg/day for a month now, and already seeing profound improvements. albeit my acne wasn't that bad. Easily coverable by beard, however I have decent facial structure so I want to shave without opening acne spots and seeing all that red shit. Only side I have now is dry lips, but it's winter now and I always get dry lips during winter so idk if its due to isotret alone or cold as well. Like you said the (nodular) cystic acne is the worst and this will leave permanent scarring forever.

Been on oral isotret 20mg/day for a month now, and already seeing profound improvements. albeit my acne wasn't that bad. Easily coverable by beard, however I have decent facial structure so I want to shave without opening acne spots and seeing all that red shit. Only side I have now is dry lips, but it's winter now and I always get dry lips during winter so idk if its due to isotret alone or cold as well. Like you said the (nodular) cystic acne is the worst and this will leave permanent scarring forever.
View attachment 2514829
100% side effect. It scales with the doses so its manageable imo. When I was around your dose my lips will literally crack, now im on 30mg/week and i still have to apply lip balm a few times a day.

100% side effect. It scales with the doses so its manageable imo. When I was around your dose my lips will literally crack, now im on 30mg/week and i still have to apply lip balm a few times a day.
i had dry eyes in the first week which was an obv side effect. however, for example, today i do not have chapped lips. also Bepanthen is an ointment hollywood stars use (like Margot Robbie) that's much better than vaseline/lip balm, because the active ingredient dexpanthenol (b5 provitamin) actually promotes cell generation

Go on accutan en then go on tret 0.1 if u can with consistent skincare routine

ISOTRETINOIN/ACCUTANE: only use it as a last resort to save your life

For cystic acne? I disagree. As a kid I have horrible cystic acne and went through months to a year+ with treatments that did nothing. All that time I could have been actually clearing my skin, leading to less scars. Wish I did accutane when I first started getting cysts.

horrible cystic acne
yeah in that case you should, check the bottom section of my post again

All that time I could have been actually clearing my skin, leading to less scars. Wish I did accutane when I first started getting cysts.
its easy to choose the right decision in hindsight. But at that time most of us were likely to be too immatured to do research (i didnt even know english), we just do what people told us to do.
For me it was the complete disuse of iso after 6 months. Fuck derms

Minor acne cel here

Acne is by far the worst looksmin

What antibiotic to try before accutane for
mild bacne?