Acne

LilJojo

LilJojo

Solstice
How can I fix acne caused by puberty? It isn’t that severe but it’s noticeable enough to affect my looks. I’m looking for like a substance that clears up acne in like a month or two.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963
Tretinoin or benzoyl peroxide

How can I fix acne caused by puberty? It isn’t that severe but it’s noticeable enough to affect my looks. I’m looking for like a substance that clears up acne in like a month or two.
tretinoin + azelaic acid
better than benzoyl and antibiotics in the long run imo. use enough moisturizer and sunscreen. cleanser is optional.

good luck

tretinoin + azelaic acid
better than benzoyl and antibiotics in the long run imo. use enough moisturizer and sunscreen. cleanser is optional.

good luck
Yeah in the long term tret is better, but if you have little to mild acne benzoyl is better, but when it's clear, pass to tret to have the anti age benefits

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963
Yeah in the long term tret is better, but if you have little to mild acne benzoyl is better, but when it's clear, pass to tret to have the anti age benefits
that´s why I´m recommending to use azelaic acid in addition to tretinoin.
Azelaic acid has similar benefits to benzoyl peroxide but is generally better tolerated. In addition to that it doesn´t bleach clothes and apparently Azelaic acid augments Tretinoin. At least that´s what I´ve heard.
I´d go for prescription strength aza to avoid frustration. Gel is probably cosmetically more elegant.

Edit: oh also take care of your diet. maybe incorperate liver occasionally and eat raw carrots

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Foxhole
what everyone else said, or retin-A and extreme skincare routine. some acne will just happen regardless because of puberty

clean up your diet

i stg i should just poast a thread on this every day until you niggas listen but DO AN ELIMINATION DIET

like an elimination diet

eliminate everything down to meat and water and reintroduce one food at a time
That’s very expensive to eat only meat bro 😂

• Ugh..
Reactions: Cali Yuga
That’s very expensive to eat only meat bro 😂
no its not

cheap high fat ground beef is like 3$ a pound, you can buy pork roasts for half that

eat two pounds of that a day and nothing else and youre way under the average food expenditure in the US

if you get good deals on bulk you can get higher quality roasts for insanely cheap, perfectly easy to do so long as you have access to a freezer

i guarantee if you tabulate how much money you spend each day on average on food its higher than 6$