Tretinoin Purge Phase is brutal

if I don't shave for a day it's back, it won't ever go away fully, it's just all the excess tissue your skin is producing, shaving scrapes it off.

if you don't want to shave find a gentle exfoliator and use that regularly or just scrub harder.
Is it fine if it stings when I scrub harder?

I agree, when I first started it from skinorac it took me almost two months for the purging and then started to show results

• +1
Reactions: coisbhai
no, be careful.

the sensitivity will go away, the flaking won't.
That’s my problem, the stinging is the worst part, the flaking isn’t too bad, I don’t really mind it

Yeah I’ve heard some people don’t get it, did you see the benefits of tret? And when did you see them?
Yeah, few months cleared most of my acne

• +1
if you just ate raw meat you wouldnt have to deal with it
mirin bones tho tbh ngl

• Love it
if you just ate raw meat you wouldnt have to deal with it
mirin bones tho tbh ngl
Thanks bro

And I tried raw meat once, you have more grit than me because I nearly threw up :fuk:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: boss8055 and IAMNOTANINCEL
I do everyday dosage and jumped to 0.1% straight, the easy access retinols never did anything
what about skin lightening G seeing any results?

• +1
Thanks bro

And I tried raw meat once, you have more grit than me because I nearly threw up :fuk:
you tried bad raw meat. it needs to be unvaxxed, unfed, unstressed, free range
its delicious when its the right type

• +1
what about skin lightening G seeing any results?
None, oral supplementation isn’t that good, if you’re keen on skin lightening then self administer glutathione IV drip

@coisbhai any update on ur skin lightening shit it’s been 2 months I think

I never get tret purge

• +1
vitamin c oil helped me

• +1
None, oral supplementation isn’t that good, if you’re keen on skin lightening then self administer glutathione IV drip
fuark, should I move to everyday application if I have 0 sides on every 3 night?

fuark, should I move to everyday application if I have 0 sides on every 3 night?
Wdym? For tret?

Just do what your skin can handle, if you’re very irritated then I’d recommend going down to a couple times a week

Wdym? For tret?

Just do what your skin can handle, if you’re very irritated then I’d recommend going down to a couple times a week
yep, I apply every 3 nights and have 0 irritation. I consider moving to more frequent applications

• +1
I use tazarotene and my purging phase lasted about two weeks. I had the exact same as you, just be grateful you aren't getting pimples. The peeling and dryness is very normal, I use "Vanicream daily moisturiser" and it works better than anything I've used. If you apply the moisturiser first and then the tret it should be less harsh on the skin

• +1
I use tazarotene and my purging phase lasted about two weeks. I had the exact same as you, just be grateful you aren't getting pimples. The peeling and dryness is very normal, I use "Vanicream daily moisturiser" and it works better than anything I've used. If you apply the moisturiser first and then the tret it should be less harsh on the skin
Thanks bro, I’ll make sure to do that every night

It stings so bad when applying my SPF

• +1
Reactions: N1666
Been there, done that. Tret is incredible and it’ll get better. Trust the process bro

• Love it
Been there, done that. Tret is incredible and it’ll get better. Trust the process bro
Thanks for the motivation, im only on day 3 anyways, gonna keep going and hopefully I’ll see some benefits by the time uni starts again

• +1
Reactions: deepfuckingvalue
I never suffered from acne or anything growing up, the occasional pimple here and there

I knew my purge when starting tret wouldn’t be as bad compared to the people that are actually prescribed it, but I am suffering from something very bad

Dry skin, it’s peeling off, and every time I express my fave it stings, really badly

Here’s a pic of my skin when I wake up

I’m only on day 3 too, let’s hope it gets better in a months time
Just shave daily to exfoliate the skin, i didnt have this cuz i was already using differin gel before tret

• +1
Reactions: maxxmclooks and coisbhai
Just shave daily to exfoliate the skin, i didnt have this cuz i was already using differin gel before tret
Hate shaving everyday but seems to work for the majority, gonna get a gentle exfoliate wash too

• +1
Reactions: Clavicular
i got the same issue, just gotta moisturize well in the morning

looks great sometimes and looks like dogass sometimes

bb cream saved my life and that’s not exaggeration

not having to worry about breakouts as much bc i can just cover them reduced my cortisol levels a shit ton

i used to stress ridiculously hard about my acne
Mind linking the exact bb cream you used pls

Hate shaving everyday but seems to work for the majority, gonna get a gentle exfoliate wash too
IMG 5762 IMG 5760

My skin was fucked for a whole week when i started, these pics are only 2 werks apart jfl

• +1
Reactions: N1666
Mirin jaw. If you mean purge as you in just started, the flaking will go away and your skin will adapt. If you mean purge as in you stopped taking it all of a sudden, then I never noticed any thing of the sort when ceasing use

wait what? elab on how this would work

and electric razor? or actual razor

@coisbhai u also if ur active and he’s not. why would this help ur skin?
Actual razor exfoliates the flaking skin

• +1
I never suffered from acne or anything growing up, the occasional pimple here and there

I knew my purge when starting tret wouldn’t be as bad compared to the people that are actually prescribed it, but I am suffering from something very bad

Dry skin, it’s peeling off, and every time I express my fave it stings, really badly

ma nigga you got the good kind of skin, my skin makes me wanna kms when i wake up and look at it

• So Sad
Actual razor exfoliates the flaking skin
I just shaved and my lower third has pretty much no flaking, just around my browridge and nose, I’ll exfoliate tomorrow morning as well but shaving will subsidise the dry ashy skin for as long as the purge is, legit advice from you and @Orc

• +1
Reactions: Clavicular
ma nigga you got the good kind of skin, my skin makes me wanna kms when i wake up and look at it
Sorry to hear that bro, my skin is pretty good, very oily, now that I’m on tret it’s the complete opposite, I just hope to get that nice youthful look from tret

Sorry to hear that bro, my skin is pretty good, very oily, now that I’m on tret it’s the complete opposite, I just hope to get that nice youthful look from tret
i am 21 and look old as fuck, my skin looks like its been through 3 world wars

• So Sad
wanted to hop on it but they refused to prescribe it to me
You can buy it in “alldaychemist” for like 3 dollars

Omfg use moisturiser!!1!

• Love it

ive just started too

thats not too bad, mine was way worse.
my skin looked like it was decaying 😹😹

do u use tret cream or tret gel?

You wanna have that chad skin in your 30s? you got to handle this temporary bullshit.