Afraid of getting rhino now

lowiqcel

lowiqcel

Iron
Not because of the results but from a side effect called empty nose syndrome that doctors don’t know about. It is cause by turbinate reduction which is responsible to detect the airflow can become permanently damaged, which can make people feel they are not getting in air and feel like their suffocating. Honestly this sounds like hell and I’m almost accepting keeping my jew nose.

• +1
  • So Sad
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 29167, Deleted member 19766, never_lucky and 3 others
fuarkkk i need rhino, my nose is crooked

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
fuarkkk i need rhino, my nose is crooked
I think there’s hope this might only be caused in septo where people only get surgery because they had breathing problems to begin with

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 19766 and Justttt
Thank god I already had rhino before seeing this thread

Fortunately I have no complications

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167, Deleted member 19766, cutecel and 4 others
Just don't get your rhino done in a mud hut in sub-saharan africa

also lol buzzfeed

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Venommm_, Deleted member 29167, Deleted member 24444 and 4 others
Not because of the results but from a side effect called empty nose syndrome that doctors don’t know about. It is cause by turbinate reduction which is responsible to detect the airflow can become permanently damaged, which can make people feel they are not getting in air and feel like their suffocating. Honestly this sounds like hell and I’m almost accepting keeping my jew nose.

What's wrong with mouth breathing homie???

• JFL
My name is Mike Smallwood. I have Empty Nose Syndrome. Health.com wrote an online article about my case. Empty Nose Syndrome was given a name in 1994. There is no excuse for doctors not knowing about a condition this horrible after all this time. It generally does not happen from a rhinoplasty, but I do know two people who did get it that way. Any surgery on the nose can cause it. It usually happens from turbinate surgery or if the mucosa reacts badly to the surgery. But it can also happen if the nasal passages are made even a little too wide because if the passages are too wide, it disrupts the air pressure to the point that you don't feel like you're breathing. Most people have no idea how important turbinates are and the doctors know this. I have often heard the comment about "why don't you breathe through your mouth?". Even when you mouth-breathe, the air still travels up and hits the air receptors in your sinuses. When you have ENS, those air receptors are not working, so the suffocation feeling continues even when mouth-breathing. I have seen ENS described as "unpleasant". That's like calling cancer an inconvenience. I feel like I am suffocating. Imagine going through that for even an hour. That's our life all day. Imagine what sleeping is like for us. And you can still get it from a small reduction. I had a ten percent reduction and I ended up with ENS. If you are thinking about nose surgery, think twice. People think this won't happen to them. I never thought it could happen, either.

What's wrong with mouth breathing homie???
Even when you breathe through your mouth, the air still hits the receptors in your sinuses. So even when you have ENS, that suffocation feeling is still there despite breathing through your mouth.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Sny, Deleted member 29167, Deleted member 19766 and 6 others
ohh fuck. is that like. breathing. but not feeling breathing?

• +1
My name is Mike Smallwood. I have Empty Nose Syndrome. Health.com wrote an online article about my case. Empty Nose Syndrome was given a name in 1994. There is no excuse for doctors not knowing about a condition this horrible after all this time. It generally does not happen from a rhinoplasty, but I do know two people who did get it that way. Any surgery on the nose can cause it. It usually happens from turbinate surgery or if the mucosa reacts badly to the surgery. But it can also happen if the nasal passages are made even a little too wide because if the passages are too wide, it disrupts the air pressure to the point that you don't feel like you're breathing. Most people have no idea how important turbinates are and the doctors know this. I have often heard the comment about "why don't you breathe through your mouth?". Even when you mouth-breathe, the air still travels up and hits the air receptors in your sinuses. When you have ENS, those air receptors are not working, so the suffocation feeling continues even when mouth-breathing. I have seen ENS described as "unpleasant". That's like calling cancer an inconvenience. I feel like I am suffocating. Imagine going through that for even an hour. That's our life all day. Imagine what sleeping is like for us. And you can still get it from a small reduction. I had a ten percent reduction and I ended up with ENS. If you are thinking about nose surgery, think twice. People think this won't happen to them. I never thought it could happen, either.

Even when you breathe through your mouth, the air still hits the receptors in your sinuses. So even when you have ENS, that suffocation feeling is still there despite breathing through your mouth.

I'm so sorry this happened to you.

• +1
Did you read my article? Have you thought about getting the alloderm implant to mimic the function of lost turnbunates

• Hmm...
Ive had two and during the first one I simultaneously had lower lid retraction. Whenever I touch the tip of my nose I feel nerves in my right eyelids, not painful, just kinda weird

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: idcgraycel and Deleted member 19766
Did you read my article? Have you thought about getting the alloderm implant to mimic the function of lost turnbunates
I did read that article a while back. It is a slap in the face to everyone who suffers from this condition. I would love to thank the author for the huge disservice he has done for people with this condition. It kept focusing on the mental health aspect of Brett Helling. I have heard the comment before that some people think this is somehow related to mental health. That is a statement of amazing stupidity. People get nerve damage from surgery all the time. People have surgery on their hand and then later report having trouble feeling hot or cold surfaces. Why would the nerves in the nose be any different? How do people think they feel air in their nose---from magic elves? They feel air by their nerves---and nerves can get messed up by surgery. Basic 5th grade science. Implants would not help me because I only lost 10 percent of the turbinates. I know that Dr. Houser, the doctor interviewed in the article, does implant surgery. I have zero respect for him. If you read the article, he makes a few statements that are just unforgivable. He says that warning people about the risk of ens "goes too far". This is a man who has seen many people suffering from this nightmare---has even had patients who committed suicide from it---and he thinks they should not be warned? He also said in the article that he will not operate on certain people if they seem not mentally stable. To be fair, there are probably people who are unstable and might be more prone to imagining they have this condition. But, his statement just gives credence to the idea that this is a mental condition. It's not a coincidence that they would try to discredit a condition that is caused by a surgery they are doing.
I'm so sorry this happened to you.
Thank you. That means a lot. I would not wish this on anyone---except the doctors who perform this surgery.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Sny, Deleted member 19766, MSEinvestigator and 2 others
I'm bumping this because I think this forum needs to be more aware of this shit. This is really eye-opening and makes me reconsider a lot.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167
just tell your surgeon you don't want turbinate reduction

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167 and Deleted member 19766
just tell your surgeon you don't want turbinate reduction
Yeah def gonna do this but can't surgeons sometimes do shit without telling or listening to you? Like I mean it's all up to their discretion at the end of the day.

Yeah def gonna do this but can't surgeons sometimes do shit without telling or listening to you? Like I mean it's all up to their discretion at the end of the day.
If you say that you are only agreeing to the surgery on the condition that they not perform turbinate reduction then I imagine performing turbinate reduction would constitute some sort of malpractice, but I'm not certain.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167 and Deleted member 19766
I've personally gotten rhino. If you're truly on a journey to ascend. I would say it's definitely worth it in my personal opinion. If you change your mind, seek out a reputable surgeon that specializes primarily on rhyno.

• +1
If you say that you are only agreeing to the surgery on the condition that they not perform turbinate reduction then I imagine performing turbinate reduction would constitute some sort of malpractice, but I'm not certain.
Jews are gonna give niggas ENS bro