afraid to say the wrong things

arthurfish

arthurfish

what kind of life is that? not to be loved?
Joined
Jan 1, 2026
Posts
957
Reputation
983
How are you supposed to respond to someone venting to you about their problems? I feel like such a fucking autist offering the most basic of "advice" and condolences that are worth fuck all. I hate feeling like I'm incapable of helping someone I want to help and care about. I just have to sit around like a sad miserable cuck as they talk to me about things that I can't fix.

It's so overfuel to blank out when someone just needs another person to talk to. Sometimes I think that I'm getting better at conversing but I really am not. I can't say anything worth a damn when the moment calls. Genuinely the best I can offer is "I'm sorry you feel that way" :lul: At that point is it even worth responding?

I'll rattle my brain for minutes thinking of what the optimal thing to say is only to come up with nothing. And when I do talk I either sound dismissive or just too generic. I have come to accept the fact that I am immutably autistic and I can only somewhat handle conversation when its on surface level things.
 
  • +1
Reactions: Minnie lacking
i feel like just listening is enough for most people or being heard at least rather than you needing to give them advice
 
  • +1
Reactions: arthurfish
i feel like just listening is enough for most people or being heard at least rather than you needing to give them advice
no one likes talking to a brick wall unfortunately. Talking to an AI is more conducive than talking to me about problems :lul:
 
  • +1
Reactions: Minnie lacking
I just say "damn man thats rough hope everything gets better"
 
  • +1
Reactions: americanpakitruvcel and arthurfish
Depends on if they are venting or come specifically to you for advice
 
  • +1
Reactions: arthurfish
no one likes talking to a brick wall unfortunately. Talking to an AI is more conducive than talking to me about problems :lul:
nah ai doesn't care and if you genuinely care people will tell that, talking to your friend who cares even if they cant offer you advice but they do genuinely care is more sufficient for your emotions than that of a brick or ai
 
  • +1
Reactions: arthurfish
nah ai doesn't care and if you genuinely care people will tell that, talking to your friend who cares even if they cant offer you advice but they do genuinely care is more sufficient for your emotions than that of a brick or ai
hopefully this is true
 
  • +1
Reactions: Minnie lacking
hopefully this is true
unless the person your talking to is mentally fucked and cant tell that you care that's the only time it wont matter or they dont care enough for your care
 
  • +1
Reactions: arthurfish
Depends on if they are venting or come specifically to you for advice
I suppose but even then I'm sure they expect a reply. I feel like everything I think of is just entirely inadequate. I don't want to dismiss people's feelings by giving more logical replies/reasons as to why its probably not as bad as they think it is. the issue, however, is that that's all I can ever come up with. I don't want to risk sounding dismissive
 
  • +1
Reactions: americanpakitruvcel

Similar threads

Petsmart
Replies
18
Views
88
Crallzy333
Crallzy333
Scandi.
Replies
4
Views
40
Scandi.
Scandi.
jjjjjjjjhhhhhhkkkkk
Replies
2
Views
29
jjjjjjjjhhhhhhkkkkk
jjjjjjjjhhhhhhkkkkk
Z
Replies
6
Views
57
Meteor21
Meteor21

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top