AI can't ever be sentient

disillusioned

disillusioned

Kraken
A common edgy trope I see now a days is people complaining that we will have to treat machines differently after they become "complex enough" to be considered sentient. This is mostly just ignorant bullshit that fails to understand what the word "alive" even means. There is no correlation between complexity of design and something being alive. A single bacteria is a living being despite it's simplicity. So is grass. Alive = made out of living matter.

A machine no matter it's complexity of design or how advanced it's programming, can ever be considered alive because it's made out of dead matter. Feelings are just chemicals in your brain, and they cannot be simulated with code. Emulating appearance is not the same as emulating function, and "robot-rights people" can't seem to wrap their heads around this.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: BigBiceps, thickdickdaddy27, Deleted member 685 and 1 other person
Sentience =/= life, they are not synonyms.

It's all semantics. AI is what it is. You can be an armchair philosopher but it hasn't accomplished anything and never will.

It's all semantics.

No, it isn't. Complexity of design is not the same as actually being self-aware. A machine with extremely advanced programming cannot physically feel anything without an organic component. Nothing that is made out of dead matter can feel self-aware, or anything else for that matter.

they need to focus on making women who, like men because of their personality

And so what if they even became sentient? I don't give a fuck, I'm still gonna buy my robot kitchen slave.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401