AI is such overhyped bullshit

disillusioned

disillusioned

Kraken
It honestly blows my mind the amount of hyperbole that exists around AI as of recently. It's literally nothing more than a giant bubble that's ready to burst. It will be like the .com bubble from the early 2000s but 10x worse. Literally none of the AI technologies getting hyped up (Chatgpt, AI image/video, etc) live up to the hype at all.

Chatgpt/LLMs: Glorified prose editor that spits out unreliable bullshit, not to mention it's been getting progressively worse for the past 6 months, which is hilarious considering everybody is talking about how fast the technology is developing. It's the same with other LLMs. It's also censored and PC as shit so it's not even possible to make anything interesting with it. Just lol at thinking Chatgpt will replace actual people. It's a moderately useful tool at best.

AI image generation: Only produces generic images and memes which is completely useless for any serious workflow that requires precise and consistent results. Basically a glorified meme generator.

AI video: Yes I'm aware that OpenAI recently announced SORA so don't you AI bro faggots use that as your evidence that I don't know what I'm talking about. First of all, there is a 99% chance that they are showing your cherry-picked stuff. Secondly, these video generators will suffer the same problem as AI images in that you won't have precise control over anything (can only produce generic content) and it will also be extremely censored. So useless for 90% of actual professionals.

Self-driving cars/robot: We've been told that these are around the corner for like 20 years now and it never happens because they keep killing people just lol.

And no, "it will get better:soy:" is not a valid argument because you can use that to defend literally anything.

I'm going to laugh at all the idiots who invested serious cash into this just fucking lol. :feelskek:

Soccer Falling GIF

• +1
Reactions: fukmylyf
Time will show who is right

• +1
Reactions: Ricky212, fukmylyf and Danish_Retard
The theory has existed for ~60 years, it's just now the computer hardware is up to the task, it's retarded to think hardware will stall, it never has, never will in our lifetime.

Reminder that this gay retard thought 90% of people that got the COVID vax were gonna die in 3 years

Nigga lives in his moms basement on a frozen rock yet spouts pseudointellectual ramblings like it’s the gospel 🤣🤣🤣

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: tombradylover, thatrandomteen, Ricky212 and 2 others
you're not seeing the industrial strength version that the government intelligence agencies use

Aren't you the schizo who claimed AI will replace all the jobs

• JFL
Reactions: fukmylyf and radicalrationalist
everyone that has said this to me doesn't use it to its fullest extent and it shows

we already have the most advanced AI on this website (@Ritalincel)

It honestly blows my mind the amount of hyperbole that exists around AI as of recently. It's literally nothing more than a giant bubble that's ready to burst. It will be like the .com bubble from the early 2000s but 10x worse. Literally none of the AI technologies getting hyped up (Chatgpt, AI image/video, etc) live up to the hype at all.

Chatgpt/LLMs: Glorified prose editor that spits out unreliable bullshit, not to mention it's been getting progressively worse for the past 6 months, which is hilarious considering everybody is talking about how fast the technology is developing. It's the same with other LLMs. It's also censored and PC as shit so it's not even possible to make anything interesting with it. Just lol at thinking Chatgpt will replace actual people. It's a moderately useful tool at best.

AI image generation: Only produces generic images and memes which is completely useless for any serious workflow that requires precise and consistent results. Basically a glorified meme generator.

AI video: Yes I'm aware that OpenAI recently announced SORA so don't you AI bro faggots use that as your evidence that I don't know what I'm talking about. First of all, there is a 99% chance that they are showing your cherry-picked stuff. Secondly, these video generators will suffer the same problem as AI images in that you won't have precise control over anything (can only produce generic content) and it will also be extremely censored. So useless for 90% of actual professionals.

Self-driving cars/robot: We've been told that these are around the corner for like 20 years now and it never happens because they keep killing people just lol.

And no, "it will get better:soy:" is not a valid argument because you can use that to defend literally anything.

I'm going to laugh at all the idiots who invested serious cash into this just fucking lol. :feelskek:

Soccer Falling GIF
Bullshit.

Ai imagery for example can really produce solid backgrounds if you give solid input.

If your input are basement selfies then ofc everything will fail.

Ai video in deep fakes are goood to great too.

Stop coping buddy

the absolute state of ai

GGqbfDUXwAAH6r2

over for nuancecels