Airway space and MMA atheletes Theory.

anarlord

anarlord

Iron
I have come to the conclusion that all MMA fighters and endurance athletes have really good airway development and That is one of the reason they were able to ascend to the top. Talent and hard work helped, but their jaw aligment was an important factor in their athletic development. When nose breathing, If Proper jaw position and nose width are well developed there is an increase intake of oxygen mixed with nitric oxide, which is only present in the sinuses. Nitric oxide has been shown to increase arterial oxygen tension and reduce pulmonary vascular resistance.

I have noticed that when a fighter breathes through their mouth, he is usually the one who is struggling with endurance and more often than not, loses the fight.
Https   cdncnncom cnnnext dam assets 210319093216 01 khabib nurmagomedov file 2019 restricted

Here you can see khabib breathing through his nose and you can see how well developed his bones are.
4 Figure2 1

Here we can see an increase of airway space from jaw surgery. Her mandable was obstructing her breathing. once fixed, she not only looks better, but has more airway space.

Now this was only the throat airway space. The nasal volume should also be increased. This can only be achieved by the MSE
Images 7

Here we can see the increase width of the nasal passages further improving and encouraging nasal breathing that is full of the important gas "Nitric oxide".

I think airwaymaxxing is overlooked in this community and should be more researched. This could change how we see athletic "talent" and maybe jaw surgery can be performed to help aspiring atheletes reach their maximum genetic potential.
This potentially has a profound effect on the brain, this could explain how some students do poorly in school, since we already have studies that show how sleep apnea can hurt school performance.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: horizontallytall, FailedNormieManlet, Fgsfds and 5 others

• JFL
Reactions: ArdaxHG, Fgsfds and germanlooks
Yep, airway space is so important and literally has a knock on effect to every part of your life. Recessed jaw not only means you look shit, but you breathe worse, meaning worse at sports, more brain fog, etc. Explains why incels are often unathletic and stupid

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, FailedNormieManlet, highT and 2 others
Whats an average or good width of airway in mm?

The average is 23cm^3 pharyngeal airway. I can't seem to find a true optimal airway measurement. I think the average measurement is not enough and its not optimal.
It also depends on factors like sex and skull development.

• +1
Reactions: DEFAULT