anti ageing drugs/supplements ideas

Youㅤ

Youㅤ

seriousmaxxing , only talk serious
collagen: technically id say more of a dietary thing but its the safest, and i would say pretty effective especially if you use it to replace other proteins. commonly its said to be good for skin, which may be true, but its true anti ageing power is that it lacks tryptophan and is a great source of glycine and proline (as well as is low in essential amino acids besides tryptophan)

aspirin: seems to have a lot of benefits outside of COX inhibition (which may actually lead to chronic inflammation, although the acetyl part of acetylsalicylate, or aspirin, actually helps to resolve inflammation) aspirin activates AMPK and inhibits mTOR and therefore is a CR mimetic. i am researching aspirin currently

rapamycin: one of the more promiseing anti ageing drugs, although appears to have side effects. cant speak on it much as i havent looked into it but it inhibits mTOR.

metformin: another one that is talked about a lot. its a diabetes drug that reduces endogenous glucose production to lower blood sugar. cant speak much of this either as i havent looked into it, but assumeing your healthy i would assume it unwise to mess with glucose production. also not sure how this would slow ageing if you have normal blood sugar levels

resveratrol: resveratrol putatively increases stress tolerance by activateing sirt1, and supposedly that is anti ageing. not an expert but i dont think resveratrol seems great for anti ageing. but to contribute with a novel except on it:
“Resveratrol neither causes weight loss nor acts as a CR mimetic when administered intraperitoneally, i.e. when the gut is bypassed (Pallauf et al., 2019), supporting evidence that obesity reduction by resveratrol might be partially mediated by gut microbiota”

add more to the list and lets discuss

• +1
Reactions: bussi, vampyre, funkyflamingo and 1 other person
Is it in order from most important to least important?

• +1
Reactions: Youㅤ
Is it in order from most important to least important?
i dont know much about the last 3 they are just popular but not necessarily, the first two are safer IMO, particularly collagen

• +1
Reactions: Tai Lung