Anticipation Anxiety-cels GTFIH (Social Anxiety)

NorwoodAscender

NorwoodAscender

just a dude on addy enjoying life
So, I just had a complete breakthrough when it comes to my anxiety.

Obviously, everybody has different forms of anxiety, etc. But this simple ass method has literally fucking changed my life in two days so ill share it and maybe it could help you as well.

So my anxiety completely stems from freezing during a presentation when I was fucking nine years old. I remember having to walk back to my seat in embarrassment with red cheeks and everyone laughing at me. After this, when it comes to "public speaking" i was never the same.
Season 2 Ugh GIF by The Office

Ever since that day, public speaking has been my greatest fear, because in the back of my mind, all i can think of is blanking again in front of all my classmates, peers, etc. Creating a constant loop of anxiety elevating my heartbeat, making my cheeks red, making me sweaty, and sending me into fight or flight mode. Which has caused me to freeze up numerous times when presenting, being called on, etc. Recently I have been avoiding this by completely memorizing in my head what i am going to say and practicing it over and over. Trust me if i didnt do this, i would 100% blank.

So what i have been doing the past two days with a school presentation and my summer job interview is simply "wanting to blank and freeze". I went up and presented my project, and did not enter fight or flight mode all because I went up there with the intention of completely fucking it up and freezing and not knowing what to say. Best presentation ive ever did.

Then the day after I went to my interview, again, wanting to completely bomb it, i had the best interview I ever had with next to no anxiety.

So whatever is giving you anxiety, wish for the worst to happen as hard as you can. For whatever strange ass reason, it will completely get rid of the anxiety from that thing. At least from my experience.

I feel as this could work with cold approaching as well. I have not had the chance to try it yet tho. I am going to go up to a chick hoping that she will call me a subhuman and call out my negative hooding, narrow mouth, bloat. based off the two previous mentioned experiences i just had i believe i would actually be able to approach a chick without much anxiety, rather than entering fight or flight mode and ultimately pussying out.

Just thought I would share this with you boyos because doing this simple trick solved a lifelong issue for me. and im sure most of you arent suffering from as extreme of a case as mine. best of luck bros!

-Norwood

@NotCarv @TechnoBoss @dragomaxxer @mirrormogger @yeeyeeslayer @randomop @i_love_roosters @ConfusedBolivian @tombradylover

• +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: EggKing, horizon, normie_joe and 14 others

Obviously, everybody has different forms of anxiety, etc. But this simple ass method has literally fucking changed my life in two days so ill share it and maybe it could help you as well.

So my anxiety completely stems from freezing during a presentation when I was fucking nine years old. I remember having to walk back to my seat in embarrassment with red cheeks and everyone laughing at me. After this, when it comes to "public speaking" i was never the same.

Ever since that day, public speaking has been my greatest fear, because in the back of my mind, all i can think of is blanking again in front of all my classmates, peers, etc. Creating a constant loop of anxiety elevating my heartbeat, making my cheeks red, making me sweaty, and sending me into fight or flight mode. Which has caused me to freeze up numerous times when presenting, being called on, etc. Recently I have been avoiding this by completely memorizing in my head what i am going to say and practicing it over and over. Trust me if i didnt do this, i would 100% blank.

So what i have been doing the past two days with a school presentation and my summer job interview is simply "wanting to blank and freeze". I went up and presented my project, and did not enter fight or flight mode all because I went up there with the intention of completely fucking it up and freezing and not knowing what to say. Best presentation ive ever did.

Then the day after I went to my interview, again, wanting to completely bomb it, i had the best interview I ever had with next to no anxiety.

So whatever is giving you anxiety, wish for the worst to happen as hard as you can. For whatever strange ass reason, it will completely get rid of the anxiety from that thing. At least from my experience.

I feel as this could work with cold approaching as well. I have not had the chance to try it yet tho. I am going to go up to a chick hoping that she will call me a subhuman and call out my negative hooding, narrow mouth, bloat. based off the two previous mentioned experiences i just had i believe i would actually be able to approach a chick without much anxiety, rather than entering fight or flight mode and ultimately pussying out.

Just thought I would share this with you boyos because doing this simple trick solved a lifelong issue for me. and im sure most of you arent suffering from as extreme of a case as mine. best of luck bros!

-Norwood

@NotCarv @TechnoBoss @dragomaxxer @mirrormogger @yeeyeeslayer @randomop @i_love_roosters @ConfusedBolivian @tombradylover
Nice

• Love it
Reactions: NorwoodAscender

• +1
Reactions: tombradylover, wackedchives, ChadL1te and 1 other person

-Norwood

Real method i do this

Ignored pill

• +1
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: wackedchives, ChadL1te, NoseProphecy and 2 others
yeah i got a piece of advice from a guy who was good at presentations when i was younger, he said visualize yourself going up there and presenting and getting good reactions but don’t actually think about what you’re gonna say, apparently the brain just does it automatically if you do that. Works with talking and being nt as well

• +1
Reactions: NoseProphecy and NorwoodAscender
I'm glad you're over your anxiety. I'm glad your interview went awesome bro. Whenever I want to get rid of my social anxiety I take phenibut but it's not something you should rely on. Good job bro I'm really proud of you.

• +1
Reactions: NotCarv, NoseProphecy and NorwoodAscender
Yes bhai I also perform way better when the expectations are low

• +1
Reactions: not__cel and NorwoodAscender
I'm glad you're over your anxiety. I'm glad your interview went awesome bro. Whenever I want to get rid of my social anxiety I take phenibut but it's not something you should rely on. Good job bro I'm really proud of you.
thank u bro means alot. propranolol did more for me then phenibut for some reason

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: wackedchives, ChadL1te and TechnoBoss

-Norwood

Another trick that worked for me was to practice in my head and visualize doing it over and over.

Tricks your brain into thinking you did this tons of times and you won't be anxious.

• +1
yeah i got a piece of advice from a guy who was good at presentations when i was younger, he said visualize yourself going up there and presenting and getting good reactions but don’t actually think about what you’re gonna say, apparently the brain just does it automatically if you do that. Works with talking and being nt as well
hahaha we said the same thing

• JFL
Reactions: mirrormogger

• +1
Reactions: wackedchives and ChadL1te
Good thread norwood

I gotta try this method out, I actually have never had problems speaking in large crowds or in front of ppl. Typically the opposite when its only one person I'm deadass a complete aspie and awkward af but Im gonna try this method for my problem to see if jt works

• +1
Reactions: GunDevilHybrid and NorwoodAscender

• +1
Reactions: wackedchives
ive been doing something similar to this which helps my social anxiety a little, i basically assume most of my interactions will be negative and im prepared for combat, maybe its placebo but people seem to be fucking with me less and less

• +1
good thread, i need to start thinking about this more actively. i've thought about it before but its so important to re-remind yourself right before the task you are going to do.

its not just about expecting the worst outcome we should repeat that worst outcome in our heads until we feel fine with it happening, after that its okay. with fails in talking to women wether you are approaching them or they approach you i always try to remind myself that how others react to what happens to you heavily depends on your own reaction to it. so anytime something goes wrong i just laugh or make some self remark so that you seem unaffected.

imagine when people trip or fall, if you get all flustered and act like nothing happened youll be left feeling queasy after that and like an idiot but if after falling you start laughing and smile a bit you could even have others around you have a positive reaction to it. at the end of the day a lot of anticipation anxiety comes from how we think the others are gonna react to what we say but a lot of their reaction is honestly in our hands

• +1
high IQ like always from you. Although it still doesn't hurt to prepare for it, having low expectations heading in can really help. Good stuff

• +1
Reactions: dopaminebeyondfried and NorwoodAscender

-Norwood

Rep Jesus will always get a rep before reading.

Strangely, I never had issues with presentations be it 10, 100 or a 1000 people. I like it because I'm fully in charge; I control the flow of conversation.

I struggle more with 1:1 or talking to a group of people, because I can never predict the outcome.

Last edited:
  • +1
i mean the anticipation anxiety comes from the thoughts that you will fuck up, doesn't saying you will fuck up make it worse

• +1
i mean the anticipation anxiety comes from the thoughts that you will fuck up, doesn't saying you will fuck up make it worse
u have to "want to fuck up" at least in my experience. not just think u will fuck up, that will make it worse.

u have to "want to fuck up" at least in my experience. not just think u will fuck up, that will make it worse.
also i saw some of your posts on phenibut, mine came in today and i have a important event how much should i take and how many hours before.

• +1
what dosage do you take how many hours before. Thank goodness mine came in today i didn't know if it would i have a party I'm going to and I only know one person and everyone else is friends.

• +1
also i saw some of your posts on phenibut, mine came in today and i have a important event how much should i take and how many hours before.
don’t take it for the first time at the event. have a test trial before so u can get a grasp on the feeling etc. i’d take it 5 hours before the event. and dosing is hard. some people feel it at 250 mg. some people it takes almost two whole grams. i’d say 750 mg- 1g is a good starting dose

what dosage do you take how many hours before. Thank goodness mine came in today i didn't know if it would i have a party I'm going to and I only know one person and everyone else is friends.
when’s the party this weekend or tn?

don’t take it for the first time at the event. have a test trial before so u can get a grasp on the feeling etc. i’d take it 5 hours before the event. and dosing is hard. some people feel it at 250 mg. some people it takes almost two whole grams. i’d say 750 mg- 1g is a good starting dose
I alr took some like 2 hr ago LOL 400mg i was gonna test it but it came to late :aheago:. I probably would flake the party without it. I can feel it is working because i don't have as much anticipation anxiety. Its been about 2 hrs. And Im leaving ina about 2.

• +1

-Norwood

This seems pretty valid tbh

But honestly cold approaching is so fucking low risk I can't believe I haven't done it yet

Like the thing you're talking about is way more daunting and has higher stakes, than asking a girl who you'll never see again if they wanna give you their number

Like NO risk

Unless you bitch out after the first attempt and it fucks your confidence, same way your first presentation fucked you over.

• +1
when’s the party this weekend or tn?
TN i ordered it last week for this purpose but it arrived late, i never go anywhere where the people are already friends and I'm the new one it gives me crazy anxiety. But its a important opportunity to meet a new circle. Theres gonna be about 50 people.

• +1
TN i ordered it last week for this purpose but it arrived late, i never go anywhere where the people are already friends and I'm the new one it gives me crazy anxiety. But it’s an important opportunity to meet a new circle. Theres gonna be about 50 people.
nice. well best of luck boyo.

why don't you recommend taking it without testing?
i just like knowing exactly how im gonna feel before the event but you will be fine don't worry

It went ok actually, I took about 600mg total. Honestly, I didn't really feel anything euphoric or like a social god-like people say sometimes but it did help. I still had trouble starting conversations with these people i never met but once they got going it wasn't awkward or anything. It chilled me out a bit didn't have any physical symptoms of anxiety like I usually do in this type of situation. I was more social with my friends after the party ended i met up with them and we had a great time. Might have not been enough dose but overall I think it worked well and I will use on on occasions like these. I feel like it works best when talking to people you already have connection with.

Last edited:
I guess my anxiety is kinda weird, I can feel 100% confident if people first give me recognition and don't immediately point to things like weirdo or ugly, but once that stuff happens yeah it's bad.

As much as I think my anxiety is going terrible as I grow older, sometimes I just had to bite the bullet when doing things like school/job interviews because it's either you suffer now or you suffer later on.

-Norwood

I'm a decent speaker tbh, i used to be on my HS debate team

My issue is social anxiety in groups, it's giga hard for me although im forced because of uni