Any proof or anecdotes of the long term consequences to silicone implants?

eyebagcel

eyebagcel

overdosed on media and phenopill
On the verge of getting orbital rim implants, but browsing through this forum and jawsurgeryforrum is turning me off

People keep saying silicone implants will cause bone erosion, potential destruction to the nerves, and a mess up of our body chemistry over time due to a “plastic” being put right under the skin

But I have yet to see cases that support these claims. Do you guys know any or is this shit that’s just not worth worrying about

There’s also the fact that bones naturally erode over time(not including implant induced erosion) and since implants don’t erode with the rest of the face wouldn’t there be disharmony in like 10-15 years

as far as erosion, i think a lot of it is minimized if they are screwed down properly. i also dont think it will cause much disharmony because the amount of bone erosion is negligible and under the implant so it wouldnt be noticeable anyway

as far as erosion, i think a lot of it is minimized if they are screwed down properly. i also dont think it will cause much disharmony because the amount of bone erosion is negligible and under the implant so it wouldnt be noticeable anyway
Do you think the screws would loosen over time?

On the verge of getting orbital rim implants, but browsing through this forum and jawsurgeryforrum is turning me off

People keep saying silicone implants will cause bone erosion, potential destruction to the nerves, and a mess up of our body chemistry over time due to a “plastic” being put right under the skin

But I have yet to see cases that support these claims. Do you guys know any or is this shit that’s just not worth worrying about
That’s just not worth worrying about.