any tips on preparing for grad school?

auboutduprecipice

auboutduprecipice

Kraken
i had a few fucked up semesters so im really banking on my essays and GRE score to get me into a good graduate program. i've started leafing through a book i bought on amazon to study but was wondering if anyone else had any more info? im aiming for a pretty decent school here

Whats ur gpa and u live in US?

Its gonna be hard to get into grad schol

my major gpa is about 3.7 - 3.8 though. does that matter? and yes i know it will be difficult which is why im going to retake some courses i did bad in and really study for the gre

It depends on what program you are looking at. As far as I know, Math graduate programs look at research experiences like REUs, GRE Math Subject test, and a lot of upper-level math classes. If getting into a good program is important, I suggest you take a year off and take as many upper-level classes related to your field, apply for research positions, and try and improve your GPA if that is possible. Graduate school is going to take a big chunk of the most productive years of your life, you need to make sure you get into the best possible program.

• +1
Reactions: auboutduprecipice