Anybody use tablets for note taking?

Danish_Retard

Danish_Retard

yuyevon stan account
And drawing concept/mind maps and shit like that. I really fucking despite taking notes on paper and the constraints of paper.

But do you just get an Ipad or a dedicated drawing tablet? The best would be if you could link it to a laptop and use it as a second screen when not drawing.

Perhaps I should just get a laptop with a touch screen...

tagging smartasss
@Preston @TRUE_CEL

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: bishōnenmaxxer, Deleted member 19453, Gengar and 8 others
POV: You're on looksmax during a lecture.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 29167, bishōnenmaxxer, lightskinbengali and 8 others
in the US most schools use ipads.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
I don't but when I was in school atleast 50% of people did.

• +1
Take notes on the shit ur gonna use on ur final exam. So if ur final exam is with a pen and paper, use that blud.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128 and Danish_Retard
Take notes on the shit ur gonna use on ur final exam. So if ur final exam is with a pen and paper, use that blud.
Everything but verbal exams are open book in Denmark, in a few you even have access to the internet 💀

• +1
Reactions: schizo echochamber, Corleone and Reformed
I never took notes during my bachelors and master's and graduated cum laude, summa cum laude, respectively. You should read and study the material before class, and then only listen actively during the class and ask questions.

• +1
Reactions: schizo echochamber, AlexBrown84, Deleted member 43403 and 2 others
I never took notes during my bachelors and master's and graduated cum laude, summa cum laude, respectively. You should read and study the material before class, and then only listen actively during the class and ask questions.

Yeah bro I agree with this fully. I have ADHD so impossible to "multi-task" to understand the lecture and writing notes simultaneously.

It's more for free recall and organising my thoughts on concepts and how they relate after the lecture.

• +1
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING and DHTrash
  • +1
Reactions: Reformed and Danish_Retard
It depends Personally, I don't use an iPad for note-taking because my professor occasionally permits open-book tests or cheat sheets. However, I've seen students from other classes using iPads for note-taking, which I find to be quite convenient and user-friendly. The notes are easily readable and shareable, especially if you own an iPhone or MacBook due to the convenience of AirDrop. I've only seen members of the graphic design club using dedicated drawing tablets like those from Wacom but I don't think they are good for note taking. Most of them are very large and not portable, even the pen that they come with is jumbo sized, they also have a terrible battery life and sharing your notes is also a pain in the ass. I think they use those tablets only because that is the only tablet they own. In my opinion, an entry level iPad should suffice for most purposes in uni.

• +1
Reactions: Corleone and Danish_Retard
It depends Personally, I don't use an iPad for note-taking because my professor occasionally permits open-book tests or cheat sheets. However, I've seen students from other classes using iPads for note-taking, which I find to be quite convenient and user-friendly. The notes are easily readable and shareable, especially if you own an iPhone or MacBook due to the convenience of AirDrop. I've only seen members of the graphic design club using dedicated drawing tablets like those from Wacom but I don't think they are good for note taking. Most of them are very large and not portable, even the pen that they come with is jumbo sized, they also have a terrible battery life and sharing your notes is also a pain in the ass. I think they use those tablets only because that is the only tablet they own. In my opinion, an entry level iPad should suffice for most purposes in uni.
Aight thanks, bro. Very useful anser, I appreciate it.

I have a shitty Lenovo laptop from 2011 and I can't afford a MacBook, but I have an old Gen 6 (2018) smallish iPad, I can buy a Gen 1 apple pen for 40€, so I'll probably just do that.

Perhaps, if I find it's useful I'll buy a bigger non-apple tablet later. And I'll probably have to invest in a new laptop at some point too...

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
I never study

• JFL

I have a shitty Lenovo laptop from 2011 and I can't afford a MacBook, but I have an old Gen 6 (2018) smallish iPad, I can buy a Gen 1 apple pen for 40€, so I'll probably just do that.

Perhaps, if I find it's useful I'll buy a bigger non-apple tablet later. And I'll probably have to invest in a new laptop at some point too...
My roommate uses this and he liked it a lot. It's a 2 in 1. Dell even sells a stylus for this laptop I think. Its good imo but you know more about the specs of laptops than me anyway.

Amazon product ASIN B0CGLM6Y3W

• +1
Reactions: GetShrekt and Danish_Retard
I use an iPad with a keyboard + Apple Pencil, and an app called good notes. Lets me take my notes, and draw diagrams to help explain them. Interface is pretty cool also a lot of helpful tools

• +1
I started using an IPad and pen to complete physics/math problem sets my junior year of college.

i Have pretty terrible handwriting and am prone to clutter, so switching to electronic note taking was probably my best college decision

• +1
D
And drawing concept/mind maps and shit like that. I really fucking despite taking notes on paper and the constraints of paper.

But do you just get an Ipad or a dedicated drawing tablet? The best would be if you could link it to a laptop and use it as a second screen when not drawing.

tagging smartasss
@Preston @TRUE_CEL
Did you got to the party?

• +1

tagging smartasss
@Preston @TRUE_CEL
I use paper brah feels more natural and allows me to flow better

• +1
My roommate uses this and he liked it a lot. It's a 2 in 1. Dell even sells a stylus for this laptop I think. Its good imo but you know more about the specs of laptops than me anyway.

ill have to look into this too.

Might be a better solution long term despite the cost. Tho I'm hoping for AMDs new processor lineup to lower the costs.

I use an iPad with a keyboard + Apple Pencil, and an app called good notes. Lets me take my notes, and draw diagrams to help explain them. Interface is pretty cool also a lot of helpful tools
Thanks for the recommendation broski.

I started using an IPad and pen to complete physics/math problem sets my junior year of college.

i Have pretty terrible handwriting and am prone to clutter, so switching to electronic note taking was probably my best college decision
Yeah, my mind isn't made to paper, I need to be able to reorganize and move around in my notes.

D

Did you got to the party?
Its in 2 weeks. I'll go but I'm getting forklift certified :hnghn: that Friday so I hope I'm not tired.

And had a shit-ish experience at a party yesterday, but everybody but me will be younger so I hopefully won't get as mogged.

• +1
Reactions: Bushman and tom69
ill have to look into this too.

Might be a better solution long term despite the cost. Tho I'm hoping for AMDs new processor lineup to lower the costs.

Thanks for the recommendation broski.

Yeah, my mind isn't made to paper, I need to be able to reorganize and move around in my notes.

Its in 2 weeks. I'll go but I'm getting forklift certified :hnghn: that Friday so I hope I'm not tired.

And had a shit-ish experience at a party yesterday, but everybody but me will be younger so I hopefully won't get as mogged.
More experiences mean that future experiences will get gradually better.

• +1
More experiences mean that future experiences will get gradually better.
Yeah tbh.

But I must admit, feeling so alien, so many times. It erodes me, every time you want to be social, that pain is there to greet you.

No wonder I thought I was introverted for so many years...

Yeah tbh.

But I must admit, feeling so alien, so many times. It erodes me, every time you want to be social, that pain is there to greet you.

No wonder I thought I was introverted for so many years...
no one is really introverted, more like unable to socialize

• +1
I have ADHD so impossible to "multi-task" to understand the lecture and writing notes simultaneously
Multi-tasking in general is impossible. Try taking a time management course once, and you'll see for yourself it's practically impossible.

Last edited:
ipadkidmaxxing

Found out an apple pencil is actually like 150€, so I'm just buying a new 2in1 laptop at this point. Thanks for putting the idea in my head bro.

tagging smartasss
@Preston @TRUE_CEL
Why did you tag me, bhai? I’m literally retarded.

• JFL
Using a ipad for notes is a white foid thing to do. And its fucking retarded because you have to buy a 300 dollar pen and you cant even rest your hand on the ipad itself or it will start drawing on its own so u have to buy one of those gloves so it doesnt mistake the side of your hand for your pen

• JFL
Reactions: GetShrekt and Danish_Retard

tagging smartasss
@Preston @TRUE_CEL
do u use a keyboard with your tablet or just use finger to type out notes?

Using a ipad for notes is a white foid thing to do. And its fucking retarded because you have to buy a 300 dollar pen and you cant even rest your hand on the ipad itself or it will start drawing on its own so u have to buy one of those gloves so it doesnt mistake the side of your hand for your pen
This was true 10 years ago, technology moves on old man.

do u use a keyboard with your tablet or just use finger to type out notes?
Most use a pen that works with the tablet/laptop and keyboard would probably only be for longer writing.

• +1
Reactions: GetShrekt and traveler
This was true 10 years ago, technology moves on old man.

Most use a pen that works with the tablet/laptop and keyboard would probably only be for longer writing.
sounds legit

tablet or laptop should be fine

i think only benefit for laptop is having your other browsers open and you do split screen on one screen

• +1

you can buy a working rippoff pencil that works fine for 10 bucks

• +1

tagging smartasss
@Preston @TRUE_CEL

tagging smartasss
@Preston @TRUE_CEL
if any chick finds out you use a fucking iPad to take notes like a gay little diary she will leave you

• JFL
Carrying around 100 kilos of notes and books is peak Incel trait.

But I agree iPad is overrated + for foids. Should get a windows tablet

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry
Yes, I have a surface pro 7, it’s completely replaced any books or notes.

• Woah
Reactions: ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry
Yes, I have a surface pro 7, it’s completely replaced any books or notes.
How would it compared to my ipad pro?

Whats your battery life in hours?

How would it compared to my ipad pro?

Whats your battery life in hours?
It’s mogs iPad into black hole. It’s a windows 11 laptop which doubles as a functional tablet vs an iPhone UI so it’s not really a competition.

Battery life really just depends on load but if u are streaming and studying with full brightness could get around 3-4 hours off charge.

One thing iPad wins in though is you actually have to turn the surface off or it will drain
battery slowly, whereas iPad I think u can just lock/close it and it’s fine.

• +1
It’s mogs iPad into black hole. It’s a windows 11 laptop which doubles as a functional tablet vs an iPhone UI so it’s not really a competition.

Battery life really just depends on load but if u are streaming and studying with full brightness could get around 3-4 hours off charge.

One thing iPad wins in though is you actually have to turn the surface off or it will drain
battery slowly, whereas iPad I think u can just lock/close it and it’s fine.
hmm should i fix y ipad pro 12.9 400$ or buy used microsoft surface with the same price?

hmm should i fix y ipad pro 12.9 400$ or buy used microsoft surface with the same price?
buy the galaxy book 2 pro 360

• +1
Carrying around 100 kilos of notes and books is peak Incel trait.

But I agree iPad is overrated + for foids. Should get a windows tablet
Nigga just get a macbook

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32410
+ Why are you carrying your notes around? Reading over your content isnt gonna help you learn
I feel like dying reading about medicine 40 pages everyday