Anyone else had parents that decided their hobbies?

Deleted member 275

Deleted member 275

Kraken
My parents would always choose my hobbies for me as a kid.

They wanted me to play a musical instrument. I liked the piano. But my parents wanted me to play the violin instead so that's what I had to do.
My parents wanted me to do folklore dancing because my mom used to do it aswell when she was little. So that's what I was forced to do.
My dad used to do play basketball, so that was what I was made to do.

Etc.

I hated most of these hobbies and would put in a minimal effort, often complaining and that I wanted to quit them. But my parents would tell me quitting is no option and it would be a waste. And that I just had to keep going :lul:

Wondering if this shit is more common.

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: micropenis29, turkproducer, Deleted member 7098 and 5 others
no

• WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 275
GOYIMS have no life

• JFL
Reactions: TsarTsar444 and Deleted member 275
No my parents didn't a give fuck what I did unfortunately it caused me to skip school and play video games all the time, they never guided me in life only bought me stuff financially

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: SAR, Deleted member 14262, Deleted member 5786 and 4 others
No my parents didn't a give fuck what I did unfortunately it caused me to skip school and play video games all the time, they never guided me in life only bought me stuff financially
did you never have any interest yourself, hobbies you wanted to try?

skipping school is very based, I wish I did that. My parents forced me to excell in school and it never pays off

• +1
Reactions: SAR and JosephGarrot123
Folklore dancing is nice tho, cute girls there :feelsgood:

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Deleted member 275
did you never have any interest yourself, hobbies you wanted to try?

skipping school is very based, I wish I did that. My parents forced me to excell in school and it never pays off
Nah I isolated myself cuz of my deformity which made me play RuneScape all day, an 8 year old has more life experiences than me. Never went to the beach fished or anything like that

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: mecmec, micropenis29, Deleted member 5786 and 1 other person
I wish I had parents like you tbh.

• +1
Reactions: JosephGarrot123
Folklore dancing is nice tho, cute girls there :feelsgood:
Too bad I was ugly asf so they had to force the girls to dance with me, being visibly displeased to partner up with me :lul:

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: lutte and TsarTsar444
Nah I isolated myself cuz of my deformity which made me play RuneScape all day, an 8 year old has more life experiences than me. Never went to the beach fished or anything like that
Yeah it's fucked tbh. Being ugly makes any type of hobby/activity when you are young kinda shit, since you can't socialize there.

At all the hobbies I had, I never fitted in socially which made it a lot less fun.

• +1
Reactions: SAR and JosephGarrot123
Too bad I was ugly asf so they had to force the girls to dance with me, being visibly displeased to partner up with me :lul:
Girls want non chads dead, ded srs tbh

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, SAR, LastHopeForNorman and 4 others
  • +1
Reactions: turkproducer and TsarTsar444
nah just below-average looking men (bottom 30%). Normies can be tolerated.
Especially if you are a slavic migrant, it never began for plumbercels

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, LastHopeForNorman, turkproducer and 4 others
fuck just reminded me of that time we were dancing in school and I had to dance with my arab bro instead of dancing with a girl

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman, WontStopNorwooding, JosephGarrot123 and 3 others
fuck just reminded me of that time we were dancing in school and I had to dance with my arab bro instead of dancing with a girl
I remember around the age of 12-13 at school parties, boys started slow-dancing with girls. But ofcourse no girl wanted to dance with me.

Ofcourse the high inhibitions that (former) ugly guys experience in clubs, making them not want to dance with girls, stems from shit like this. And then u get gaslit that ur not 'confident' enough. jfl.

• +1
Reactions: SAR and lutte
I remember around the age of 12-13 at school parties, boys started slow-dancing with girls. But ofcourse no girl wanted to dance with me.

Ofcourse the high inhibitions that (former) ugly guys experience in clubs, making them not want to dance with girls, stems from shit like this. And then u get gaslit that ur not 'confident' enough. jfl.
I'm not even muh not confident I just never had a shot with any girl so girls almost never existed in my world. I am very playful/teasing irl which girls really like if its from a gl guy

• +1
Reactions: Albeacho and Deleted member 275
@runescapeaddict1996

• +1
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: JosephGarrot123 and TsarTsar444
maybe not dancing. but them forcing you is better than having no hobbies. i wish my dad got me into mma at like 5.

if i ever have a kid i think im gonna make him do mma + learn guitar from the age of 5

• +1
Reactions: SAR
My parents sent me for piano lessons at an early age, even though I didn't want to go. But I thank them a lot for this ngl, I love the piano and classical music a lot. Idc at all if it is an autist-tier hobby, I simply enjoy it. Music is my favorite and most important hobby.

Glad that my parents send me for dance or ballet classes, I find it cringe and it is a possible path to faggotry. Swimming as a kid was quite fun though, but now that I am a grown up, I don't like being half naked at the pool in front of so many other people anymore, feels weird.

I'm not even muh not confident I just never had a shot with any girl so girls almost never existed in my world. I am very playful/teasing irl which girls really like if its from a gl guy
I am very playful/joking around guys, but very defensive and on edge around girls since they never liked me jfl.

• +1
Reactions: SAR and lutte
maybe not dancing. but them forcing you is better than having no hobbies. i wish my dad got me into mma at like 5.

if i ever have a kid i think im gonna make him do mma + learn guitar from the age of 5
Idk if I agree. It's better to have few hobbies if ur ugly imo, since then there's less places where u get discriminated against due to the more varying social environments. Better for ur self-esteem and enjoyment.

Having lots of hobbies/social circles is a personality death sentence if ur ugly.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14543
Absolutely. Although I didn't want to do anything myself, so they forced me to try different sports.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13332 and Deleted member 275
so your parents basically tried to make you sociable and gave you good activities as a kid and you still complain about them

• JFL
Reactions: micropenis29

• JFL
My parents never forced me to do anything at all besides studying, luckily I was always into sports and music since I was a kid

@runescapeaddict1996
Lol. I sware they did not. My mother hates runescape. She used to take my computer away when I was a kid because I would play runescape too much.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5786
My parents never forced me to do any activity I didn't like, but they shamed me for many things I did or wanted to do. They were even angry that I was so obsessed with maps, because they thought it wouldn't help me at school.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15338 and Deleted member 13332
yes my dad essentially made me play the sports he played as well. football/lacrosse. never even tried soccer or baseball as a child like most kids. I am prob most talented at tennis but I'm not even mad because playing football/lacrosse made me much more popular

My parents would always choose my hobbies for me as a kid.

They wanted me to play a musical instrument. I liked the piano. But my parents wanted me to play the violin instead so that's what I had to do.
My parents wanted me to do folklore dancing because my mom used to do it aswell when she was little. So that's what I was forced to do.
My dad used to do play basketball, so that was what I was made to do.

Etc.

I hated most of these hobbies and would put in a minimal effort, often complaining and that I wanted to quit them. But my parents would tell me quitting is no option and it would be a waste. And that I just had to keep going :lul:

Wondering if this shit is more common.
I’m not a little bitch, so no

• Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 275