Are dermarollers superior to derma pens / derminator? (derminator / owndoc debunked)

Crusile

Crusile

Chicowski
"Studies With Rollers Cannot Necessarily be Extrapolated to Pens"

One pen company came up with a theory that needles on a roller cut the skin due to the angle of the needles on a circular drum. whereas needles from a pen. (they surmised). enter perpendicular and therefore 61 - 62 - cause less trauma (superior outcome). However, the practitioner has no way of knowing whether the needle is in or out of the skin as the device is moved across the surface, so similar cuts and scratches from the jigsaw action of an electronic needling device can result as well. So, are there any differences between the two? Newton's Third Law gives us some clues. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. In other words, the wound healing (inflammatory) response is directly proportionate to the number of holes per square centimetre. Due to the speed of the motor of an electronic device, it is easy to create far more punctures in less time when compared to a roller, and the wound heal ing cascade is amplified. This ampl ification is not easy to measure clinically based on duration of treatment and erythema as the end point. Looks can be very deceiving. Thus, the inflammatory component is often greater in electronic devices, hence a higher incidence of complications which were not evident with rollers. These include subtle scarring (which appear as enlarged pores or worsening of wrinkles) and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH).

pE6wKHM.png

JRvXwme.png

, it is i mpossible to know if they are in or out of the skin as the device is moved across it. Thus, there will also be a cutting action (simi lar to a jig-saw mechanism) involved using these devices, unless it is held stationary and then lifted to the next spot (stamping technique), in which case the holes will become enlarged because each needle will have penetrated mUltiple times in the same spot.
9k1Usfl.png

Microneedle induced scaring is more likely with derma pens (than dermarollers)
it is virtually impossible to calculate the number of punctures per square centimeter. In the 57 - 58 - days when "more" was thought to be best. this seemed irrelevant. Given the increase in complications (which are post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and scarring, most l ikely due to macerating the skin with resulting excessive inflammation). a more precise approach enables documentation that will withstand medicolegal scrutiny.
fiRNWAj.png

FfD11XS.png

Infadolan debunked

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: zerocool
Derminator / own doc debunked.
Overpriced garbage, do not buy.
how come? becos the cartiages are like 5 dollars and the rollers are 20? You get more needles per dollar with the roller? what is the point :feelshehe:
Also,most of the info given in dermarolling guide and owndoc forum are incorrect /outdated

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lawton88 and zerocool
sweet

• +1
Reactions: Crusile
Most results I saw seemed better with rollers despite all the pushing of the other ones. You need to replace them after some uses though. I replaced mine (1.5mm) like every 2 months and used it every 2 weeks.

• +1
. I replaced mine (1.5mm) like every 2 months and used it every 2 weeks
Don't wanna spoil the moment but u could've tripled the lifespan of it with 100% effectiveness and 0 complications

Don't wanna spoil the moment but u could've tripled the lifespan of it with 100% effectiveness and 0 complications
Replace the derma-roller itself every 6 months and use every 2 weeks?

Derminator isnt that bad btw. I would still buy in 2023
Dermaroller is strictly better at 0.2-0.5mm (non acne scarred skin).

*DO NOT USE DERMINAITOR ON HIGH SPEED! low and medium speed only*

Derminator isnt that bad btw. I would still buy in 2023
Dermaroller is strictly better at 0.2-0.5mm (non acne scarred skin).

*DO NOT USE DERMINAITOR ON HIGH SPEED! low and medium speed only*
What's the recommend dermaroller mm for acne scar skin?

Replace the derma-roller itself every 6 months and use every 2 weeks?
I use mine every week and have been using it for 6 maybe more months. Its as effective and had no complications

What's the recommend dermaroller mm for acne scar skin?
Read this ebook
I would get 0.2mm 0.5mm rollers and 1.5mm stamp or 0.2mm roller and derminator

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23558
  • +1
interesting. why for 0.25 and 0.5mm you favor the roller, and say they are superior, while for 1.5mm you favor the derminator?

why?
hurts too much.
less punctures/time on the same spot is safer.

Last edited:
idk, bought the derminator, seems like a legit machine

dermaroller would plug out all hairs i'm afraid
using it since feb 1st, once a week (so 4- 5 times) but this week i will skip just in case i'm doing it too often (betwenn 0.75 and 1.25 currently on fast speed)

so infadolan is really that bad ? Astrosky is swearing by it and he has insane skin

idk, bought the derminator, seems like a legit machine

dermaroller would plug out all hairs i'm afraid
using it since feb 1st, once a week (so 4- 5 times) but this week i will skip just in case i'm doing it too often (betwenn 0.75 and 1.25 currently on fast speed)

so infadolan is really that bad ? Astrosky is swearing by it and he has insane skin
Dont use fast speed irl expensive devices in doctor offices go slower for scar risk reason.
IDK about infadolan

Frequency = 2 months @>1.00mm
3 weeks 0.5mm
few times per week 0.25m

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23558 and Eren
Dont use fast speed irl expensive devices in doctor offices go slower for scar risk reason.
IDK about infadolan

3 weeks 0.5mm
few times per week 0.25m
two months for 1mm ?? hiw can you hope to regrow your hair with that ?
Ok i will stay on medium then, once every week and sometimes every other week
my only issue is that i don't have sunscreen yet (i'm trying to find a good mineral one as chemicals ones are very bad)

IDK about infadolan

3 weeks 0.5mm
few times per week 0.25m
sorry for double reply but do you dermaroll? Do you have any results if so ? For now i'm ony doing forehead, hairline and a bit on my scalp, as i said the UV rays concern me for regeneration, i dont seem to have scar problems for now with that frequency of one time per week but i will make a pose this week and restart next friday
i dont want to get fin for now as i don't have my blood test done yet

two months for 1mm ?? hiw can you hope to regrow your hair with that ?
Ok i will stay on medium then, once every week and sometimes every other week
my only issue is that i don't have sunscreen yet (i'm trying to find a good mineral one as chemicals ones are very bad)
No that was for facial skin. for hair maybe once every 2 weeks, not sure. You should use finesteride/minoxidil, youll thin on parts of the scalp you cant microneedle

What should i do for eyebrows other than Minox

No that was for facial skin. for hair maybe once every 2 weeks, not sure. You should use finesteride/minoxidil, youll thin on parts of the scalp you cant microneedle
waiting for my blood work to start. I'm 21 so i don't want to cuck myself too soon. I have gyno sensitivity so i can't do stupid things without knowing my blood levels
But yeah Fin could make me ascend ngl

• +1
so if i get 0.5 mm i do it once every three weeks? that what you saying?