Are numbers from average height statistics measured with shoes on or not?

ropeorcope

ropeorcope

Hopeless copelet
Whenever I have had my height measured at the doctor they have never told me to take my shoes off. I'm guessing the numbers they get for stats come from medical records and shit like that so I wouldn't be surprised if they are measured with shoes on.

I'm 184cm barefoot but 188cm with regular shoes on. In my country that's 88th percentile barefoot and 96th percentile with shoes, pretty significant difference. Doesn't really matter for me tho because it's over either way because of my subhuman eye area and lower third.

Thoughts?

without shoes

• +1
Reactions: 5'8manlet and Lux
I can't even call this a shit thread
what this is doesn't even have a name yet

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Warlow, Deleted member 6217, Yusu and 1 other person
Whenever I have had my height measured at the doctor they have never told me to take my shoes off. I'm guessing the numbers they get for stats come from medical records and shit like that so I wouldn't be surprised if they are measured with shoes on.

I'm 184cm barefoot but 188cm with regular shoes on. In my country that's 88th percentile barefoot and 96th percentile with shoes, pretty significant difference. Doesn't really matter for me tho because it's over either way because of my subhuman eye area and lower third.

Thoughts?
I've always been told to take them off. But I had a doctor list me as 5' 9" once when I knew I was 5' 8.5" AT MOST. And I've heard some docs doing it with shoes. You'd have to find a study where they did it one specific way for all people outside of CDC statistics. Look for those on google.

• +1
Reactions: ropeorcope
I bet some countries measure with shoes on, when I got to army stuff they all measured with shoes on as well

They measure with shoes on for NFL and NBA

They measure with shoes on for NFL and NBA
They did that in the nba before but now the heights are all legit barefoot. They revamped it recently

Holy shit they can't be that retarded? Shit hole countries....

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath
I imagine not. Would make no sense to measure with shoes on since shoe height varies so much. Basketball is one sport height is definitely frauded with shoes.