Are the eyeme.io percentiles misleading? (probably)

D

Deleted member 16607

Iron
Eyeme was down for a while for me and when it finally came back I decided to throw up some recent photos from the past few months since I've changed a bit and wanted to see the impact. After about 90 ratings I've stabilized around 5.4-5.5 with the vast majority of ratings being a 5 with a few standouts. According to their percentiles I am almost exactly a 50th percentile person (I've got photos on some of my other posts if interested, don't feel like posting them here) which is pretty consistent with me irl (bland normie who's only good traits are being tall and a B tier jaw)

I know a lot of incel/psl people are on that website and both the way they rate (harsh compared to most people) and the fact there is a disproportionate amount of male models posted by people there. I am wondering if this skews the percentiles for men. We already know the overall percentiles are misleading because women are overrated on the site, but what about the percentile of normal mean being skewed downwards due the artificially high number of male models and influencers? The logic makes sense to me.

Another thing I've noticed is that my average is much higher in the "guest" category compared to the male and female category. Has anyone else experienced this? It happened on my old profile and leads to me believe that these ratings are coming from people closer to your average person as they would be less likely to register an account before rating people.

TLDR: Eyeme is a decent tool for rating looks but percentiles for men may be skewed downwards (to what degree I am unsure), and unregistered guest users who may be more normal appear to rate higher.

Why don't you just use dating apps as a measure of your attractiveness?
What do you rate yourself, on a scale of 1 to 10?
If you are 7 or above you could do well on dating apps.
From 0-6 there is no point using them tho.

Why don't you just use dating apps as a measure of your attractiveness?
What do you rate yourself, on a scale of 1 to 10?
If you are 7 or above you could do well on dating apps.
From 0-6 there is no point using them tho.
I'm like a 5.5, maybe 6 if we're being generous and my hair is deciding to cooperate.

I do ok on dating apps I suppose, gotten laid off it once with a decent looking girl and got close a couple other times but that's it.

• +1
Reactions: Cristiano88
Percentiles are lower than the general population because all of the giga ugly people rarely post on there + there are some larp models posted