Are these natty protein per body weight kg guidelines legit? I'm doing maintenance @ 5'5.75" 135 lbs & gymcelling right now so that's 122.47g protein

alien

alien

Kraken
I saw this chart on a site with this guideline online.

Calorie Maintenance:
Active (healthy weight): 1.4-2.0 grams of protein per kg of body weight (if you want to recomp towards more muscle away from fat, aim for higher end)
Sedentary lifestyle (healthy weight): 1.2-1.8 grams of protein per kg of body weight (if you want more muscle and less fat, aim for the higher end)

Bulking:
Active (healthy weight): 1.6-2.4 grams of protein per kg of body weight (if you want to build more muscle and limit putting on body fat, aim for the higher end)

Cutting:
Active (healthy weight): 1.6-2.4 grams of protein per kg of body weight (if you want to keep more muscle and lose more fat, aim for the higher end)
Overweight: 1.2-1.5 grams of protein per kg of body weight (if you want to keep more muscle and lose more fat, aim for the higher end)

According to my digital body scale @ 167cm (5'5.75"), 135 lbs (61.235 kg), Age 37, my maintenance calories is 1,785 daily.
So I need a protein-to-calorie ratio of 6.8% or better (122.47g protein/1,785 calories). Which means I have to get at least 27% of my calories from protein just to maintain. 27% is a lot. That means I would have to limit not just bread, pasta, rice, potatoes but also fatty cuts of meat and other fats in my diet to meet that ratio.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Calorie Maintenance:
Active (healthy weight): 1.4-2.0 grams of protein per kg of body weight (if you want to recomp towards more muscle away from fat, aim for higher end)
Sedentary lifestyle (healthy weight): 1.2-1.8 grams of protein per kg of body weight (if you want more muscle and less fat, aim for the higher end)

Bulking:
Active (healthy weight): 1.6-2.4 grams of protein per kg of body weight (if you want to keep more muscle and lose more fat, aim for the higher end)

Cutting:
Overweight: 1.2-1.5 grams of protein per kg of body weight (if you want to keep more muscle and lose more fat, aim for the higher end)

According to my digital body scale @ 167cm (5'5.75"), 135 lbs (61.235 kg), Age 37, my maintenance calories is 1,785 daily.
So I need a protein-to-calorie ratio of 6.8% or better (122.47g protein/1,785 calories). Which means I have to get at least 27% of my calories from protein just to maintain. 27% is a lot. That means I would have to limit not just bread, pasta, rice, potatoes but also fatty cuts of meat and other fats in my diet to meet that ratio.
Thanks.
for you keep it within 122g to 202g of protein a day just remember that as you cut your required protein intake like goes up to the higher end of that range
Beef, eggs, milk, salmon, quinoa, and beans are great sources and you can like supplement with whey protein shakes and protein bars.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
for you keep it within 122g to 202g of protein a day just remember that as you cut your required protein intake like goes up to the higher end of that range
Beef, eggs, milk, salmon, quinoa, and beans are great sources and you can like supplement with whey protein shakes and protein bars.
122g to 202g of protein seems practically impossible at maintenance for a manlet twink like me (allegedly 1,785 calories per day according to my scale at my age, height and weight).
Just to hit 122.47g of protein at 1,785 calories, I would need to get at least 27% of my calories from protein. Fatty cuts of beef do not give you 27% of calories from protein. I would have to go for lean cuts of beef.
Eggs are like 32-33% calories from protein. Egg whites are like 89% tho.
2% Milk is like 27-28%. Skim milk is higher though.
Quinoa is only 15%. Quinoa is mostly carbs with some fat and protein.
Red Kidney Beans are like 27-28%. Though other types of beans may be even better. I heard from Andrew Tate that kidney beans are the cheapest source of protein.
Pink Salmon is like 85% calories from protein. God-tier.

And yes I know I'm small to begin with (5'5.75" 135 lbs). But I started my bulk out at 128.1 lbs back in October 1st. And gained 6.9 lbs in 4 weeks. I don't want to go up in weight too fast or else I'm going to gain a lot of body fat. This is why I am doing a maintenance for now to see if I can give my muscles more time to grow into my larger weight. I've looked at before and after pictures of my abs. I'm not as cut now as I was 29 days ago when I was 128.1 lbs. Still have a six-pack. But I'm thinking I should slow things down for now weight-wise and see if I can recomp some of my new body fat into muscle. Apparently I'm not supposed to be gaining more than 0.5% of my body weight per week during a clean bulk. And I gained 1.42% per week. lol. I dirty bulked a bit too much.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and softlysoftly

Calorie Maintenance:

Bulking:
Active (healthy weight): 1.6-2.4 grams of protein per kg of body weight (if you want to build more muscle and limit putting on body fat, aim for the higher end)

Cutting:

Thanks.
Take your bodyweight in kg, multiply it by 2 and just eat that much protein in g. A little less would also be fine.

Take your bodyweight in kg, multiply it by 2 and just eat that much protein in g. A little less would also be fine.
Does this rule really apply to manlets?
I'm 61.235kg.
Multiply that by two and that's 122.47g of protein per day.
According to my body scale (5'5.75" 135 lbs Age 37) my BMR (calorie maintenance) is 1,785 calories daily.
(122.47g protein * (16.7 kj per gram protein/4.184 kj per calorie)) 1,785 calories = 27.4% Calories from protein
27.4% calories from protein is a very lean diet. Is that really necessary?

Calorie Maintenance:

Bulking:

Cutting:

Thanks.
BS

Maintenance or bulk phase:
0.8- 1 gr protein per pound of body weight per day
Going more lower is pointless

Cutting phase:
1-1.5 gr protein per pound of body weight per day
Going more higher is pointless

Screenshot from 2022 11 12 13 39 08

Last edited:
BS

Maintenance or bulk phase:
0.8- 1 gr protein per pound of body weight per day
Going more lower is pointless

Cutting phase:
1-1.5 gr protein per pound of body weight per day
Going more higher is pointless

View attachment 1947407

You get zero additional muscle growth above 0.82 gs of protein/lb. Probably even as low as 0.68 gs/lb. Do your actual research before you just call BS, and post a cute little diagram.

Look up protein intake and muscle growth META ANALYSES (takes all protein intake studies then finds average trend) or google Menno Henselmans. It's been consistently shown that you don't need anything above 0.82 gs of protein/lb to maximize muscle growth

• +1
Reactions: alien
@alien

110 gs of protein/day, and you're covered. Could even go as low as 95, and you'll probably be fine if it's mostly coming from meats.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and alien
how does it feel to be a turbomanlet

@alien

110 gs of protein/day, and you're covered. Could even go as low as 95, and you'll probably be fine if it's mostly coming from meats.

My weight this morning after taking a piss was 133.8 lbs. That's 60.690659kg. Going by the 1.8 grams of protein/kg rule, that's 109.2431865g protein/day.
I think 1g/lb or even 2g/kg is a meme too. I consumed at least 125g protein today (I lost count. Because my dad prepared some of my meals so I don't know of all the protein I had.) and I have been farting like crazy. Like really smelly farts. I'm pretty sure that's a sign that I'm consuming too much protein.

Just from my protein shakes alone today during a training day:
3x 23g scoops of whey protein powder (chocolate) = 17g x 3 protein = 51g protein. 1 scoop before gym, 1 scoop after, 1 scoop 5:30pm
2x 49g scoops of mass gainer powder - 9.25g x 2 protein = 18.5g protein. 1 scoop before gym, 1 scoop after
16oz 0% Skim Milk = 17g protein. 6 oz before gym, 6 oz after, 4 oz 5:30pm
Total from protein/mass gainer shakes = 86.5g protein. 32.6g before gym. 32.6g after gym. 21.3g 5:30pm.

Other Protein rich food I ate:
6oz Greek Yogurt = 18g protein 12-1pm
1 Large Egg = 6.5g protein lunch
2.5oz 0% Milk in coffee = 2.7g protein before gym
Skinless chicken breast (unknown amount) dinner
Egg Whites (unknown amount, 91% calories from protein) lunch
Black Diamond Cheese Slice (3g protein) before gym
Quinoa (unknown amount, has some protein, mostly carbs) dinner

Last edited:
You get zero additional muscle growth above 0.82 gs of protein/lb. Probably even as low as 0.68 gs/lb. Do your actual research before you just call BS, and post a cute little diagram.

Look up protein intake and muscle growth META ANALYSES (takes all protein intake studies then finds average trend) or google Menno Henselmans. It's been consistently shown that you don't need anything above 0.82 gs of protein/lb to maximize muscle growth
Cool, post body