Aspirin extends lifespan by 400 percent

BrahminBoss

BrahminBoss

Hu-cow pilled
I don't know if the active ingredient in willow bark that is responsible for this lifespan extension is salicylic acid, but it is very likely given the increase in metabolism of yeast given the willow bark extract. It is worth noting that willow bark extract was the most potent of all 10,000+ ingredients with lifespan extension features that the team tested. It is also worth noting that the extract extended both average and maximum lifespan several-fold, and it is the latter that is the goal of most anti-aging research.
Btw, there are several other studies showing lifespan extension from aspirin and pure salicylic acid. I have already posted some of them on the forum.
The willow bark extract (PE21) was standardized for 25%+ salicin, which is a pro-drug for salicylic acid and has action very similar to aspirin.
Salicin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The concentration that had the strongest life extending effect was 0.1% of the extract as part of the diet. I emailed the authors and the response I got was that the human equivalent dose of would be 41mg/kg and 82mg/kg of the willow bark extract, which was standardized to 30% salicin. So, this means 12.5mg/kg or 25mg/kg salicin for a human daily. Now, salicin is a prodrug for salicylic acid just like aspirin, but the good news is that you need less aspirin to get the same levels of salicylic acid than by ingesting salicin. The coefficient is about 0.63 for aspirin, so the above doses of salicin would equate to about 7.9mg/kg and 15.75mg/kg aspirin daily. This corresponds pretty well to the optimal therapeutic aspirin doses seen clinically - i.e. 500mg - 1,500mg daily.
http://www.epsce.com/userfiles/A Novel More Potent Salicin Content.pdf
"...A typical 500 mg dose of aspirin is equivalent to 794 mg of salicin [7]. To round off these numbers, 800 mg of Salicin is equivalent to 500 mg of Aspirin; it will take approximately 38 drops of White Willow buds to equal the 500 mg of aspirin and 19 drops as an alternative to 250 mg of aspirin. All of this is just an approximation and not an exact certification but helps us how to gauge therapeutic levels."
Reference [7] from above quote: Rational Phytotherapy: A Physicians' Guide to Herbal Medicine | Annals of Internal Medicine

While there were several mechanisms of action at play, one of the most important lifespan extending mechanisms was the increase in mitochondrial respiration and ROS production.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-03-youngand-alive.html
"...One of these groups of molecules is the most potent longevity-extending pharmacological intervention yet described in scientific literature: a specific extract of willow bark. Willow bark was commonly used during the time of Hippocrates, when people were advised to chew on it to relieve pain and fever. The study showed that it increases the average and maximum chronological lifespan of yeast by 475 per cent and 369 per cent, respectively. This represents a much greater effect than rapamycin and metformin, the two best drugs known for their anti-aging effects. "These six extracts have been recognized as non-toxic by Health Canada, and already exhibit recognized health benefits in humans," says Simard. "But first, more research must be done. That's why Idunn Technologies is collaborating with four other universities for six research programs, to go beyond yeast, and work with an animal model of aging, as well as two cancer models."

Discovery of plant extracts that greatly delay yeast chronological aging and have different effects on longevity-defining cellular processes | Lutchman | Oncotarget
"...We found that each of the six lifespan-extending PEs stimulates coupled mitochondrial respiration, which was monitored by measuring the rate of oxygen consumption by yeast cells. PE4, PE8 and PE12 decreased the extent to which such respiration declined in ST-phase cultures (Figure 5A, 5D and 5E), whereas PE5, PE6 and PE21 considerably increased the rate of mitochondrial respiration in yeast during PD and ST growth phases (Figure 5B, 5C and 5F)."

"...In this study, we performed a screen for PEs capable of extending longevity of the chronologically aging yeast S. cerevisiae. Our screen revealed six PEs (which we call PE4, PE5, PE6, PE8, PE12 and PE21) that can significantly increase yeast CLS. We demonstrated that each of these PEs is a geroprotector which delays the onset and slows the progression of yeast chronological aging by eliciting a hormetic stress response. We provided evidence that each of these geroprotective PEs has different effects on cellular processes known to define longevity in organisms across phyla. Such effects include the following: 1) amplified mitochondrial respiration and membrane potential; 2) increased or decreased concentrations of ROS; 3) reduced oxidative damage to cellular proteins, membrane lipids, and mitochondrial and nuclear genomes; 4) enhanced cell resistance to oxidative and thermal stresses; and 5) accelerated degradation of neutral lipids deposited in LDs (Figure 13). These findings provide important new insights into mechanisms through which some chemical compounds of plant origin can slow biological aging."

"...Specifically, both these pharmacological interventions were demonstrated to increase the RLS and/or CLS of yeast and human peripheral blood mononuclear cells by 83%–200%; the corresponding rows in Table S1 are highlighted in green. Of note, PE21 appears to be the most potent longevity-extending pharmacological intervention presently known. It increases the mean and maximum CLS of yeast by 475% and 369%, respectively (Figure 3A and 3B; Table S1)."

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: cyprian_tomaszewski, yirma19, Lux and 12 others
I wish I was immortal

• JFL
Reactions: LooksThinker
Fuck man my mum just threw out all of my aspirin tablets cause she thinks its a dangerous drug

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member, LooksThinker and BrahminBoss
you need to make a simple english megathread on your ray peat findings so far

• +1
Reactions: cyprian_tomaszewski, grooxx, lightskinbengali and 2 others
No point when it’s not giving you immortal life expectancy

you need to make a simple english megathread on your ray peat findings so far
People have already discovered almost everything, wouldnt be surprised if the next stage of civilisation was achieved by a hardcore Peater coasting on 0 TSH and meditating on Mt Sinai with extremely high CO2 saturation who then merged with a neutrino star and achieved the transcendental noumena

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Fgsfds, Feliezzx, the MOUSE and 4 others
I don't know if the active ingredient in willow bark that is responsible for this lifespan extension is salicylic acid, but it is very likely given the increase in metabolism of yeast given the willow bark extract. It is worth noting that willow bark extract was the most potent of all 10,000+ ingredients with lifespan extension features that the team tested. It is also worth noting that the extract extended both average and maximum lifespan several-fold, and it is the latter that is the goal of most anti-aging research.
Btw, there are several other studies showing lifespan extension from aspirin and pure salicylic acid. I have already posted some of them on the forum.
The willow bark extract (PE21) was standardized for 25%+ salicin, which is a pro-drug for salicylic acid and has action very similar to aspirin.
The concentration that had the strongest life extending effect was 0.1% of the extract as part of the diet. I emailed the authors and the response I got was that the human equivalent dose of would be 41mg/kg and 82mg/kg of the willow bark extract, which was standardized to 30% salicin. So, this means 12.5mg/kg or 25mg/kg salicin for a human daily. Now, salicin is a prodrug for salicylic acid just like aspirin, but the good news is that you need less aspirin to get the same levels of salicylic acid than by ingesting salicin. The coefficient is about 0.63 for aspirin, so the above doses of salicin would equate to about 7.9mg/kg and 15.75mg/kg aspirin daily. This corresponds pretty well to the optimal therapeutic aspirin doses seen clinically - i.e. 500mg - 1,500mg daily.
"...A typical 500 mg dose of aspirin is equivalent to 794 mg of salicin [7]. To round off these numbers, 800 mg of Salicin is equivalent to 500 mg of Aspirin; it will take approximately 38 drops of White Willow buds to equal the 500 mg of aspirin and 19 drops as an alternative to 250 mg of aspirin. All of this is just an approximation and not an exact certification but helps us how to gauge therapeutic levels."
Reference [7] from above quote: Rational Phytotherapy: A Physicians' Guide to Herbal Medicine | Annals of Internal Medicine

While there were several mechanisms of action at play, one of the most important lifespan extending mechanisms was the increase in mitochondrial respiration and ROS production.

"...One of these groups of molecules is the most potent longevity-extending pharmacological intervention yet described in scientific literature: a specific extract of willow bark. Willow bark was commonly used during the time of Hippocrates, when people were advised to chew on it to relieve pain and fever. The study showed that it increases the average and maximum chronological lifespan of yeast by 475 per cent and 369 per cent, respectively. This represents a much greater effect than rapamycin and metformin, the two best drugs known for their anti-aging effects. "These six extracts have been recognized as non-toxic by Health Canada, and already exhibit recognized health benefits in humans," says Simard. "But first, more research must be done. That's why Idunn Technologies is collaborating with four other universities for six research programs, to go beyond yeast, and work with an animal model of aging, as well as two cancer models."

Discovery of plant extracts that greatly delay yeast chronological aging and have different effects on longevity-defining cellular processes | Lutchman | Oncotarget
"...We found that each of the six lifespan-extending PEs stimulates coupled mitochondrial respiration, which was monitored by measuring the rate of oxygen consumption by yeast cells. PE4, PE8 and PE12 decreased the extent to which such respiration declined in ST-phase cultures (Figure 5A, 5D and 5E), whereas PE5, PE6 and PE21 considerably increased the rate of mitochondrial respiration in yeast during PD and ST growth phases (Figure 5B, 5C and 5F)."

"...In this study, we performed a screen for PEs capable of extending longevity of the chronologically aging yeast S. cerevisiae. Our screen revealed six PEs (which we call PE4, PE5, PE6, PE8, PE12 and PE21) that can significantly increase yeast CLS. We demonstrated that each of these PEs is a geroprotector which delays the onset and slows the progression of yeast chronological aging by eliciting a hormetic stress response. We provided evidence that each of these geroprotective PEs has different effects on cellular processes known to define longevity in organisms across phyla. Such effects include the following: 1) amplified mitochondrial respiration and membrane potential; 2) increased or decreased concentrations of ROS; 3) reduced oxidative damage to cellular proteins, membrane lipids, and mitochondrial and nuclear genomes; 4) enhanced cell resistance to oxidative and thermal stresses; and 5) accelerated degradation of neutral lipids deposited in LDs (Figure 13). These findings provide important new insights into mechanisms through which some chemical compounds of plant origin can slow biological aging."

"...Specifically, both these pharmacological interventions were demonstrated to increase the RLS and/or CLS of yeast and human peripheral blood mononuclear cells by 83%–200%; the corresponding rows in Table S1 are highlighted in green. Of note, PE21 appears to be the most potent longevity-extending pharmacological intervention presently known. It increases the mean and maximum CLS of yeast by 475% and 369%, respectively (Figure 3A and 3B; Table S1)."
So the main question how much mg of this chit I should buy in the amazon and which time are best for consumption

So the main question how much mg of this chit I should buy in the amazon and which time are best for consumption
Depends on your aim, for lifespan extension 500 mg is enough. But for say losing fat extremely rapdily, erecticle disfunct, cancer, testosterone boost, cortisol inhibition, mitochondria uncoupling, anti fungal effects, sun protection, iron and lipofuscin scavenging etc the dose differs, also coffee and aspirin synergise so when you use coffee you need less asprin

• +1
Reactions: iam good boy
Twitter said it makes eyes lighter I'm still holding on to that troll

Depends on your aim, for lifespan extension 500 mg is enough. But for say losing fat extremely rapdily, erecticle disfunct, cancer, testosterone boost, cortisol inhibition, mitochondria uncoupling, anti fungal effects, sun protection, iron and lipofuscin scavenging etc the dose differs, also coffee and aspirin synergise so when you use coffee you need less asprin
How much dose for the second thing you mentioned bhaii

• JFL
Reactions: BrahminBoss
Twitter said it makes eyes lighter I'm still holding on to that troll
Me and another Peater spread the meme on twitter and on here

• JFL
Reactions: wsada
enjoy tinnitus

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Fgsfds and BrahminBoss
taurine + k2
I like how ray peat tards have these facile 1-line answers to anything and everything. Take this to counteract that and that to counteract this. One of the peatard supplements/medications gave you tinnitus or whatever? Well just take this other thing Haidut told you to take or take more tranny progesterone. And then when that has side effects, take another supplement to counteract that. These people are fucking crazy.

• JFL
Reactions: Songe, One Rep Max, Sushifart and 7 others
I like how ray peat tards have these facile 1-line answers to anything and everything. Take this to counteract that and that to counteract this. One of the peatard supplements/medications gave you tinnitus or whatever? Well just take this other thing Haidut told you to take.
no different than going for an extra session at the gym because u binged

• +1
Reactions: the MOUSE
I like how ray peat tards have these facile 1-line answers to anything and everything. Take this to counteract that and that to counteract this. One of the peatard supplements/medications gave you tinnitus or whatever? Well just take this other thing Haidut told you to take.
434BF641 4D2D 4722 B4E5 7AF010CAA3EB
243549AE 4202 4E19 A0C8 DFA90FE226CB

• JFL
I like how ray peat tards have these facile 1-line answers to anything and everything. Take this to counteract that and that to counteract this. One of the peatard supplements/medications gave you tinnitus or whatever? Well just take this other thing Haidut told you to take or take more tranny progesterone. And then when that has side effects, take another supplement to counteract that. These people are fucking crazy.
NVF Peat

• JFL
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: the MOUSE, Loveland, BrahminBoss and 1 other person
I like how all the muh Nietzschean "might makes right" ancient warrior masculinity LARP BAPtards latched onto the musings of some lysenkoist pencilneck weirdo who wants them to take female hormones
Ur dead bhai (( they )) send their regards

33FFCD08 7225 423D 91C5 13665D0EAEC7

• JFL
if that is true then it would fix baldness

• +1
i take white willow bark everyday, this one:

should i replace it for aspirin?

Why would u wanna extend your life in this cruel world

• JFL
No anti-aging for your face bhai

the eca stack mogs

• +1

Ah yes let me take my daily Aspirin so I can live until 240 years

Will 75 mg do anything

• +1