Averageness is so fucking important and underrated in the PSL community

BonesAndHarmony

BonesAndHarmony

Taking a break from the autism
Can't believe the PSL community is not aware of the averagenesspill.

In 1990, one of the first computer-based photographic attractiveness rating studies was conducted. During this year psychologists Langlois and Roggman wanted to systematically examine whether mathematical averageness is linked with facial attractiveness.[1][2][3][12][13][14][15] To test this, they selected photographs of 192 young male and female Caucasian faces; each of which was computer scanned and digitized. They then made computer-processed composites of each image, as 2-, 4-, 8-, 16-, and 32-face composites, averaged by pixel. These faces, as well as the component faces, were rated for attractiveness by 300 judges on a 5-point Likert scale (1 = very unattractive, 5 = very attractive). The 32-composite face was the most visually attractive of all the faces.
Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Averageness

The more faces you add the more attractive the resulting face.
This explains many things. For one why attractive people have their ratios approaching the golden ratio.
220px Jessica Alba Face Proportions

This means the ideal IPD is 46% of your facial widht and the distance between your pupils and center of mouth has to be 36% of your face height.
I measured this with Lachowski and he fulfills both paremeters.
This is a brutal Blackpill, think about it. It means that only a lucky few have mathematically speaking the privilege of good looks since you need a lot of people with different facial features, shapes, ratios, etc, to create averageness (Inb4 ''water is wet'') while the vast majority of the population is condemended to a life of subpar looks.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: LampPostPrime, Danish_Retard, AscendingHero and 21 others
Just be average bro theory

Just be average bro theory
Average looks =/= averageness
This is probably what PSLers subconsciously mean with harmony

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime, Danish_Retard, AscendingHero and 20 others
1881.jpg

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot and Nosecel

In 1990, one of the first computer-based photographic attractiveness rating studies was conducted. During this year psychologists Langlois and Roggman wanted to systematically examine whether mathematical averageness is linked with facial attractiveness.[1][2][3][12][13][14][15] To test this, they selected photographs of 192 young male and female Caucasian faces; each of which was computer scanned and digitized. They then made computer-processed composites of each image, as 2-, 4-, 8-, 16-, and 32-face composites, averaged by pixel. These faces, as well as the component faces, were rated for attractiveness by 300 judges on a 5-point Likert scale (1 = very unattractive, 5 = very attractive). The 32-composite face was the most visually attractive of all the faces.

This explains many things. For one why attractive people have their ratios approaching the golden ratio.
View attachment 358057
This means the ideal IPD is 46% of your facial widht and the distance between your pupils and center of mouth has to be 36% of your face height.
This is a brutal Blackpill, think about it. It means that only a lucky few have mathematically speaking the privilege of good looks since you need a lot of people with different facial features, shapes, etc, to create averageness (Inb4 ''water is wet'') while the vast majority of the population is condemended to a life of subpar looks.

yeah no shit, you want ratios within the average but your features should be ideally striking

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish
What is that lmao? Has nothing to do with OP. Averageness is a hypothetical face that results from the combination of many different faces. Averageness =/= average looking
yeah no shit, you want ratios within the average but your features should be ideally striking
Your features shouldn't be too alien looking or sophisticated though, in other words within average. There is a reason Lachowski is considered so good looking without him having super hunter eyes and mega bone structure.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3195
What is that lmao? Has nothing to do with OP. Averageness is a hypothetical face that results from the combination of many different faces. Averageness =/= average looking

Your features shouldn't be too alien looking or sophisticated though, in other words within average. There is a reason Lachowski is considered so good looking without him having super hunter eyes and mega bone structure.
Which would be extremely average. Falling perfectly into the extreme theory.

Exactly.
That's why that alien-looking Barrett guy that's worshipped here has little IRL appeal. His features are too "extreme".
People with more "normal" features like Lachowski or Cavill mog tbh

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LampPostPrime, AscendingHero, MiroslavBulldosex and 8 others
Exactly.
That's why that alien-looking Barrett guy that's worshipped here has little IRL appeal. His features are too "extreme".
People with more "normal" features like Lachowski or Cavill mog tbh
Finally someone gets it

• +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime, AscendingHero, MiroslavBulldosex and 2 others
cope pitt brekas many psl measurments and rules but he mogs all

• +1
Reactions: Kingkellz and randomvanish
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and randomvanish
Cope, Pitt has ideal ratios
he has ideal fhwr midface and ipd yes i would agree those are very important but some of his features arent good psl wise like
eyebrows
jaw width
maxilla
nose is kinda strange
smallilsh chin

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and randomvanish
he has ideal fhwr midface and ipd yes i would agree those are very important but some of his features arent good psl wise like
eyebrows
jaw width
maxilla
nose is kinda strange
smallilsh chin
He has god tier eye area and overall good ratios, strong jaw and chin is ok

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, AscendingHero, PubertyMaxxer and 1 other person
He has god tier eye area and overall good ratios, strong jaw and chin is ok
this is my favorite pic to show off his eye area

fucking god like hopefully i come close after pittmaxxing

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero

View attachment 358057
This is a brutal Blackpill, think about it. It means that only a lucky few have mathematically speaking the privilege of good looks since you need a lot of people with different facial features, shapes, ratios, etc, to create averageness (Inb4 ''water is wet'') while the vast majority of the population is condemended to a life of subpar looks.
Having all around avergae features automatically makes you above avergae,most people have 3+ failos

Having all around avergae features automatically makes you above avergae,most people have 3+ failos
Averageness is when you combine different faces. Imagine overlapping different pics of faces over each other like this:
Average of two faces 2

If you do this experiment with many faces you end up getting a Chad face. It works because some people have a super long face, others have a short face, some people have a wide face, others have a narrow face. When you combine them you end up getting a balanced face: not too wide, not too narrow, not too long, not too short, etc.

• +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime, Danish_Retard, AscendingHero and 3 others
Legit
That’s “harmony” basically

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Cope
Averageness is when you combine different faces. Imagine overlapping different pics of faces over each other like this:
View attachment 359162
If you do this experiment with many faces you end up getting a Chad face. It works because some people have a super long face, others have a short face, some people have a wide face, others have a narrow face. When you combine them you end up getting a balanced face: not too wide, not too narrow, not too long, not too short, etc.
Are the most ideal ratios the most average ones? Can we measure Averageness with our Ratios?

Harmony is everything, striking features fail in comparison

gay alien is ideal

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Chadelite, Dionysus, LostYouth and 3 others
Averageness = Average Ratios right? @BonesAndHarmony

I doubt ideal fwhr is average though

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, 5'8manlet and randomvanish
It might be important but how the fuck we can apply this theory to our lives.
What do you expect from us ? Let's say we gonna get surgeries to be better looking. How the fuck we can predict and apply to choose this theory?

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
Yeah bro, just be an average Chad

cope, with "averageness" you dont have the unique striking features you need to be considered very attractive

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12611 and PjSon
Are the most ideal ratios the most average ones? Can we measure Averageness with our Ratios?
Some important ratios are skull height/byzygomatic widht (has to be 1.61, Chico has it by the way), ES ratio of ideally 0.46, etc. My hypothesis is that in nature faces are ''designed'' according to the golden ratio (=1.61) , however people' s ratios diverge from it in some way or another, for example some people have a skull height/byzigomatic ratio of 1.5, others of 1.7, but if you combine all the faces of the world the ratio of the resulting face is 1.61.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Looks234 and PubertyMaxxer
Some important ratios are skull height/byzygomatic widht (has to be 1.61, Chico has it by the way), ES ratio of ideally 0.46, etc. My hypothesis is that in nature faces are ''designed'' according to the golden ratio (=1.61) , however people' s ratios diverge from it in some way or another, for example some people have a skull height/byzigomatic ratio of 1.5, others of 1.7, but if you combine all the faces of the world the ratio of the resulting face is 1.61.
So basically Averageness is about the (golden) Ratios?

cope, with "averageness" you dont have the unique striking features you need to be considered very attractive
Lachowski is literally the prime example of averageness/harmony...

• +1
Reactions: Looks234
So basically Averageness is about the (golden) Ratios?
Not only ratios, features too. This is why people always say that Chads look like each other

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Looks234, Deleted member 3195 and 1 other person
Lachowski is literally the prime example of averageness/harmony...
No he is not, he has average ratios or whatever but he has a unique striking eye area, good cheekbones, good jaw
Maxresdefault

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12611 and PjSon
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, AscendingHero, chadpreetcel123 and 3 others
fucking over for my 0.41 ES ratio

Your main problem is your face is too wide

yeah but even when I make my face taller to offset the facial width to an extent, my ES ratio just messes it all up. For instance look at this morph of me where, among other things, I morphed my lower third. First picture is original and second picture is the morph of it. (Bizygomatic width didn’t change.)

Attachments

• FC311461-41E5-45B3-8307-09F3C42A2FCB.jpeg
    FC311461-41E5-45B3-8307-09F3C42A2FCB.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 63DEE138-09AE-488F-86CB-20B8AED46907.jpeg
    63DEE138-09AE-488F-86CB-20B8AED46907.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 54
No he is not, he has average ratios or whatever but he has a unique striking eye area, good cheekbones, good jaw
View attachment 359414
The reason Chico is loved is here though is because his features work so well together. When we think of striking eye area/good cheekbones, we usually reference O'Pry or Erisken. Good jaw, we usually reference Pitt. Chico looks "average" in comparison to them because his features are balanced.

The reason Chico is loved is here though is because his features work so well together. When we think of striking eye area/good cheekbones, we usually reference O'Pry or Erisken. Good jaw, we usually reference Pitt. Chico looks "average" in comparison to them because his features are balanced.
ur right about the first part, but his eye area is still striking and he jawmogs pitt easily
Tumblr le1tz6ed6z1qd9xs3o1 1280 jpg
Chico2

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 12611, LostYouth and 1 other person
yeah but even when I make my face taller to offset the facial width to an extent, my ES ratio just messes it all up. For instance look at this morph of me where, among other things, I morphed my lower third. First picture is original and second picture is the morph of it. (Bizygomatic width didn’t change.)
Because you have to reduce your bizygomatic widht, probably impossible except if you are a fatcel

Because you have to reduce your bizygomatic widht, probably impossible except if you are a fatcel

Lateral zygomatic reduction is pretty popular in Asian countries (and even Eppley performs it). It can reduce bizygomatic width by 1 cm fairly easily. If I got it (and had my bizygomatic width reduced by 1 cm) my ES ratio would be 0.44 (0.41 right now). But the surgery has some aesthetic risks that I’m not willing to take on.

Lateral zygomatic reduction is pretty popular in Asian countries (and even Eppley performs it). It can reduce bizygomatic width by 1 cm fairly easily. If I got it (and had my bizygomatic width reduced by 1 cm) my ES ratio would be 0.44 (0.41 right now). But the surgery has some aesthetic risks that I’m not willing to take on.
Would actually ascend you, what is your skull height and bizygomatic widht in cm?

• +1
good thread

• JFL
Reactions: LostYouth and Deleted member 2227
  • +1
Reactions: randomvanish
It might be important but how the fuck we can apply this theory to our lives.
What do you expect from us ? Let's say we gonna get surgeries to be better looking. How the fuck we can predict and apply to choose this theory?
this.

Isnt pitts fwhr for example way above average and thus bad?
Averageness plays a very important role in making a face attractive but it's not the only factor. Dimorphism is important too. Also Pitt has very good ratios

• +1
ill do some research

• +1
Would actually ascend you, what is your skull height and bizygomatic widht in cm?

not sure about skull height but my bizygomatic width is roughly 15.2 cm (and IPD is roughly 6.2-6.3 cm). Midface ratio is ~1. ES ratio is ~0.41. FWHR I think is ~2.1.