Avoid IGF-1 LR3 for Height?: IGF-1 Variants May NOT Be As Effective For HEIGHTMAXING as they seem!

enchanted_elixir

enchanted_elixir

Offline. Verify all of my claims & DYOR!
Here's what I'll say, after researching this.

IGF-1 DES barely binds to all IGFBPs (these proteins tell IGF-1 in the blood where to go, regulate bioavailability and half life), so it'll just immediately attach to IGF-1 receptors near the injection site and not really go anywhere else.

IGF-1 LR3 doesn't really bind well to certain IGFBPs like IGFBP-3, so it basically won't really be transported to growth plates or other sources of long bone cartilage.

Receptor Grade IGF-1 LR3 is basically a more pure and slightly enhanced IGF-1 LR3, but since it's LR3, it can't really bind to certain IGFBPs like IGFBP-3.

My verdict, as far as my current knowledge goes:
  • DES is only good if you can actually inject it directly on your growth plates in each leg. Good luck at not causing uneven growth or injecting in sore spots everyday.
  • LR3 is not as effective because it won't really be transported to growth plates. The IGFBPs it does respond to makes it more conducive to muscle growth than chondrogenesis it seems.

I think endogenous IGF-1 is for the win here since it's responsive to every IGFBPs.

Explained simply: First explanation

Imagine IGF-1 is like a delivery package, and IGFBPs are GPS devices attached to it.
These GPS devices tell the package where to go in the body.

• DES is like a faulty GPS: It barely works, so the package just sticks to the first stop (injection site) and doesn't reach other important locations like growth plates. This can lead to uneven or localized growth, like one leg growing faster than the other.
  • LR3 is like a GPS with some missing maps: It can't find certain places like growth plates because those maps are missing (weak binding to IGFBP-3). So, it mostly goes to different destinations like muscles, which might make you stronger but not necessarily taller.
  • Receptor Grade LR3 is like an upgraded LR3: It's a bit cleaner and faster, but still has the same missing maps problem.
  • Endogenous IGF-1 is like a perfect GPS: It has all the maps and can reach all the important places, including growth plates, muscles, and other organs. This is why it's the best natural option for healthy growth.

Remember:
  • Messing with these GPS devices (using IGF-1 variants) can be risky and unpredictable. It's like tinkering with your phone's GPS - you might end up lost or in the wrong place!
  • The safest and most effective way to grow is to let your body do its own thing naturally, with good exercise, healthy eating, and enough sleep. This helps your body make its own perfect GPS (IGF-1) for optimal growth.

Explained simply: Second explanation

Imagine IGF-1 as a delivery truck:

• It carries important molecules (like growth signals) to different parts of the body.
  • IGFBPs are like traffic lights: They tell the truck where to go and how long to stay.
  • Receptors are like buildings: When the truck reaches the right building, it delivers its cargo (growth signals) to help it grow.
Now, let's compare the different versions of IGF-1:

• DES: This truck has a busted GPS! It can't read the traffic lights (IGFBPs) well, so it just stops at the first building it sees (closest receptor). That's not good for bone growth, because it only delivers signals near the injection site, not to those far-away growth plates in your legs.
  • LR3: This truck has a slightly better GPS, but it still can't read some traffic lights (like IGFBP-3). So, it gets stuck in the muscle building area (other receptors) and doesn't reach the growth plate buildings as well as it should.
  • Receptor Grade LR3: This is like a fancy upgrade of the LR3 truck. It's cleaner and more efficient, but it still has the same problem with the GPS. It might be a bit better than regular LR3, but it still won't reach the growth plates as effectively as...
  • Endogenous IGF-1: This is the original, well-maintained truck! It has a perfect GPS and can read all the traffic lights (IGFBPs) perfectly. It delivers its cargo (growth signals) exactly where they need to go, including those important growth plate buildings in your legs.
The verdict:

• DES: Bad idea. It's like trying to navigate a new city without a map – you'll end up lost and in the wrong place. Only worth it of you can inject directly in your growth plates.
  • LR3: Not ideal. It'll prefer to help with other things like muscle growth than height. It will increase IGF-1 in for height, but most of its energy will go to other things like muscle growth, etc.
  • Receptor Grade LR3: Slightly better than LR3, but still not the best option. Same problems as LR3.
  • Endogenous IGF-1: The clear winner! It's safe, effective, and delivers the growth signals exactly where your body needs them.

Explained simply: Third explanation

Imagine your body is a bustling city, and IGF-1 is a delivery driver carrying essential packages for growth and repair.

• IGFBPs are the traffic cops patrolling the city: Their job is to direct IGF-1 drivers to the right destinations, ensuring that growth happens in a controlled and balanced way.
  • Regular IGF-1 is a law-abiding driver: It follows the cops' instructions, patiently waiting at red lights and taking the designated routes to reach important growth areas like bones and muscles.

But some IGF-1 variants are a bit rebellious:

• DES is like a reckless driver: It speeds through red lights and ignores traffic cops, causing chaos and delivering all it's packages at the first place (or places) it lands. This can lead to uneven growth and unwanted effects in random areas.
  • LR3 is like a driver with a fake GPS: It has a faulty GPS that tends to dislike certain checkpoints (like growth plates) because it evades certain IGFBPs like IGFBP-3. This means it often ends up delivering most of it's packages (IGF-1) to other places instead, focusing more on strength than height. It sometimes delivers IGF-1 to growth plates but much less than the heightmaxer wants.

My Final Sayings:

If we could find injectable raw IGF-1 (not the variants) or a variant specifically and/or only responsive to IGFBPs that help with height (ex. IGFBP-3), that'd be great.

Besides that, it's blast HGH (or some other GH agonist), get all of our micronutrients, and consume an insane amount of animal protein (eggs, meat, milk, dairy, etc.) to maximize endogenous IGF-1.

Protip: Vitamin D helps increase IGFBP-3.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: lightskinbengali, Sny, Deleted member 29747 and 3 others
Absolutely brutal.

Then what should I take nigga?

• +1
Reactions: hattrick
So take Increlex?

Solid thread. I agree with all your points overall. Not sure why you gave three different explanations tho lmao.
DES is only good if you can actually inject it directly on your growth plates in each leg. Good luck at not causing uneven growth or injecting in sore spots everyday.
Can be injected intra articularly into the knee joint, although painful and tedious, not at all worth the hassle.
I think endogenous IGF-1 is for the win here since it's responsive to every IGFBPs.
Have you researched incrilex at all? I believe it to be the most effective form of IGF for heightmaxing, although I still think HGH is a much better choice.

One more thing - the risk of unwanted growth in the body (such as cancers) is much higher with IGF1 specifically LR3 than it is with HGH injections. Just something to note.

So take Increlex?
Incrilex in my opinion is the most effective form of IGF for heightmaxing. Its also the most utilized in all medical studies attempting to treat short stature, which further supports its efficacy. However I still believe HGH is a much better choice.

• Love it
Reactions: MaestheticMaso
Solid thread. I agree with all your points overall. Not sure why you gave three different explanations tho lmao.

Can be injected intra articularly into the knee joint, although painful and tedious, not at all worth the hassle.

Have you researched incrilex at all? I believe it to be the most effective form of IGF for heightmaxing, although I still think HGH is a much better choice.

One more thing - the risk of unwanted growth in the body (such as cancers) is much higher with IGF1 specifically LR3 than it is with HGH injections. Just something to note.
Incrilex is ridiculously expensive, that's the issue. Not even sure if UGL ones are legit

• +1
Reactions: barnmatrix
I am assuming this is the reason why Increlex isn't even heavily used for height growth even in studies, only for very specific IGF-1 variant deficiency diseases. So if you have an issue where no matter how much HGH you are taking, your IGF-1 levels won't rise after a certain point, IGF-1 LR3 can be useful as it could be an indication that you possibly have an issue at your receptor.

• +1
Reactions: barnmatrix
Solid thread. I agree with all your points overall. Not sure why you gave three different explanations tho lmao
In case people didn't understand one of them.

Incrilex in my opinion is the most effective form of IGF for heightmaxing. Its also the most utilized in all medical studies attempting to treat short stature, which further supports its efficacy. However I still believe HGH is a much better choice.
Oh ok I actually saw it before, just as Mecasermin, not increlex.

I am assuming this is the reason why Increlex isn't even heavily used for height growth even in studies, only for very specific IGF-1 variant deficiency diseases. So if you have an issue where no matter how much HGH you are taking, your IGF-1 levels won't rise after a certain point, IGF-1 LR3 can be useful as it could be an indication that you possibly have an issue at your receptor.
Good point yeah. Thats pretty much why anyone using HGH should be testing their liver health because that is a factor that can dictate the igf response from the hgh dose.

Good point yeah. Thats pretty much why anyone using HGH should be testing their liver health because that is a factor that can dictate the igf response from the hgh dose.
Do you know how I can test liver health? Would I need to test every single thing cause I’m pretty sure there’s a ton of tests you can do like enzyme or something I’m not sure

Not to be a bummy graycel who doesn’t know how to search but, there’s so many new threads everyday disproving stuff bla bla bla.
What gh agonists would work ? Ghrp ?

Also what about injecting igf1-def directly into clavicles or do you guys think they only grow by dht + igf or something like that.

@enchanted_elixir @Osie

Not to be a bummy graycel who doesn’t know how to search but, there’s so many new threads everyday disproving stuff bla bla bla.

Also what about injecting igf1-def directly into clavicles or do you guys think they only grow by dht + igf or something like that.

@enchanted_elixir @Osie
You could inject directly into clavicles if you can administer it properly.

But do you know any good ones I don’t want to be jewed by buying something and finding out it’s doesn’t work
Peptide companies are pretty trustworthy in general.
As with HGH itself, I'm not too fluent on sources, so IDK.

Many people on this forum talk about sourcing their HGH from Qingdao Sigma Co.

• JFL
Reactions: Dystopian
Any of them work. They all boost GH.
Also never injected but I’m assuming injecting into growth plates is basiclaly impossible
Peptide companies are pretty trustworthy in general.
As with HGH itself, I'm not too fluent on sources, so IDK.

Many people on this forum talk about sourcing their HGH from Qingdao Sigma Co.
My problem with hgh is how can I put like a billion vials in my fridge, maybe I can do like 5 in my fridge but I’ll get it confiscated if I do more.
I’m probably going to look into ghrp or whatever they are or maybe just go with mk 677

Also never injected but I’m assuming injecting into growth plates is basiclaly impossible
I'd find it extremely difficult to properly administer, but with GH or GH peptides, you don't have to.
Just inject it subcutaneously or intravenously and you'll be fine.

My problem with hgh is how can I put like a billion vials in my fridge, maybe I can do like 5 in my fridge but I’ll get it confiscated if I do more.
I’m probably going to look into ghrp or whatever they are or maybe just go with mk 677
Maybe you could get a mini-fridge or cooler and put ice in it daily alongside a thermometer

• +1
Reactions: Tallest person here
Increlex is good for height Maxxing accept no one here can afford it, when I was starting my height Maxxing journey and going through old threads here, I heard of one guy who moneymaxxed and was able to afford it. But no one here can afford it, it’s super expensive, and I had a source for it but it got compromised, so good luck trying to find a real source

• +1
Reactions: Tallest person here
Increlex is good for height Maxxing accept no one here can afford it, when I was starting my height Maxxing journey and going through old threads here, I heard of one guy who moneymaxxed and was able to afford it. But no one here can afford it, it’s super expensive, and I had a source for it but it got compromised, so good luck trying to find a real source
I found a source from Google, don't know if it's legit. It's $550.

I'd find it extremely difficult to properly administer, but with GH or GH peptides, you don't have to.
Just inject it subcutaneously or intravenously and you'll be fine.
What gh peptides work best ? I am currently using ghrp2 , was going to cycle hex, kinda wanted to try cjc too

I found a source from Google, don't know if it's legit. It's $550.
Seems kinda sus, 550 for 10 mg is too low it’s usually 1000 for 10 mg

Do you know how I can test liver health? Would I need to test every single thing cause I’m pretty sure there’s a ton of tests you can do like enzyme or something I’m not sure
You can do it with a simple blood test. You can ask your doctor or pay for it out of pocket.

@enchanted_elixir @Osie

Well, this post dosen't disprove that IGF-1 LR3 doesn't work for height, it just may not be as effective as we think for frame growth. However, this is just a theoretical post, and you'd need to go through studies or use it yourself to make an actual conclusion!

Well, this post dosen't disprove that IGF-1 LR3 doesn't work for height, it just may not be as effective as we think for frame growth. However, this is just a theoretical post, and you'd need to go through studies or use it yourself to make an actual conclusion!
I do have experience with IGF-1 LR3, it make my muscles noticeably bigger, no effort.
It also lowered blood sugar and blood pressure.
Not much else though.

• +1
Reactions: Dystopian
I do have experience with IGF-1 LR3, it make my muscles noticeably bigger, no effort.
It also lowered blood sugar and blood pressure.
Not much else though.
if you do use it for your heightmaxxing let us know how it goes

Also, there's a lot of info online to support that IGF-1 LR3 doesn't bind too well to IGFBP-3 certain other IGF binding proteins.

• +1
Reactions: diamondbill
if you do use it for your heightmaxxing let us know how it goes
I did use it for heightmaxing, for like 4-6 days until it was thrown away by someone else hahah.
Don't have enough time using it to tell you it's impact on heightmaxing, but the fact it worked so quickly on my muscles + this information leads me to believe the IGF-1 is being mostly used for muscles at the expense of longitudinal growth.

• +1
I did use it for heightmaxing, for like 4-6 days until it was thrown away by someone else hahah.
Don't have enough time using it to tell you it's impact on heightmaxing, but the fact it worked so quickly on my muscles + this information leads me to believe the IGF-1 is being mostly used for muscles at the expense of longitudinal growth.
probably the effect of LR3 just binding to the first receptors it sees and stimulating muscle growth, since injections are delievered into either tissue near muscles or directly into muscle depending on how you injected it (this is assuming u know for sure ur growth plates are open, if they are closed this will happen with normal IGF anyway). The only way i see of IGF LR3/DES being delievered to growth plates is by IO injection directly into them but this is just pratically impossible because:
1) IO injection is fucking painfull, after it is usually followed by lidocaine and fentanyl if they are running fluids through it
2) We dont know the dose of IGF required to stimulate growth at the location of growth plates, so you would either be oversaturating it and causing resistance or not doing enough
3) You would need to do this at all growth plates

probably the effect of LR3 just binding to the first receptors it sees and stimulating muscle growth, since injections are delievered into either tissue near muscles or directly into muscle depending on how you injected it (this is assuming u know for sure ur growth plates are open, if they are closed this will happen with normal IGF anyway). The only way i see of IGF LR3/DES being delievered to growth plates is by IO injection directly into them but this is just pratically impossible because:
1) IO injection is fucking painfull, after it is usually followed by lidocaine and fentanyl if they are running fluids through it
2) We dont know the dose of IGF required to stimulate growth at the location of growth plates, so you would either be oversaturating it and causing resistance or not doing enough
3) You would need to do this at all growth plates
I already described the mechanism of LR3. When it's in the bloodstream, it has a bias towards certain cell types.
It doesn't just bind towards the first receptors it sees.

That's what IGF-1 DES does.

DES might offer more immediate but short-lived effects due to its rapid dissociation from IGFBPs, limiting its utitily overall. LR3's longer half-life may provide more prolonged systemic exposure, which could theoretically support more sustained growth phases, but its reduced affinity for certain IGFBPs might limit its effectiveness.

DES might offer more immediate but short-lived effects due to its rapid dissociation from IGFBPs, limiting its utitily overall. LR3's longer half-life may provide more prolonged systemic exposure, which could theoretically support more sustained growth phases, but its reduced affinity for certain IGFBPs might limit its effectiveness.
Yeah, this basically.

• +1
It's not even "might", it's just flat-out limits effectiveness.

• +1
Hgh/increlex or cope, water

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29747
I already described the mechanism of LR3. When it's in the bloodstream, it has a bias towards certain cell types.
It doesn't just bind towards the first receptors it sees.

That's what IGF-1 DES does.
which studies are you getting this info off? Im trying to find them and all I can find is product descriptions on peptide websites, which arent gonna be the best source of info. Found a few studies but they seem to measuring other stuff.

It’s not worth it it imo unless you a taking increlex, @barnmatrix said it was a cancer speed run I don’t remember why though

IGF-1 also doesn't last in your body as long as HGH does and it's more expensive.

which studies are you getting this info off? Im trying to find them and all I can find is product descriptions on peptide websites, which arent gonna be the best source of info. Found a few studies but they seem to measuring other stuff.

information about IGF-1 DES and its selective binding to receptors in the bloodstream, as well as its reduced affinity for IGFBPs is general knowledge

Last edited:
information about IGF-1 DES and its selective binding to receptors in the bloodstream, as well as its reduced affinity for IGFBPs is general knowledge
the reduced affinity is general knowledge however it is still good to provide sources when discussing this

Used A.I. to research this mostly. Studies and peptide sites both support this though

Search up "IGF-1 LR3 and IGFBP-3 binding" or ask Google Bard or ChatGPT or GPT-4 and ask about it.

• +1
Reactions: lightskinbengali and Deleted member 49130