Bad submental region caused by the hyoid bone position

Nanocel

Nanocel

i do be kinda ldarin tho 😳
I've seen a lot of threads addressing issues with the submental region but i can't find one where the different causes for a suboptimal submental-cervical angle (usually what people think of when referring to a bad submental region)
Angle
are properly differentiated ,resulting in proposed looksmaxing methods to be sometimes inconsistent with the specified scenario. I've lurked around and found something that helped me classify those problems in two groups.
Groups
The first group could be generalized with the case of Person A, the reasons for his poor submental region are likely be sagging skin and/or muscle tissue ,perhaps even excess fat and a typical necklift and/or liposuction procedure could improve the area significantly since the hyoid bone is still relatively deep and high set :
Result1

But in the case of person b the results of those types of procedures won't yield a satisfying result because even if the issues with the excess/sagging skin/fat/muscle tissues are resolved , the position of the hyoid bone doesn't allow the area to improve much, the angle will still be obtuse and the visible length of the mandible will still not be enough :
Result21
So the main question that still remains for me is ,whether or not there is a procedure that could fix exactly that issue, is there anything that could improve the position of the bone? (i know that fixing other issues that are worsening that region could result in significant improvement such as fixing a recessed chin/mandible , improving chin length , but that's not what i'm asking here)

• +1
Reactions: PrisonMike
It does makes sense and the test is legit but there are plenty of cases with people having average and even below average projection and decent hyoid positioning ( most young women are that way tbh but i might be blind) and people with decent projection and below average positioning- in their case simulating projection through surgery might even result in a looksmin, that's why i was asking for procedures focusing on the hyoid bone's position.

You just need space to put your tongue, its not some medical mystery. Surgery on the hyoid would be treating the symptom of the problem of lack of mouth space. If you have a low hyoid stick out your tongue to see where it needs to go.

You just need space to put your tongue, its not some medical mystery. Surgery on the hyoid would be treating the symptom of the problem of lack of mouth space. If you have a low hyoid stick out your tongue to see where it needs to go.
Tongue positioning does indeed help bringing the hyoid up but it's depth and thus mandibular length are likely to stay the same. Also even with enough space the tongue can't stay constantly at the front of the mouth, unless you plan on never chewing or talking for the rest of your life jfl

my hyoid is so low. I hate it.

It does makes sense and the test is legit but there are plenty of cases with people having average and even below average projection and decent hyoid positioning ( most young women are that way tbh but i might be blind) and people with decent projection and below average positioning- in their case simulating projection through surgery might even result in a looksmin, that's why i was asking for procedures focusing on the hyoid bone's position.
Yeh idk why most women have amazing hyoids