Bands apparently DO NOT recess maxilla

KrissKross

KrissKross

Roped
It was long thought that elastic bands on braces caused the maxilla to come back, however speaking to an orthodontist, apparently the force is not strong enough to move the upper jaw back.
Life motherfucking FUEL

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: Luke LLL and Bewusst
JFL @ Believing those cockroaches

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: depressionmaxxing, OldRooster, Reoa and 11 others
They're able to.

I had retractions, used braces for long time: my face was still ok. As soon as I put those motherfkingn bands it all went downhill.

I noticed the changes immediately and she herself admitted that she knew it was going to change my zygos and maxilla but "it's how the procedure must be done".

I never came back after that day and here I am doing braces myself trying to reverse some damage.

Last edited:
  • So Sad
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: fingoliansubhuman, IWantToMax, Ruby and 5 others
They're able to.

I had retractions, used braces for long time: my face was still ok. As soon as I put those motherfkingn bands it all went downhill.

I noticed the changes immediately and she herself admitted that she knew it was going to change my zygos and maxilla but "it's how the procedure must be done".

I never came back after that day and here I am doing braces myself trying to reverse some damage.
It really is criminal what they do tbh
Orthodontists deserve to be deployed to Iran and used for cannon fodder

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: fingoliansubhuman, RecessedChinCel, CristianT and 8 others
They're able to.

Thank God for my spaced out high T teeth, will not wear braces after reading these horror stories on this site

• Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and RAITEIII
Lmfao I hardly wore my rubber bands, they were just a pain in the ass to put on and wear so I hardly wore them, I had braces for over 3 years just because I wouldn’t wear them and they were hoping I would eventually shape up, eventually they saw I wasn’t going to ever wear them consistently and just said fuck it and took them off jfl

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: CristianT
never believe in an orthodontist

• +1
Reactions: KDA Player
JFL at believing a SINGLE word that comes out of a jewtodontists mouth

• +1
Reactions: chaddyboi66, CristianT, Hector and 1 other person
i had braces and that rubber band shit too but my maxilla and my jaw is not recessed at all (maybe i was just lucky that i had to wear them for just 1 year)
well but i remember a dude i was friends with who had braces for 3 years but he had the skull of a god i think every body responds different to braces

This and similar PSL websites have to be the most unreliable source for anything related to orthodontics.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3583 and Deleted member 2846
I wore them all the time and my maxilla is forward grown as fuck

They're able to.

Are you going to be doing facepull?

You guys are fucking retarded. Bands fix malocclusions and even Mike Mew says malocclusion is a source of bad facial development faggots

They're able to.

Here I am in 2024, using braces. They fucked me completely and fucked my facial structure. Don't forget that I am not able to chew any hard food, which means my jaw muscles are fucked too.

retarded elitists who want nothing but money ngl

Here I am in 2024, using braces. They fucked me completely and fucked my facial structure. Don't forget that I am not able to chew any hard food, which means my jaw muscles are fucked too.

retarded elitists who want nothing but money ngl
If you need braces your face was already fucked up before that. Don't blame the braces. They're just a nonoptimal solution to a problem

If you need braces your face was already fucked up before that. Don't blame the braces. They're just a nonoptimal solution to a problem
Maybe you are right, but I released the difference over time, and it turned out my jaw is getting weaker than before and my face is getting somehow worse.