Barber or waiter?

D

Deleted member 13626

Retired
Both of these seem rather easy to achieve and can have good payment. if you're a barber you can make your own schedule as well and earn better in a short period of time than someone who studies most of his life and spends so much money on college etc. Being a gl waiter seems like a halo for me, but i don't know if it really has benefits, like tips etc

I'm just 18 for context, i'm financially stable since my parents live in the countryside where they have good conditions and i have 1 apartment for myself in the city, even 2 cars, but it's the familys car (but i don't have a license yet). So it's not like i gotta worry about rent, transportation etc. And i'm sure as hell i'm not gonna starve to death or anything

Just want a job where i don't work most of my life and barely have any time left. Imagine working like 8 hours a day or smth every day and only getting to rest on sundays, maybe saturdays if you're lucky. 0 free time, you'll spend the weekend just resting and stress slowly building up

I want a job but have free time to go to the gym, socialize etc and so on. For the time being, i just want a job so i don't rely on my parents, then as i get older i will interest myself in other ways to make money

Last edited:
Assuming you are in America waiters would probably make more in tips if you can get into an upscale steakhouse but barbers probably make more on average. Depends on if you really have an eye for aesthetics or you are just going to give people undercuts. Also as a waiter you are going to be working while everyone is partying.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13626
Assuming you are in America waiters would probably make more in tips if you can get into an upscale steakhouse but barbers probably make more on average. Depends on if you really have an eye for aesthetics or you are just going to give people undercuts
I'm european. I'm crazy when it comes to hair, i'm obessing over it , including mine and constantly thinking about other people's haircut and what style would they benefit from.

But it seems kinda hard to be a good barber ngl, u do have to get good tools and learn etc but hair is satisfying to cut properly, including shaping my stubble and having your eyebrows done. Do i have ocd or i'm just a perfectionist ? Idk

Become a barber man, over here you pay a tiny fee but they provide you equipment.I have my own clippers but no way will I cross share my clippers with my clients. U need 1200 hours to graduate from barber school, and you get paid by clients along the way as you learn and progress, it’s a win-win. And once you graduate and stand out and have regular clients that trust you, make sure to expand so that your a well known barber around your area. Treat your clients hair as if it’s your own. Check out @douthabarber on ig.

• +1

• +1
Waiter is a shit job. Barber you get respect and decent money.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20097
Might as well become a criminal if those are your two options

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: balding17yomanletcel and Deleted member 13626
Waiter is a shit job. Barber you get respect and decent money.
Why do you think its shit? Salary?

Might as well become a criminal if those are your two options
I have other options, but those include wage cucking where u got no free time, lots of stress, need some kind of diploma etc

I live in ee and its a shithole when it comes to working. Most go to 1st world countries like germany, italy etc, better working conditions, better salaries etc and come back in the country and they're rich

Criminal maxxing is legit. One serial killer here was sentenced to 99 years in prison, got released in 2020 after 22 years, now he's at the beach partying with the money he got from the mayor/townhall :lul:

Laws here are fucked sometimes and prison. So many pimps and they get away, so thanks for the idea :forcedsmile:

• +1
Reactions: FootballPlaya69