Basic Jaw and Midface Osteotomy Guide

SendMePicsToRate

SendMePicsToRate

mogs to the cretaceous period and back
BSSO
  • This is a jaw surgery which focuses purely on the mandible and involves the following movements:
  • The arrows indicate the direction in which the mandible can be moved by the surgeon. This means the jaw can be moved:
    • upwards or downwards
    • forwards along the jaw angle
    • rotated clockwise or counter clockwise
    • sideways.
  • Respectively these will result in the following changes to facial appearance:
    • Decrease in lower third height or increase in lower third height but increase in gonial notch visibility.​
    • Increases mandible length, this is the most thought of reason for getting a BSSO​
    • Rotation clockwise will increase the downswing of the face and is used when a person has too much forward growth, this isn't a very common procedure as it will often risk the chance of medical issues occurring such as sleep apnea​
    • Rotation counter clockwise will increase the upswing of the face​
  • This jaw surgery is often paired with the following surgery a lefort 1 which is then called a bimax​
Lefort 1
  • This is a maxillary surgery which is used to increase the forward growth of the maxilla and can be used to enable different alterations with a BSSO
  • This surgery is often used to slide the maxilla forward and upwards along the lines shown. This generally is paired with a BSSO that is ccw rotated and may produce an effect of visually reducing midface length.
  • This surgery can of course be used to do the opposite and make the face more downswung but it highly unlikely you would need it and a high chance of it throwing off your face as it will make you appear recessed. This may be done if you have a short braci skull and the ratios from your side profile show ample room to move things clockwise.
  • The next surgery can be paired with either of the above movements either to minimize some of the negatives in the cw rotation or to add extra growth in the ccw rotation and that is genioplasty. When done in tandem with the above two surgeries it is called a trimax
Genioplasty:
  • This is a surgery focusing on the chin and can be done on its own or with a combination of other surgeries listed above
  • This surgery improves projection of the chin by sliding the bone mass forward, hence the name sliding genioplasty.
  • The surgeon cannot leave the bone unconnected as shown in this diagram
  • This is why there are multiple cuts for extra advancement in the second diagram
OZSO:
  • This surgery targets the zygomatic arch and the orbital
  • This is different from it's sister surgery a ZSO as it is closer cut to the eye and can increase malar projection in a way that does not leave the region close to the eye untouched, this is especially useful if you have HIGH SET CHEEKBONES VERTICALLY (this does not mean projection it mean vertical position of the malar bone)
  • This as you can tell by the arrows can be used to move in the following directions:
    • Forwards
    • Upwards
    • Into the face
  • This is mainly focused on forward projection of the zygomatic arch and is not always cut the same as the diagram, you will be scanned and the cut will be altered and visualized depending on the surgeon
ZSO:
  • This surgery targets the Zygomatic arch on its own
  • This focuses purely on movement laterally and is used to increase width of the face and projection of the cheekbones laterally
  • This has a sister surgery which reduces cheekbone width and is often used in asian faces and involves breaking, shaving the bone and angling the bone into the face to reduce the prominence of the zygomatic arch
  • This will decrease ES ratio, increase FWHR and the inverse is true for the opposing surgery which I will post movements of next.
Reduction malaroplasty:
Lefort 2:
  • This is a surgery which is significantly more high cut than the lefort 1 procedure and stops short of the malar region but reaches your nasal bridge
  • This increases forward projection of the face if extreme recession is shown in the maxilla and paranasal regions, this is a surgery often only given to those whose quality of life has been affected by poor facial development but I am sure you can find a surgeon who will perform it for cosmetic reasons
  • If it is performed for cosmetic reasons it will need to be done with a BSSO unless you have a poor bite and is being used to also align that.
  • There is less freedom of movement than with a lefort 1 as it deals with significantly more risk than the prior surgery.

Next thread will cover different forms of expansion in both the mandible and maxilla.

@Korea @LooksOrDeath

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Skry, Deleted member 8771, Yashchandra and 36 others
:feelsgood::soy::)

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member and LooksOrDeath
BSSO
  • This is a jaw surgery which focuses purely on the mandible and involves the following movements:
  • The arrows indicate the direction in which the mandible can be moved by the surgeon. This means the jaw can be moved:
    • upwards or downwards
    • sideways.
  • Respectively these will result in the following changes to facial appearance:​
    • Decrease in lower third height or increase in lower third height but increase in gonial notch visibility.​
    • Increases mandible length, this is the most thought of reason for getting a BSSO​
    • Rotation clockwise will increase the downswing of the face and is used when a person has too much forward growth, this isn't a very common procedure as it will often risk the chance of medical issues occurring such as sleep apnea​
  • This jaw surgery is often paired with the following surgery a lefort 1 which is then called a bimax​
Lefort 1
  • This is a maxillary surgery which is used to increase the forward growth of the maxilla and can be used to enable different alterations with a BSSO
  • View attachment 1609156View attachment 1609158
  • This surgery is often used to slide the maxilla forward and upwards along the lines shown. This generally is paired with a BSSO that is ccw rotated and may produce an effect of visually reducing midface length.
  • This surgery can of course be used to do the opposite and make the face more downswung but it highly unlikely you would need it and a high chance of it throwing off your face as it will make you appear recessed. This may be done if you have a short braci skull and the ratios from your side profile show ample room to move things clockwise.
  • The next surgery can be paired with either of the above movements either to minimize some of the negatives in the cw rotation or to add extra growth in the ccw rotation and that is genioplasty. When done in tandem with the above two surgeries it is called a trimax
Genioplasty:
  • This is a surgery focusing on the chin and can be done on its own or with a combination of other surgeries listed above
  • View attachment 1609171View attachment 1609172
  • This surgery improves projection of the chin by sliding the bone mass forward, hence the name sliding genioplasty.
  • View attachment 1609174
  • This is why there are multiple cuts for extra advancement in the second diagram
OZSO:
  • View attachment 1609177
  • This is different from it's sister surgery a ZSO as it is closer cut to the eye and can increase malar projection in a way that does not leave the region close to the eye untouched, this is especially useful if you have HIGH SET CHEEKBONES VERTICALLY (this does not mean projection it mean vertical position of the malar bone)
  • This as you can tell by the arrows can be used to move in the following directions:
    • Forwards
    • Upwards
    • Into the face
  • This is mainly focused on forward projection of the zygomatic arch and is not always cut the same as the diagram, you will be scanned and the cut will be altered and visualized depending on the surgeon
ZSO:
  • View attachment 1609194
  • This focuses purely on movement laterally and is used to increase width of the face and projection of the cheekbones laterally
  • This has a sister surgery which reduces cheekbone width and is often used in asian faces and involves breaking, shaving the bone and angling the bone into the face to reduce the prominence of the zygomatic arch
  • This will decrease ES ratio, increase FWHR and the inverse is true for the opposing surgery which I will post movements of next.
Reduction malaroplasty:
Lefort 2:
  • This is a surgery which is significantly more high cut than the lefort 1 procedure and stops short of the malar region but reaches your nasal bridge
  • View attachment 1609212
  • This increases forward projection of the face if extreme recession is shown in the maxilla and paranasal regions, this is a surgery often only given to those whose quality of life has been affected by poor facial development but I am sure you can find a surgeon who will perform it for cosmetic reasons
  • If it is performed for cosmetic reasons it will need to be done with a BSSO unless you have a poor bite and is being used to also align that.
  • There is less freedom of movement than with a lefort 1 as it deals with significantly more risk than the prior surgery.

Next thread will cover different forms of expansion in both the mandible and maxilla.

@Korea @LooksOrDeath
A bit wrong as to why you should certain things but overall good post. Since the lookism thread is gone many ppl have no clue

• +1
Reactions: BetaGayFace2 and SendMePicsToRate
A bit wrong as to why you should certain things but overall good post.
Mostly doing it from memory as I had been banned for a year tbh, if you spot anything wrong feel free to point it out to refresh me :lul:
Since the lookism thread is gone many ppl have no clue
That is one thing that is irritating lookism had such good resources for this sort of stuff and it is all gone now

• +1
Reactions: Patient A
I need trimax

BSSO
    • upwards or downwards
    • sideways.

• Respectively these will result in the following changes to facial appearance:​

Lefort 1
  • View attachment 1609156View attachment 1609158
Genioplasty:
  • View attachment 1609171View attachment 1609172
  • View attachment 1609174
OZSO:
  • View attachment 1609177
    • Forwards
    • Upwards
    • Into the face
ZSO:
  • View attachment 1609194
Reduction malaroplasty:
Lefort 2:
  • View attachment 1609212

@Korea @LooksOrDeath
thank you, this is a great summary! (y)

Maybe you could also add palate widening procedures...(y)

Mostly doing it from memory as I had been banned for a year tbh, if you spot anything wrong feel free to point it out to refresh me :lul:

That is one thing that is irritating lookism had such good resources for this sort of stuff and it is all gone now
Would probably best to keep the thread simply informative instead of trying to give suggestions like „can be used to shorten the midface“ or should be used on brachy skulls.

It Leads to wrong impressions. People will ask for ccw even tho they need cw after reading this cuz you make cw look bad. Although there isnt good or bad. It’s all just a tool to achieve a good looking outcome

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and SendMePicsToRate
I need trimax
Indeed you do subhuman filth :lul:
thank you, this is a great summary! (y)

Maybe you could also add palate widening procedures...(y)
Was going to talk about the different alternatives for that next thread then it will be eye area probably
Would probably best to keep the thread simply informative instead of trying to give suggestions like „can be used to shorten the midface“ or should be used on brachy skulls.

It Leads to wrong impressions. People will ask for ccw even tho they need cw after reading this cuz you make cw look bad. Although there isnt good or bad. It’s all just a tool to achieve a good looking outcome
That is a fair point, people on this forum aren't exactly the best at deciphering what is meant. Will keep that in mind for future threads.

They are all used for different things tbh, the same way most woud think cheekbone reduction is a negative thing when in reality it is just something for people who do have too much mass or a skull which is too wide

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Patient A and Deleted member 2729
Another looks autist thread I will never read. :ROFLMAO:

Damn, good threads get no love these days.

• +1
Reactions: Buci and AscendingHero
Another looks autist thread I will never read. :ROFLMAO:
A looks autist who mogs you into the ground
Damn, good threads get no love these days.
Imagine my non existent surprise :lul: Looksmax.org is a place to shitpost and to uhhh get put on watch lists

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: aesthetic beauty, AscendingHero, Patient A and 2 others
Imagine my non existent surprise :lul: Looksmax.org is a place to shitpost and to uhhh get put on watch lists
I used to write threads 2x the size of this back to back when I first joined.

Then I realized the true pupose of this website.

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: AscendingHero, Patient A, Anchor_Ship and 2 others
  • JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero, SendMePicsToRate and LooksOrDeath
It's all mentallity bro, you should be so high in PSL he doesn't even think mogging you is possible.
you realise that it's zero we are talking about here

• JFL
Reactions: Korea
  • JFL
Reactions: Korea and LooksOrDeath
  • JFL
Reactions: SendMePicsToRate and LooksOrDeath
Yes, which makes it even more important he knows the mog is too brutal.
SMPTR is 5 psl and white he mogs zero's bengali ass to the cretaceous and back

• +1
I need a Double-Barrell Shotgun Implant, what are the pros and cons of this procedure?

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath
  • JFL
Reactions: SendMePicsToRate
  • +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath
Nice thread 👍🏼
So BSSO if my lower third is small/short ?
Or can a genioplasty also help ?

Yea, I've seen him.

What makes you say only 5 PSL tho?
i dont really remember his face lol what do you rate him?

• +1
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero, Birdcell and SendMePicsToRate

@Birdcell could also consider this if he doesn't want to give up his jaw angle for some god forsaken reason :lul:
It's to low eitherway 100° , so I definitely would benefit from some little downward growth which would automatically make my chin taller

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
I've recommend BSSO to him MULTIPLE TIMES.

Yet, he still wants a chin implant lmao.
Why does that not even surprise me, what does he even look like?
It's to low eitherway 100° , so I definitely would benefit from some little downward growth which would automatically make my chin taller
That is a fair point, as long as you get the end results you want more than anything. You have bones they can work with and have fun with so at least there is that :lul:

• +1
I need a Double-Barrell Shotgun Implant, what are the pros and cons of this procedure?
No cons, you get to reroll your pathetic subhuman existence

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Patient A and Anchor_Ship
Why does that not even surprise me, what does he even look like?

That is a fair point, as long as you get the end results you want more than anything. You have bones they can work with and have fun with so at least there is that :lul:
This is my side profile , more downward growth with a bigger gonial angle and then I have practically ideal jaw tbh

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220327-222104~2.png
    Screenshot_20220327-222104~2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220301-204934~2.png
    Screenshot_20220301-204934~2.png
    1,009.2 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20211206_153319522.jpg
    PXL_20211206_153319522.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
also explain what is genio-pauly that paul coceancig named after it.

This is my side profile , more downward growth with a bigger gonial angle and then I have practically ideal jaw tbh
creation of @thecel

• JFL
Reactions: Birdcell
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: WhiteGoodman
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, WhiteGoodman and SendMePicsToRate
Damn. Don't tell prettyboislime
I hate that rat of course I won't
Very good , instantly much better , even considering that cw rotation would make my ramus little bit shorter , but that's not an issue
It won't even make your ramus shorter if you look at the movements so you don't even have an issue there tbh

• Woah
I hate that rat of course I won't

It won't even make your ramus shorter if you look at the movements so you don't even have an issue there tbh
He said I had potential to be 3.5 PSL if I got rhino tho so is that lifefuel?

• JFL
Reactions: SendMePicsToRate