Basic Jaw and Midface Osteotomy Guide

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish
He said I had potential to be 3.5 PSL if I got rhino tho so is that lifefuel?
Half a psl point is something so
difference between regular genioplasty and genio-pauly, so called other technique
It is designed to tighten muscles underneath your jaw making it easier to breathe and to get better definition and makes your chin more pronounced

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: SendMePicsToRate and Birdcell
he loves forward grown faces and exaggerated inhumane way
If ge gives me the money for 1 bimax and genio I might end up looking like this , dogmaxxed to the fullest
AirBrush 20220213191202

• +1
BSSO
  • This is a jaw surgery which focuses purely on the mandible and involves the following movements:
  • The arrows indicate the direction in which the mandible can be moved by the surgeon. This means the jaw can be moved:
    • upwards or downwards
    • forwards along the jaw angle
    • rotated clockwise or counter clockwise
    • sideways.
  • Respectively these will result in the following changes to facial appearance:​
    • Decrease in lower third height or increase in lower third height but increase in gonial notch visibility.​
    • Increases mandible length, this is the most thought of reason for getting a BSSO​
    • Rotation clockwise will increase the downswing of the face and is used when a person has too much forward growth, this isn't a very common procedure as it will often risk the chance of medical issues occurring such as sleep apnea​
    • Rotation counter clockwise will increase the upswing of the face​
  • This jaw surgery is often paired with the following surgery a lefort 1 which is then called a bimax​
Lefort 1
  • This is a maxillary surgery which is used to increase the forward growth of the maxilla and can be used to enable different alterations with a BSSO
  • View attachment 1609156View attachment 1609158
  • This surgery is often used to slide the maxilla forward and upwards along the lines shown. This generally is paired with a BSSO that is ccw rotated and may produce an effect of visually reducing midface length.
  • This surgery can of course be used to do the opposite and make the face more downswung but it highly unlikely you would need it and a high chance of it throwing off your face as it will make you appear recessed. This may be done if you have a short braci skull and the ratios from your side profile show ample room to move things clockwise.
  • The next surgery can be paired with either of the above movements either to minimize some of the negatives in the cw rotation or to add extra growth in the ccw rotation and that is genioplasty. When done in tandem with the above two surgeries it is called a trimax
Genioplasty:
  • This is a surgery focusing on the chin and can be done on its own or with a combination of other surgeries listed above
  • View attachment 1609171View attachment 1609172
  • This surgery improves projection of the chin by sliding the bone mass forward, hence the name sliding genioplasty.
  • The surgeon cannot leave the bone unconnected as shown in this diagram
  • View attachment 1609174
  • This is why there are multiple cuts for extra advancement in the second diagram
OZSO:
  • This surgery targets the zygomatic arch and the orbital
  • View attachment 1609177
  • This is different from it's sister surgery a ZSO as it is closer cut to the eye and can increase malar projection in a way that does not leave the region close to the eye untouched, this is especially useful if you have HIGH SET CHEEKBONES VERTICALLY (this does not mean projection it mean vertical position of the malar bone)
  • This as you can tell by the arrows can be used to move in the following directions:
    • Forwards
    • Upwards
    • Into the face
  • This is mainly focused on forward projection of the zygomatic arch and is not always cut the same as the diagram, you will be scanned and the cut will be altered and visualized depending on the surgeon
ZSO:
  • This surgery targets the Zygomatic arch on its own
  • View attachment 1609194
  • This focuses purely on movement laterally and is used to increase width of the face and projection of the cheekbones laterally
  • This has a sister surgery which reduces cheekbone width and is often used in asian faces and involves breaking, shaving the bone and angling the bone into the face to reduce the prominence of the zygomatic arch
  • This will decrease ES ratio, increase FWHR and the inverse is true for the opposing surgery which I will post movements of next.
Reduction malaroplasty:
Lefort 2:
  • This is a surgery which is significantly more high cut than the lefort 1 procedure and stops short of the malar region but reaches your nasal bridge
  • View attachment 1609212
  • This increases forward projection of the face if extreme recession is shown in the maxilla and paranasal regions, this is a surgery often only given to those whose quality of life has been affected by poor facial development but I am sure you can find a surgeon who will perform it for cosmetic reasons
  • If it is performed for cosmetic reasons it will need to be done with a BSSO unless you have a poor bite and is being used to also align that.
  • There is less freedom of movement than with a lefort 1 as it deals with significantly more risk than the prior surgery.

Next thread will cover different forms of expansion in both the mandible and maxilla.

@Korea @LooksOrDeath
I thought you were a shit poster tbh, good job.

BSSO
  • This is a jaw surgery which focuses purely on the mandible and involves the following movements:
  • The arrows indicate the direction in which the mandible can be moved by the surgeon. This means the jaw can be moved:
    • upwards or downwards
    • forwards along the jaw angle
    • rotated clockwise or counter clockwise
    • sideways.
  • Respectively these will result in the following changes to facial appearance:​
    • Decrease in lower third height or increase in lower third height but increase in gonial notch visibility.​
    • Increases mandible length, this is the most thought of reason for getting a BSSO​
    • Rotation clockwise will increase the downswing of the face and is used when a person has too much forward growth, this isn't a very common procedure as it will often risk the chance of medical issues occurring such as sleep apnea​
    • Rotation counter clockwise will increase the upswing of the face​
  • This jaw surgery is often paired with the following surgery a lefort 1 which is then called a bimax​
Lefort 1
  • This is a maxillary surgery which is used to increase the forward growth of the maxilla and can be used to enable different alterations with a BSSO
  • View attachment 1609156View attachment 1609158
  • This surgery is often used to slide the maxilla forward and upwards along the lines shown. This generally is paired with a BSSO that is ccw rotated and may produce an effect of visually reducing midface length.
  • This surgery can of course be used to do the opposite and make the face more downswung but it highly unlikely you would need it and a high chance of it throwing off your face as it will make you appear recessed. This may be done if you have a short braci skull and the ratios from your side profile show ample room to move things clockwise.
  • The next surgery can be paired with either of the above movements either to minimize some of the negatives in the cw rotation or to add extra growth in the ccw rotation and that is genioplasty. When done in tandem with the above two surgeries it is called a trimax
Genioplasty:
  • This is a surgery focusing on the chin and can be done on its own or with a combination of other surgeries listed above
  • View attachment 1609171View attachment 1609172
  • This surgery improves projection of the chin by sliding the bone mass forward, hence the name sliding genioplasty.
  • The surgeon cannot leave the bone unconnected as shown in this diagram
  • View attachment 1609174
  • This is why there are multiple cuts for extra advancement in the second diagram
OZSO:
  • View attachment 1609177
  • This is different from it's sister surgery a ZSO as it is closer cut to the eye and can increase malar projection in a way that does not leave the region close to the eye untouched, this is especially useful if you have HIGH SET CHEEKBONES VERTICALLY (this does not mean projection it mean vertical position of the malar bone)
  • This as you can tell by the arrows can be used to move in the following directions:
    • Forwards
    • Upwards
    • Into the face
  • This is mainly focused on forward projection of the zygomatic arch and is not always cut the same as the diagram, you will be scanned and the cut will be altered and visualized depending on the surgeon
ZSO:
  • This surgery targets the Zygomatic arch on its own
  • View attachment 1609194
  • This focuses purely on movement laterally and is used to increase width of the face and projection of the cheekbones laterally
  • This has a sister surgery which reduces cheekbone width and is often used in asian faces and involves breaking, shaving the bone and angling the bone into the face to reduce the prominence of the zygomatic arch
  • This will decrease ES ratio, increase FWHR and the inverse is true for the opposing surgery which I will post movements of next.
Reduction malaroplasty:
Lefort 2:
  • This is a surgery which is significantly more high cut than the lefort 1 procedure and stops short of the malar region but reaches your nasal bridge
  • View attachment 1609212
  • This increases forward projection of the face if extreme recession is shown in the maxilla and paranasal regions, this is a surgery often only given to those whose quality of life has been affected by poor facial development but I am sure you can find a surgeon who will perform it for cosmetic reasons
  • If it is performed for cosmetic reasons it will need to be done with a BSSO unless you have a poor bite and is being used to also align that.
  • There is less freedom of movement than with a lefort 1 as it deals with significantly more risk than the prior surgery.

Next thread will cover different forms of expansion in both the mandible and maxilla.

@Korea @LooksOrDeath
All of these surgeries are cope for non-deformed people.

That zygo surgery won't do shit for me. It's prolly very overrated.

• Woah
Reactions: Sny
@SendMePicsToRate make a thread about Infras and eye surgeries in geneal.

Good work (y)

• +1
Reactions: SendMePicsToRate
Could this mean wider pfl? i mean it's literally expanding the lateral orbital wall?

@Korea
@SendMePicsToRate
@alienmaxxer

• +1
Reactions: Korea
Could this mean wider pfl? i mean it's literally expanding the lateral orbital wall?

@Korea
@SendMePicsToRate
@alienmaxxer
I started looking into to it.

It probably does, you should sticy this thread instead of the sunscreen one tbh.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero

@Korea
@SendMePicsToRate
@alienmaxxer

Mental masturbation

• JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero and SendMePicsToRate
Shit thread kys

I started looking into to it.

It probably does, you should sticy this thread instead of the sunscreen one tbh.
I didnt even sticky the sunscreen one.

Idk alot of this is water info tbh

Some of it new to me bc i've never been that invested in surgerymaxxing info til now for water reasons

• +1
Reactions: Korea
MSE stills seems like the biggest bang for ur buck if you know what you're doing

the fact is distarculates ur sutures and the breathing gains>>>>

assymetry can be dealt with

as for nose=inevitable rhino

@mewcoper @teenageloveless agalar bunlardan bizde sadece lf1 ve bsso var galiba. diğerlerini araştırdım da bulamadım hep implant var osteotomi yok hiç. ben aramak için doğru kelimeleri mi kullanmadım yoksa yapan yok mu bizde?

Last edited: