Been hooked on a new Netflix prison show.

Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

Professor
Netflix released a reality show called *Unlocked: A Jail Experiment* a few months back, which explores what happens when prisoners in a maximum-security facility are given more freedom. The experiment takes place at Pulaski County Detention Center in Arkansas, where inmates are typically locked in their cells for 23 hours a day, with only one hour outside but thay limited hour often leads to tension and violence, forcing them back into their cells early.

The new sheriff takes charge and proposes an experiment: removing all deputies from the unit and unlocking all the cell doors, giving inmates unrestricted freedom to move in and out of their cells. Many jail staff think this is a bad idea, saying it's difficult to manage the inmates even for just one hour. But , the sheriff argues that the inmates should be treated like adults, and for the next six weeks, the doors remain unlocked.

The show is very intriguing because it is quite interesting how these men navigate conflict and build a community around a prison cell. It received a ton of backlash because sous complained that it's unethical to voyeuristically watch people like this. Like they arr farm animals but the show is pretty interesting. I suggest giving it a watch tbh

@TechnoBoss @FaceandBBC @klip11 @sportsmogger

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: NZb6Air, FaceandBBC, sportsmogger and 8 others
@tombradylover

Netflix released a reality show called *Unlocked: A Jail Experiment* a few months back, which explores what happens when prisoners in a maximum-security facility are given more freedom. The experiment takes place at Pulaski County Detention Center in Arkansas, where inmates are typically locked in their cells for 23 hours a day, with only one hour outside but thay limited hour often leads to tension and violence, forcing them back into their cells early.

The new sheriff takes charge and proposes an experiment: removing all deputies from the unit and unlocking all the cell doors, giving inmates unrestricted freedom to move in and out of their cells. Many jail staff think this is a bad idea, saying it's difficult to manage the inmates even for just one hour. But , the sheriff argues that the inmates should be treated like adults, and for the next six weeks, the doors remain unlocked.

The show is very intriguing because it is quite interesting how these men navigate conflict and build a community around a prison cell. It received a ton of backlash because sous complained that it's unethical to voyeuristically watch people like this. Like they arr farm animals but the show is pretty interesting. I suggest giving it a watch tbh

@TechnoBoss @FaceandBBC @klip11 @sportsmogger

Thanks for the rec I'll watch it right now.

• +1
Reactions: FaceandBBC, Futura, GigaStacySexual and 2 others
the foid version of this is called Bad Girls Club

• +1
Reactions: Futura
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Futura, psychomandible and Sprinkles
@Jason Voorhees

What I like about the show so far is that in the meeting they have with the police and such before the program begins, one of the COs or whoever they are starts talking about implementing strict measures about shaking down the prisoners cells at random to "keep them on their toes" and to prevent shanks being made. The head sheriff makes the point that they're trying to create a system with more freedoms not this random arbitrary system that takes them out of the cells but makes them have less freedoms overall.

The sheriff seems really level headed and understanding of people.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: FaceandBBC, Futura, Art of Pattinson and 1 other person
@Jason Voorhees

What I like about the show so far is that in the meeting they have with the police and such before the program begins, one of the COs or whoever they are starts talking about implementing strict measures about shaking down the prisoners cells at random to "keep them on their toes" and to prevent shanks being made. The head sheriff makes the point that they're trying to create a system with more freedoms not this random arbitrary system that takes them out of the cells but makes them have less freedoms overall.

The sheriff seems really level headed and understanding of people.
Yea. It’s cool to see a character who doesn’t just default to harsh measures but instead tries to address issues with fairness and insight into human behavior.

• +1
Reactions: Futura and TechnoBoss
Yea. It’s cool to see a character who doesn’t just default to harsh measures but instead tries to address issues with fairness and insight into human behavior.
W PFP

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees, Futura and TechnoBoss
That's 1 hour more than me.

Anyways, surely the show is fake.

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
That's 1 hour more than me.

Anyways, surely the show is fake.
What makes you think it's fake? Some parts of it might be exaggerated for dramatic effect.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Jason Voorhees, Art of Pattinson and romanstock
@Jason Voorhees - What's your opinion on that old black guy? I think his name is Randy or something the guy who is trying to police the other inmates. I think it's fucked up what he did to that white dude Miller he kept bossing around. You know the white dude who basically doesn't do anything wrong but everyone just wants to kill him for no reason? Randy is over there trying to act like the fucking warden & acting smart even though he has a room temperature IQ.

That prison is such bullshit I can't imagine living there with a bunch of ______ who want to attack you for doing nothing. Meanwhile, you got that little stabby stabby manlet always talking about stabbing someone.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Jason Voorhees, klip11 and Art of Pattinson
Seems like a bad idea

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and TechnoBoss
Just watch skibidi toilet bro

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: looksmaxxing223 and Jason Voorhees
@Jason Voorhees - What's your opinion on that old black guy? I think his name is Randy or something the guy who is trying to police the other inmates. I think it's fucked up what he did to that white dude Miller he kept bossing around. You know the white dude who basically doesn't do anything wrong but everyone just wants to kill him for no reason? Randy is over there trying to act like the fucking warden & acting smart even though he has a room temperature IQ.

That prison is such bullshit I can't imagine living there with a bunch of ______ who want to attack you for doing nothing. Meanwhile, you got that little stabby stabby manlet always talking about stabbing someone.
Randy haa a complex personality tbh he is both a leader and a bully. He is often seen trying to control the other inmates and enforce his own rules. However, he also has a softer side imo , and he is sometimes shown to be caring and protective of his fellow inmates. Miller, on the other hand, is portrayed as a quiet and unassuming inmate. He is often bullied by other inmates, but he never retaliates. He also seems to be a kind and compassionate but yea overall the place seems to be a fucked up..

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss
Randy haa a complex personality tbh he is both a leader and a bully. He is often seen trying to control the other inmates and enforce his own rules. However, he also has a softer side imo , and he is sometimes shown to be caring and protective of his fellow inmates. Miller, on the other hand, is portrayed as a quiet and unassuming inmate. He is often bullied by other inmates, but he never retaliates. He also seems to be a kind and compassionate but yea overall the place seems to be a fucked up..
I don't see much compassion from Randy. I just watched a dude pour water on Miller while he's sleeping for no reason and then when Miller gets mad all the inmates want to act like Miller fucked up. Randy didn't even necessarily stick up for him he just calls a group meeting and tells people to calm down. If Miller went in a guys cell and poured water on them, Randy or stabby Mc.stab stab would go and kill him. That's not being a leader from Randys part. Randy shouldn't let people be bullied if he doesn't want to be bullied himself.

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Interesting, Youtube always recommends me these type of prison shows on Youtube but I never watched it. The only one I ever watched/ binged was beyond scared straight (real niggas remember this funny ass show). But I’m gonna watch this when I get the time.

Last edited:
  • +1
Interesting, Youtube always recommends me these type of prison shows on Youtube but I never watched it. The only one I ever watched/ binged was beyond scared straight (real niggas remember this funny ass show). But I’m gonna watch this when I het the time.
You should watch it I just witnessed Randy make a fuckin pizza in prison.

• JFL
Reactions: FaceandBBC
Watch Mayor of Kingstown. It has Jeremy renner and it is a pretty unique prison show on skyshowtime

• +1