Before and after orthodontics (xrays)

aspieSavage

aspieSavage

That short white kid
Back when I was 15 (now 18) I got orthodontic treatment to fix a slight overbite caused by an underdeveloped lower jaw. I got both my maxillary first premolars removed then my anterior teeth retracted to shorten the maxillary arch. Comparing the before and after x-rays there looks to be very minimal bone reabsorption. Also, my gonial angle stayed at 120 degrees. I'm starting to believe the idea that traditional orthodontics destroy faces is overblown. Btw the after pictures I'm looking fucking bloated because I got them taken in the morning after a heavy night of drinking and partying. The main take away from this is saying ortho ruined your face is probably a cope unless like 4 molars were removed lmao

After xray
After xray gonial
Before xray
Before xray gonial
After photos
Before photos

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 6403, lutte, JustBeCurry and 3 others
chad tbh

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: lutte and aspieSavage
> orthodontic treatment for overbite consists of maxillary shortening, which makes your face more recessed.

> surgical treatment for overbite consists of Lefort 1 Osteotomy and BSSO, the only procedures in the world able to improve one's face significantly.

Since the orthodontic treatment costs 5k euros on average, while maxillofacial surgery costs 10k-15k in western europe, you are a complete idiot if you choose dentistry.

> orthodontic treatment for overbite consists of maxillary shortening, which makes your face more recessed.

> surgical treatment for overbite consists of Lefort 1 Osteotomy and BSSO, the only procedures in the world able to improve one's face significantly.

Since the orthodontic treatment costs 5k euros on average, while maxillofacial surgery costs 10k-15k in western europe, you are a complete idiot if you choose dentistry.
Oh wow you know it's almost like some people get it at 15 when they literally know nothing about stuff like this

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: aspieSavage, WadlowMaxxing and Deleted member 3043
Oh wow you know it's almost like some people get it at 15 when they literally know nothing about stuff like this
this forum targets adult people who choose what to do with their life, not children who are forced into dentistry by parents

• Hmm...
Reactions: aspieSavage

I agree that jaw surgery is a far better option than getting teeth pulled. In my case, I wish I could've rewinded the clock and had gotten imdo. Also, Lefort 1 is for underbite in a case where the maxilla is the culprit, not overbite.

now people have your full name srs

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: aspieSavage and lutte
Wow he's literally me
I feel a bit the same, the biggest problem is probably how it makes actually fixing the underlying problem (small mandible) harder

this forum targets adult people who choose what to do with their life, not children who are forced into dentistry by parents
Your post seemed like an attack on OP

Wow he's literally me
I feel a bit the same, the biggest problem is probably how it makes actually fixing the underlying problem (small mandible) harder

genioplasty would acend both of us

• +1
Reactions: lutte
do you have to wear a retainer now?

Too many letters, didnt read. But i saw the pics and it was a good imrpovement. Mogs me