Duane Dibbley
Iron
- Joined
- May 21, 2026
- Posts
- 117
- Reputation
- 46
Recently, I was benching 120 for 6 with "2rir", I took it to failure and got to 12 with 0rir. Since then, I've been doing 135 for 6 with a real 1-2rir. Tomorrow I plan on hitting a new PR. Staying up to write this at 10:00 isn't the best way to prepare, but whatever
I'm walking to the gym, that should be sufficient to get my blood flowing. I'll do some light shoulder/tricep cable exercises to warm up before actually getting to the bench
Once I'm on the bench, I'll probably do the bar for 8, 95 for 3, 135 for 1, then actually do serious sets. I'm probably gonna start with 145 for 1, and depending on how that goes, I'll attempt 155 or 165, my estimated 1rm falls between that based on the info I mentioned earlier.
If you DNR, here are some actual questions so I'm not just talking to myself
Once I have a baseline PR should I test some program?
What would be a realistic goal PR to hit before New Year's?
How often should I PR? Once a month? Every 2 months?
I'm walking to the gym, that should be sufficient to get my blood flowing. I'll do some light shoulder/tricep cable exercises to warm up before actually getting to the bench
Once I'm on the bench, I'll probably do the bar for 8, 95 for 3, 135 for 1, then actually do serious sets. I'm probably gonna start with 145 for 1, and depending on how that goes, I'll attempt 155 or 165, my estimated 1rm falls between that based on the info I mentioned earlier.
If you DNR, here are some actual questions so I'm not just talking to myself
Once I have a baseline PR should I test some program?
What would be a realistic goal PR to hit before New Year's?
How often should I PR? Once a month? Every 2 months?