Best AHA/BHA exfoliant for starter?

D

Deleted member 534

classic Romantic man that got lost in the darkness
If you use scrups as an exfoliant for your face than you deserve to be banned JFL

Anyway what’s is the perfect AHA exfoliant for starter

Is it mandelic acid or lactic acid? And at what percentage is good? And some low IQ bloggers say that you should use aha every single day which is fucking retarded

Anyway let’s have discussion

You can absolutely use an AHA every day if you choose one that is suitable for your skin.

If you use scrups as an exfoliant for your face than you deserve to be banned JFL

Anyway what’s is the perfect AHA exfoliant for starter

Is it mandelic acid or lactic acid? And at what percentage is good? And some low IQ bloggers say that you should use aha every single day which is fucking retarded

Anyway let’s have discussion
Scrups can work if you already have good skin, else it tears up your impurities. Else I like best chemical exfoliant, not mechanical

You can absolutely use an AHA every day if you choose one that is suitable for your skin.
Bad tbh I would use it 2 a week because the skin didn’t even build up sebum and blackheads JFL

Imagine exfoliating everday with acid JFL even if it is at 2% for instance still bad
Scrups can work if you already have good skin, else it tears up your impurities. Else I like best chemical exfoliant, not mechanical
They are bad in the long run man

What you recommend for perfect starter? Mandelic acid or lactic acid? And I want to use them twice or once a week

Bad tbh I would use it 2 a week because the skin didn’t even build up sebum and blackheads JFL

Imagine exfoliating everday with acid JFL even if it is at 2% for instance still bad
I'm not entirely sure what you're saying in that first line.

But you absolutely can use a low strength AHA daily. As long as your individual skin can take it, its not a problem.

• +1
Reactions: BasedSpinelet257
I'm not entirely sure what you're saying in that first line.

But you absolutely can use a low strength AHA daily. As long as your individual skin can take it, its not a problem.
Your skin didn’t even buildup pollution and dead skin every single day man

AHA main benifits is to dissolve the the dead skin in the epidermis and it usually takes 7-10 days for the skin need an exfoliant.

Don’t read those blogs and low IQ soyboys they are flawed

I don't. I'm a cosmetic chemist.
Oh nice than I need a good starter AHA but

Which acid is the best for starter? And I want to use it twice a week or once

Oh nice than I need a good starter AHA but

Which acid is the best for starter? And I want to use it twice a week or once
We just gonna gloss over the entirety of this interaction so far and pretend it didn't happen? Okay, cool.

It depends on your skin. Some people can take a higher concentration glycolic immediately, some need a low strength lactic. I've found that the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads are pretty good starters for a lot of people.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, everythingmatters, BasedSpinelet257 and 2 others
We just gonna gloss over the entirety of this interaction so far and pretend it didn't happen? Okay, cool.

It depends on your skin. Some people can take a higher concentration glycolic immediately, some need a low strength lactic. I've found that the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads are pretty good starters for a lot of people.
Ok

I don’t like pads tbh

I will choose either 5% lactic acid or 5% mandelic acid

Which one should I choose for normal skin and I breakout from time to time

As a general rule, lactic if you're more sensitive, mandelic if you're oilier.
I’m not oily so lactic acid I will use 5% lactic acid from the ordinary

thanks man for your time

As a general rule, lactic if you're more sensitive, mandelic if you're oilier.
Can I start with glycolic acid if I've never used a chemical exfoliator before? I have pretty oily skin.

• +1
Reactions: sloopnoob
Can I start with glycolic acid if I've never used a chemical exfoliator before? I have pretty oily skin.
Yeah you should be okay, go slowly and patch test.

If you are oily I would recommend BHA instead of AHA

And if you never used acid before than I would start by salicylic acid at low percentage and do it once or twice After you use a face wash

Just got started with them, so not an expert, but the one from The Ordinary has a lot of positive reviews. Majority of skincare bloggers love these products. I use the AHA/BHA combo they have. It is cheap on their website, like 7-10 bucks.

Just got started with them, so not an expert, but the one from The Ordinary has a lot of positive reviews. Majority of skincare bloggers love these products. I use the AHA/BHA combo they have. It is cheap on their website, like 7-10 bucks.
Ok son thanks

• +1
Reactions: Vanity00
Stridex pads (Red box) is the best bang for buck BHA.

Stridex pads (Red box) is the best bang for buck BHA.
BHA is good for oily skin

While AHA is for other
I will order the ordinary 5% lactic acid

• +1
Reactions: Vanity00
BHA is good for oily skin

While AHA is for other
Nope. They do two different functions.
BHA is good for any kind of congestion- the specific formulation will determine which skin type can use it.
AHAs exfoliate the surface of the skin and different AHAs tend to be more suited towards different skin types although (unless someone is particularly sensitive) almost anyone can use any AHA.

BHA is good for any kind of congestion- the specific formulation will determine which skin type can use it.
AHAs exfoliate the surface of the skin and different AHAs tend to be more suited towards different skin types although (unless someone is particularly sensitive) almost anyone can use any AHA.
Yep BHA is for someone with acne or skin condition

While AHA is almost for everyone and perfect for all skintone types as long you don’t use more than 10% and exfoliate 2 a week

Yep BHA is for someone with acne or skin condition

While AHA is almost for everyone and perfect for all skintone types as long you don’t use more than 10% and exfoliate 2 a week
Not necessarily. I don't have acne or a particular issue with my skin but I use a BHA product (semi) regularly to minimise any blackheads or sebaceous filaments that might pop up.
If an individual's skin can take an AHA more than twice weekly then they can absolutely use it more than that, up to daily use- plenty of AHA products are designed to be able to be used daily. This is literally my job, I'm not pulling this out of my arse.

Not necessarily. I don't have acne or a particular issue with my skin but I use a BHA product (semi) regularly to minimise any blackheads or sebaceous filaments that might pop up.
If an individual's skin can take an AHA more than twice weekly then they can absolutely use it more than that, up to daily use- plenty of AHA products are designed to be able to be used daily. This is literally my job, I'm not pulling this out of my arse.
Ok ok

But if you have oily skin and bad blackheads tha I recommend cutting suger from the diet (completely if you can), and reduce the frequency of eating so your insulin don’t spike

Instead of eating 3 meals with a snack try to eat ONLy 3 meals with no snacks in between
Because the human body is not design to eat 6 meals a day

Do you really need sunscreen with aha? Like not sunscreen in general, but specifically after using aha?

Thoughts on gluconolactone and LHA? I like that LHA is oil soluble and has a reservoir effect in the skin.