Best and only Skincare guide you will ever need

Deleted member 5632

Deleted member 5632

Best nose on the entire forum
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, HighIQcel, Arkantos and 9 others
It’s been pinned before. That’s @benignice’s skincare guide, no?

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 3328, FutureMogger and 8 others
Yes nigga let me read 12 paragraphs about a skincare routine

• JFL
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: AscendingHero, HighIQcel, Deleted member 6965 and 8 others
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Entschuldigung, Deleted member 2205 and 5 others
Best piece of literature ever posted on this site regarding skincare. Would also recommend checking out his question threads

• +1
Reactions: Nero, Lev Peshkov, FutureMogger and 2 others
@benignice ty so much

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII
3x cleansing per day how can that be good unless you sweat actual oil in your sleep?

That guy @benignice is high IQ and also very helpful if you want to get more details off him.
Sadly he didn't tell me how to whitemaxx

Should be @benignice who had this pinned
His guide

Not a new fag like OP or me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3328, DidntRead, Chadelite and 1 other person
BenigGOAT

• +1
Reactions: Salludon and Deleted member 6272
oral collagen? useless?

oral collagen? useless?
Also want to know
not neccessarily
There are 3 kinds of Collagen Peptides, iirc the 2nd one is the stronger one for joints and 1 and 3 are the normal ones mainly for skin etc.

Collagen is literally abundant in our diet nowadays
Try to get it naturally like over Gelatin or Bone Broth
Or supplement with real Collagen Hydrolysat
It tastes like shit but it is indeed healthy and also good income of protein (well, Collagen lol)

If this Collagen actually gets synthezised in your body, thats another question
Thats why people always have different result from taking it

• +1
Reactions: Kingkellz and BasedSpinelet257
3x cleansing per day how can that be good unless you sweat actual oil in your sleep?
Your skin is constantly producing oil- thats how skin works. You know when your skin looks really great when you first wake up on a morning? Thats sweat and oil.
If you're using decent products then it shouldn't be an issue unless you have a really compromised barrier.
Is that guy a dermatologist?
No, not a derm. I work as a cosmetic chemist.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
not neccessarily
There are 3 kinds of Collagen Peptides, iirc the 2nd one is the stronger one for joints and 1 and 3 are the normal ones mainly for skin etc.

Collagen is literally abundant in our diet nowadays
Try to get it naturally like over Gelatin or Bone Broth
Or supplement with real Collagen Hydrolysat
It tastes like shit but it is indeed healthy and also good income of protein (well, Collagen lol)

If this Collagen actually gets synthezised in your body, thats another question
Thats why people always have different result from taking it

I take Codeage Multicollagen Poweder daily, but I was just never really sure if it would do me any good or not as far as anti aging is concerned. The finite answer still remains to be seen when compared to something like Retin-A.

I take Codeage Multicollagen Poweder daily, but I was just never really sure if it would do me any good or not as far as anti aging is concerned. The finite answer still remains to be seen when compared to something like Retin-A.
you cant compare Retin A to Collagen supplementation/diet

IGF-2 and Collagen Supps might have a cool synergistic effect and might be a promising treatment
but IGF2 is hard to get and unknown

you cant compare Retin A to Collagen supplementation/diet

IGF-2 and Collagen Supps might have a cool synergistic effect and might be a promising treatment
but IGF2 is hard to get and unknown
I wasn’t comparing in terms of their respective effectiveness, more so in the fact that the effects of Retin-A are more pronounced and readily measurable.

I got this at home
275$ for 30 ml on sale

Is this even worth it @benignice ?

I got this at home
275$ for 30 ml on sale

Is this even worth it @benignice ?
Is it a fine serum? Sure
Is it worth the price? No.
And that goes for Sisley generally (in my opinion). Same can be said for La Mer, La Prairie, Augustinus Bader, etc.

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII and Deleted member 5187
Is it a fine serum? Sure
Is it worth the price? No.
And that goes for Sisley generally (in my opinion). Same can be said for La Mer, La Prairie, Augustinus Bader, etc.
I got it as gift
Didnt expect it to be this expensive
Would never buy something as expensive myself

What's some good fair priced skin products or brands u recommend?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5187
That depends on what you consider fair priced. And what kind of product you want.
Never mind saw it's in your document
Amazing document
Thanks for sharing btw

• Love it
No worries, feel free to ask if you have any other questions.
Hey benignice do you think using 0.1% tretinoin has a better effect/results than using 0.05%?

and also if I'm using 0.05% tretinoin at night after cleansing, should I be applying a moisturizer or do you think its not nessacary?

Hey benignice do you think using 0.1% tretinoin has a better effect/results than using 0.05%?
Usually you'll get similar results but you'll get there faster. Obviously with the added irritation potential.
and also if I'm using 0.05% tretinoin at night after cleansing, should I be applying a moisturizer or do you think its not nessacary?
I always would, but I've got really dry skin. If you don't need to, don't worry about it.

• +1
Reactions: YoungRichNigga
Best skincare is chads tears

@benignice why is spf extra important with retinoids?
Is there any side effects to these except for irritation and maybe allergenic reactions?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5632
@benignice why is spf extra important with retinoids?
Is there any side effects to these except for irritation and maybe allergenic reactions?
I assume you mean topical retinoids for all of this?
Couple of reasons: they cause photosensitivity and also you're going to all of this trouble to get rid of sun damage, why would you not do everything you can to minimise further damage?
Depends what you mean by irritation. They can make the skin dry, red, flaky, etc.

• +1
This guy (Joined Mar 7, 2020) just posts this for a pin and reacts while giving no credit whatsoever to the person who made this @benignice

Why isn't this original thread pinned instead

@Lorsss

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: AscendingHero, Dutcher, Perfect Hairline and 2 others
This guy (Joined Mar 7, 2020) just posts this for a pin and reacts while giving no credit whatsoever to the person who made this @benignice

Why isn't this original thread pinned instead

@Lorsss
This guy has a name
When I found out who made the thread I tagged him

I assume you mean topical retinoids for all of this?
Couple of reasons: they cause photosensitivity and also you're going to all of this trouble to get rid of sun damage, why would you not do everything you can to minimise further damage?
Depends what you mean by irritation. They can make the skin dry, red, flaky, etc.
So when using topical retinoids and spf.
Theres isn't any long term side effects, only maybe temporary dry, red and flaky skin?

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5632 and Deleted member 5187
For the vast majority of people, yes.
do you think that doing:
copper peptides
retin-a
red light therapy
dermapen/dermarolling
50spf sunscreen daily
vitamin C

all together would be overkill/detrimental?

do you think that doing:
copper peptides
retin-a
red light therapy
dermapen/dermarolling
50spf sunscreen daily
vitamin C

all together would be overkill/detrimental?
It depends on how frequently you're doing it all and how much your skin can take. If you're not being stupid and your skin can take it, go for it.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: HighIQcel and Deleted member 3962
Hi @benignice

I'm planning on using the Buffet treatment from The Ordinary.

At what point in my evening routine should I use it ? and is it worth it ?

1st Cleaning
2nd Cleaning
Every other day : Retin A 0.05
Niacinamide
Moisturiser
Oil

thank for your incredible knowledge

Hi @benignice

I'm planning on using the Buffet treatment from The Ordinary.

At what point in my evening routine should I use it ? and is it worth it ?

1st Cleaning
2nd Cleaning
Every other day : Retin A 0.05
Niacinamide
Moisturiser
Oil

thank for your incredible knowledge
You'd use it after the niacinamide. And yeah, I like it. Its inexpensive and does a good job.

• +1
Reactions: Eazybone187
Eating healthy, exercising and RED LIGHT THERAPY are the only good ways.

Anything else is cope.

Red Light Therapy is fucking magic and you're all here coping with megadosing or other shit.

Red Light therapy is the key and you all must understand it. I really don't know why on this fucking forum there isn't a thread about using red light therapy to improve collagen and a lot of fucking things.

Do your fucking research

All the creams are HOAX. You just need to have nutrients and fucking drink enough water, exercise, take the vitamins you lack and USE RED LIGHT as explained in scientific studies.

• WTF
  • +1
Reactions: Treasure223 and Deleted member 5632
@benignice

I accidentally left my Retina A 0.05 uncapped for 24 hours. it's still good to use right? I accidentally did this with retinol and had to throw the entire thing away. Are retinoids this sensitive to light/air?

@benignice

I accidentally left my Retina A 0.05 uncapped for 24 hours. it's still good to use right? I accidentally did this with retinol and had to throw the entire thing away. Are retinoids this sensitive to light/air?
It's likely okay. If it looks or smells different though, don't use it.

T
It's likely okay. If it looks or smells different though, don't use it.
Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Also I've been using it for 4 months so far and am still going through cycles of acne. AFAIK I should be clearing up by now. Is this normal?

T

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Also I've been using it for 4 months so far and am still going through cycles of acne. AFAIK I should be clearing up by now. Is this normal?
There is a difference between purging and normal acne. Purging should be clearing up around now (and is very unlikely to be cyclic) whereas acne can just continue.

There is a difference between purging and normal acne. Purging should be clearing up around now (and is very unlikely to be cyclic) whereas acne can just continue.
I haven't had a single cyst before I started retin A. Now I'm getting like 1 per week. Is this a sign the cream is not reacting well and I should stop. I feel like my skin is definitely smoother than before though, just more PIH and acne from the 4 months of purging.

Isn't this from Reddit?

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers and Deleted member 2205
3k views goddammn