Best and only Skincare guide you will ever need

One of the best things for eternally youthful skin is to put your own urine on your face. Dead srs. Look it up.

@benignice
How long before retin A makes a noticeable difference, on average? Thank fuck its quarantine right now but I need my collagen ASAP for when society opens up again

@benignice
How long before retin A makes a noticeable difference, on average? Thank fuck its quarantine right now but I need my collagen ASAP for when society opens up again
It depends, anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.
And you already have collagen- trust me, you'd know about it if you didn't.

It depends, anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.
And you already have collagen- trust me, you'd know about it if you didn't.
I feel like my skin is smoother, not sure if it's just placebo though.

@benignice I have found a way to get Tretinoin
Either by online or buy it in Spain

Is this better than retinol in the long run or just quicker acting?
The guide states its slower acting but how much longer in general?
I'm 21 soon 22, pale and skin seems good atm

Last edited:
@benignice I have found a way to get Tretinoin
Either by online or buy it in Spain

Is this better than retinol in the long run or just quicker acting?
The guide states its slower acting but how much longer in general?
I'm 21 soon 22, pale and skin seems good atm
A bit of both.
Tretinoin works significantly faster.
If your skin is good then tretinoin may not be worth it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5187
A bit of both.
Tretinoin works significantly faster.
If your skin is good then tretinoin may not be worth it.
Doesn't seem expensive so will probaly try the 0.025% Tretinoin for the anti aging.
How often shall this be used with good skin and does the amount/how often it's used change over time?

Doesn't seem expensive so will probaly try the 0.025% Tretinoin for the anti aging.
How often shall this be used with good skin and does the amount/how often it's used change over time?
Start with two or three times weekly. If you tolerate that well, gradually move to every evening.

• +1
Start with two or three times weekly. If you tolerate that well, gradually move to every evening.

What’s your opinion on Tazorotene vs Tretinoin of the same strength? Is one better than the other?

Both, actually. I figured if one was better than the other at one thing it’d be better for both.
For acne, it tends to be a bit of a coin flip as to which one works better on an individual level. There is some evidence that tazarotene is better.
For ageing, we've been using tretinoin longer than tazarotene because its generally tolerated better.

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish
For acne, it tends to be a bit of a coin flip as to which one works better on an individual level. There is some evidence that tazarotene is better.
For ageing, we've been using tretinoin longer than tazarotene because its generally tolerated better.

So outside of the irritation factor, we don’t really know which is better as far as anti-aging and have the most research with Tretinoin? I ask because I already have Tret and was wondering if it would be worth it to switch.

Last edited:
So outside of the irritation factor, we don’t really know which is better as far as anti-aging and have the most research with Tretinoin? I ask because I already have Tret and was wondering if it would be worth it to switch.
If you're going well with tret, just stick with tret.

• +1
Reactions: BasedSpinelet257
So I have that Vitamin C 21% you listed in the guide and a Retinol night cream. I plan to replace the night cream with 0.025% Retin-A cream but it’s not available for purchase atm. What else should I add? I have SPF cream but gonna use it only when I go out.

MUHH VITAMINS
MUHH RETINA
MUHH MOISTURIZER
MUHH HEALTHY DIET
MUHH @Ritalincel

Meanwhile:
Ezgifcom optimize

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel
I used this guide, the changes I have seen in my skin is diabolical

What are you using
Vitamin C serum,
La roche possay cleanser
cerave normal to dry skin
moisturizing sunscreen
astaxanthin
(not in order)

my skin was gross before and now it is like an actor no joke

So I have that Vitamin C 21% you listed in the guide and a Retinol night cream. I plan to replace the night cream with 0.025% Retin-A cream but it’s not available for purchase atm. What else should I add? I have SPF cream but gonna use it only when I go out.
It depends what you need.
My skin is genuinely incredible now
Glad its helped.

Is a Retinol moisturizer (OTC) good enough or it's a must to have a prescribed Retin-A?

This is a very good guide, I think there should be added information about:

Azelaic acid
This is getting more and more attention because of its ability to reduce redness, with continued use it can have a profound effect on people suffering from rosacea. Also effective against acne, blackheads and sebaceous filaments.

Ketoconazole/Nizoral cream
If you have fungal acne, this is your only hope. Most people can't differentiate between fungal acne, closed comedones and milia.

IPL (Intense Pulsed Light)
This is the only way to get rid of broken capillaries. Can be very effective at removing freckles and hyperpigmentation also.
Is a Retinol moisturizer (OTC) good enough or it's a must to have a prescribed Retin-A?
Any retinol treatment will be beneficial, just to varying degrees. It really depends on your skincare goals and the current state of your skin.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: middayshowers
skincares me

@benignice does retin A cause buccual fat loss in the face?

What if your acne never go away ? No matter how much I clean my face, it always return

Main things are proven to help skin is:

Retina
Dermarolling
Vitamin C
Good diet
Water intake

Start doing those

meanwhile most people just splash water on face, use cheapest moisturizer and have flawlesss skin. fuck genetic acne srs

It depends on what your issues/goals are. I generally prefer retinol in a serum to a moisturiser though.
This is a very good guide, I think there should be added information about:
The actives in there are are just the ones that I saw asked about most on here.
Fungal acne isn't a thing.
@benignice does retin A cause buccual fat loss in the face?
I've seen no convincing evidence of this.
What if your acne never go away ? No matter how much I clean my face, it always return
Go see a doctor.

• +1
@Lorsss pin please