Best surgeons for cheekbone augmentation?

ArgentineOmicron

ArgentineOmicron

Hold still while I bonesmash you
Specifically looking for surgeons that specialize in using hydroyxapatite and please post before-afters if you have them.

Specifically looking for surgeons that specialize in using hydroyxapatite and please post before-afters if you have them.

Don't get hydroxyapatite... It's hard to place exactly how you want it and then nearly impossible to remove once it's in.

Don't get hydroxyapatite... It's hard to place exactly how you want it and then nearly impossible to remove once it's in.
What's a better option? PEEK, Radiesse, silicone?

Silicone implants are fine. If you want a temporary filler just to try out the look, then you can do Voluma or another hyaluronic acid based filler. I wouldn't do Radiesse.

• +1
Reactions: BradAniston
Yaremchuk does medpor, seem to be good natural results

No Medpor it is extremely difficult to remove. Go for peek, it is customized, a little bit expensive but totally worth it. Avoid silicone, too much drawbacks

No Medpor it is extremely difficult to remove. Go for peek, it is customized, a little bit expensive but totally worth it. Avoid silicone, too much drawbacks

Can PEEK be safely removed without issues? If it could, then why would Eppley and Yaremchuk (2 largest scale cheekbone implant surgeons) use silicon?

Silicone implants are fine. If you want a temporary filler just to try out the look, then you can do Voluma or another hyaluronic acid based filler. I wouldn't do Radiesse.
why not Radiesse?

Can PEEK be safely removed without issues? If it could, then why would Eppley and Yaremchuk (2 largest scale cheekbone implant surgeons) use silicon?
Yes it can be safely removed. Because they are used to silicone and have good results with them so they stick with silicone. But objectively the major advantage of silicone in comparison to Peek is that they need no major incisions to place unlike Peek. In terms of infections and long terms results also aesthetically Peek is faaaar better than silicone. The price in the other hand is not the same.

• +1
Reactions: bimaximum and Deleted member 4797
Yes it can be safely removed. Because they are used to silicone and have good results with them so they stick with silicone. But objectively the major advantage of silicone in comparison to Peek is that they need no major incisions to place unlike Peek. In terms of infections and long terms results also aesthetically Peek is faaaar better than silicone. The price in the other hand is not the same.
so PEEK is more expensive, and also cant be placed through a lower eyelid incision? How do they insert the implant then, through mouth?

For cosmetic surgery, just through the mouth. Cause it is solid material unlike silicone.

• +1
Reactions: bimaximum
get a fat graft

Yes, PEEK is very rigid so requires large incisions to place.

I am not sure if it's better for infections... I would think it's similar to silicone. If anything the risk would be higher since the incisions are much larger.

Aesthetically I don't think there's a difference. The only think that matters is the shape of the implant. Silicone feels very hard to the touch once it's in.