Best way to chew

SayNoToRotting

SayNoToRotting

Kraken
Is with the canines. Apparently the most severe stress distribution on the skull happens when you bite on your canines instead of your molars:

https://dentalsleeppractice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/bruxism_luco_Fig3-4.png

Just look how big of a difference it makes to bite on the canines instead of the molars, completely lights up the skull.

Another lesson learned today.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 17829, AscendingHero, Deleted member 6723 and 15 others
damn

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17829 and Deleted member 2205
What does the stress pattern on the mandible look like with a canine bite though?

What does the stress pattern on the mandible look like with a canine bite though?
Couldn't find anything too informative on it, but all the pictures make it look like it doesn't matter where you bite, your mandible is pretty much always under ernormous pressure:

https://medmorph3d.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/FEA-Skull.jpg

It's a simple shaped bone, no complicated stress distribution I would assume.

The only problem is that you can't bite as hard on your canines as on your molars

• +1
Reactions: Patrick Baitman, Alvik, forwardgrowth and 2 others
what about the incisors?

horrible advice, use your 3rd molars so they can erupt like your ancestors.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Salience and SayNoToRotting
before i spit out my gum

horrible advice, use your 3rd molars so they can erupt like your ancestors.
I mean there go more than one pair of teeth into chewing, the gum spreads out anyway.

I end up chewing with all of my molars + canines

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
i always try chew with the front teeth so i dont have to worry about assemetry

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Alvik, Mr.cope, Chintuck22 and 3 others
i always try chew with the front teeth so i dont have to worry about assemetry
Bruh what? Explain. You fear getting asymmetry or what?

• JFL
Reactions: Framletgod
Bruh what? Explain.
yea i usually start chewing with front teeth then end up chewing with the molars anyway once i stop thinking about it

so with the canines is the best?

Is with the canines. Apparently the most severe stress distribution on the skull happens when you bite on your canines instead of your molars:

https://dentalsleeppractice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/bruxism_luco_Fig3-4.png

Just look how big of a difference it makes to bite on the canines instead of the molars, completely lights up the skull.

Another lesson learned today.
What type of gum do you use? Currently I'm stuck with mentos gum rip

ay mentos gum tasy af.

im using extra gum.
laxative effects are fucking aids tho so i chew more mastic

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
ay mentos gum tasy af.

im using extra gum.
laxative effects are fucking aids tho so i chew more mastic
Bro it burns my fucking mouth hahaha I got the pure fresh frost one

Forget it. It needs to be mastic.

And I don't really chew either, I just bite down on the gum full force. That way I prevent joint damage and can fully focus on strength.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, owlofathena, Salience and 6 others
Forget it. It needs to be mastic.

And I don't really chew either, I just bite down on the gum full force. That way I prevent joint damage and can fully focus on strength.
Alright thanks. Did you try both falim and mastic and if yes could you notice alot of difference?

Dog chew toy Done

• Woah
Reactions: goat2x
I noticed it too. Front teeth, canine open mouth chewing. But u must have perfect posture. Also i think neck grows from biting food and tearing it. Neck is fast twitch anyways. We are supposed to chew like savage.

• +1
Reactions: forwardgrowth
Makes sense since we also used to eat the meat off of the bones of the animals we killed long ago.

• +1
Reactions: SayNoToRotting
ow yeah.

• +1
Reactions: SikKunt and InjectE
OP is a....

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 1464 and SikKunt
Are we supposed to chew or clench though? Is it even possible to clench with canines lol

Are we supposed to chew or clench though? Is it even possible to clench with canines lol
Tried it, can't do shit with the canines.

Best I can do is spread the mastic all arcoss the molars+canines and then clench, I can't separate the canines.

@SayNoToRotting are you knowledgeable of tmj issues? If you are, I'd like to discuss via pm.

@SayNoToRotting are you knowledgeable of tmj issues? If you are, I'd like to discuss via pm.
I am not. I only know how to prevent it, but i have no clue what to do once you have joint issues besides recovering.

I am not. I only know how to prevent it, but i have no clue what to do once you have joint issues besides recovering.
Are you educated about the tmj and its surrounding structures in general though? I've had issues for about 9 months now and want to find out what's been causing them. Unfortunately, in most cases, conventional medicine/orthodontics does nothing to fix root causes. And I don't have the money to see a practicioner who's actually trying to fix it instead of just suppress/reduce symptoms.

Why doesn't the first picture show the lower jaw too though? Would be quite interesting to see the overall stress on the lower jaw too

I just chew gum with canines and 1st molar. I can definitely feel more pressure in maxilla

Dont!! You can get chipped teeth from chewing on the canines

• +1
Reactions: dadfa
my left jaw close to the ear hurt asf when even eating now... i Hope it will go

Dont!! You can get chipped teeth from chewing on the canines
Just don't go all the way down, they don't even touch when I chew. Chewing 2 hard gums at once.

Why doesn't the first picture show the lower jaw too though? Would be quite interesting to see the overall stress on the lower jaw too

no clue.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
I mean it probably has the same effect since the jaw seems to be influenced mostly by the masseter muscles, maybe in a few years we'll know more

It's over for a vegancel like me, nothing to cut with my canines

This entire difference is a bit odd though

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
Btw the picture in the OP doesn't visualize stress distribution as great as this picture right below:

f7WDOJ7.png

And once again: Premolars do the job just fine too.

• +1
Reactions: draco, Deleted member 685 and IWantToMax
Btw the picture in the OP doesn't visualize stress distribution as great as this picture right below:

f7WDOJ7.png

Wont chewing in the front cause upswing of the maxilla?

f7WDOJ7.png

What effects/benefits would this have on the maxilla etc?

What effects/benefits would this have on the maxilla etc?
Green and red should help with forward growth and upswing of the maxilla, I think. In particular green
Blue works zygos.

I am just supposing though

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: SayNoToRotting and Deleted member 685
@SayNoToRotting we demand answers
Afbeeldingsresultaat voor gif king holding wand

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: SayNoToRotting and IWantToMax
Green and red should help with forward growth and upswing of the maxilla, I think. In particular green
Blue works zygos.

I am just supposing though
@SayNoToRotting we demand answers
Afbeeldingsresultaat voor gif king holding wand

Yep, that's what's supposed to happen.

There was a beautiful video of a presentation given by some orthodontist (not Mew), where he discussed this in detail.
Unfortunately it's not up anymore, and all that's left are boring, long studies.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: IWantToMax and Deleted member 685
Yep, that's what's supposed to happen.

There was a beautiful video of a presentation given by some orthodontist (not Mew), where he discussed this in detail.
Unfortunately it's not up anymore, and all that's left are boring, long studies.
Can you link the studies please papa? I'm sorry for being needy but I have tons of research already and I really wanna read all of it
please

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: RandomGuy and IWantToMax
@SayNoToRotting what did this boy do wrong?

Don't know. First and foremost his jaw doesn't look too impressive, it's more of a low bodyfat+ mild masseter size illusion.

Don't know what caused the stunted midface, must have been genetics and prenetal hormones.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and Deleted member 685

Genes, is not even the height of his midface, just big bad shaped nose

How do we maximum bite force on the canines? besides biting down mastic with insane force? maybe we should bite bricks

How do we maximum bite force on the canines? besides biting down mastic with insane force? maybe we should bite bricks

tear meat maybe? do what astro does and start chowing on a dog toy lmao. i doubt our ancestors literally chewed on their canines that's fucking low iq