Best way to get a positive Canthal tilt?

F

Freep88

Iron
Is canthoplasty enough to get a positive canthal tilt?

• +1
Reactions: Asspear
A canthoplasty is a enough to get pct

Sclerapulling works for most cases of NCT. Really depends on the rest of your facial structure though

Sclerapulling works for most cases of NCT. Really depends on the rest of your facial structure though
I have never heard about this procedure. What is it about?

Is canthoplasty enough to get a positive canthal tilt?
While technically this is true, if you do not have the underlying bone structure to support it, I believe the result will usually be uncanny. Those with a negative canthal tilt will usually have that due to poor orbital development. I would usually recommend fixing that first before going for soft tissue modification, assuming your orbits are lacking.

While technically this is true, if you do not have the underlying bone structure to support it, I believe the result will usually be uncanny. Those with a negative canthal tilt will usually have that due to poor orbital development. I would usually recommend fixing that first before going for soft tissue modification, assuming your orbits are lacking.
I recently underwent a rhynoplasty, a otoplasty and a genioplasty. My next step would be a canthoplasty, as long as the expected result is worth it

I recently underwent a rhynoplasty, a otoplasty and a genioplasty. My next step would be a canthoplasty, as long as the expected result is worth it
So how are your orbits structurally? How's your orbital vector? How prominent are your supras?

• +1
Reactions: tom69
Would orbital implants or other stuff like that have an effect on your canthal tilt? I have negative orbital vector, negative canthal tilt, bad under eye support etc but the canthal tilt is the main part that bothers me substantially. I don't really care about the negative orbital vector. I also wonder if making the eyes appear deeper in the face would reduce my perceived IPD, which would be bad because my ESR is 0.43, though my IPD is 67mm and my eyes are over a full eye width apart; its that my face is very wide making the eyes seem closer set

• +1
Reactions: Asspear
Would orbital implants or other stuff like that have an effect on your canthal tilt? I have negative orbital vector, negative canthal tilt, bad under eye support etc but the canthal tilt is the main part that bothers me substantially. I don't really care about the negative orbital vector. I also wonder if making the eyes appear deeper in the face would reduce my perceived IPD, which would be bad because my ESR is 0.43, though my IPD is 67mm and my eyes are over a full eye width apart; its that my face is very wide making the eyes seem closer set
My understanding is that it is a case-by-case basis as to the degree in which the implants will assist in the canthal tilt. In some cases it can assist, but in others a cantho would still be needed. The thing about the orbital vector is that it is usually tied into the quality of the orbits, which in turn usually ties into the canthal tilt. So, people with a negative canthal tilt often also have a negative orbital vector. I don't believe its often found that people with a positive canthal tilt have poor orbits. Therefore, it is my understanding that, to have the result look as natural as possible, addressing the skeletal deficiency prior to having a canthoplasty is ideal.

In regards to your second question, I'd ask how are your zygos? Just trying to get a mental picture here. Augmenting the infras does not necessarily mean you have to widen the face - I may not be understanding your concern properly.