BIMAX 4mm worth it?

SixCRY

SixCRY

Mistral
So i find a surgeon willing to do bimax for my case but he only propose me:
-5mm down
-4mm forward

Is it worth it to get only 4mm forward? like will it make big difference in soft tissu?

Also he didn't want CCW cuz he think it's not safe to downgraft and do CCW on class III

@Sergio-OMS

• Ugh..
Reactions: Gaia262
4mm is plenty but post pics

• WTF
Reactions: Gaia262
depends on how recessed u r

• +1
Reactions: .👽.
4mm forward for maxilla? What’s the movement on the mandible

also consult with other blackpilled surgeons, the more willing they are to do surgery/the less you have to push to get Bimax, the more you’d stand to benefit from it

also ask to see before and afters from the surgeon of people who had similar bases and got similar movements

also consult with other blackpilled surgeons, the more willing they are to do surgery/the less you have to push to get Bimax, the more you’d stand to benefit from it

also ask to see before and afters from the surgeon of people who had similar bases and got similar movements

There is no blackpill surgeon in France

I only with what i have , also it's 100% free , i don't have 20k to go see raffaini

yes 4mm mandibule and 4mm maxilla , i'm almost clsss I, i'm slightly class III with braces

Also i asked for CCW he said it's possible but he wouldn't do it so fuck him

What i want:
4mm maxilla + CCW + 6/7mm BSSO

What he propose:
4/5mm maxilla + 4mm mandibule

If the change is not that big it's not worth it for me

He showed me some before and after but they all started with better submental so i can't compare

Are you recessed? Any sleep apnea? You want 1cm min for big changes,

Are you recessed? Any sleep apnea? You want 1cm min for big changes,
Yes this is very recessed i need down movement + forward

Down 5mm, forward at least 6-7mm to get good improvement

Attachments

• 9551B8A8-6E24-4CC4-A740-5B3C4C2BFCEA.jpeg
    9551B8A8-6E24-4CC4-A740-5B3C4C2BFCEA.jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 211
-5mm down
-4mm forward

Is it worth it to get only 4mm forward? like will it make big difference in soft tissu?

Also he didn't want CCW cuz he think it's not safe to downgraft and do CCW on class III

@Sergio-OMS

If you are talking about the BSSO then Consult elsewhere, 4mm is a joke and is purely functional.

4mm maxilla movement is reasonable.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and .👽.
If you are talking about the BSSO then Consult elsewhere, 4mm is a joke and is purely functional.

4mm maxilla movement is reasonable.
Reply to my dms

• +1
Reactions: SixCRY and Gaia262
It’s a lot to write about . This can only be said in voice

4mm lf1 is big
4mm bsso is ok. its not much tho. you will see some changes. and i see that you could use genio too, so more mm from that

this girl for 6mm iirc
Screenshot 20210610 160620

4mm lf1 is big
4mm bsso is ok. its not much tho. you will see some changes. and i see that you could use genio too, so more mm from that

this girl for 6mm iirc
View attachment 1173075
4mm lf1 is big

this girl for 6mm iirc
View attachment 1173075
Shot go maxilary advancement + CCW [look at philtrum upturn little bit]

If i can have 4mm lf1 CCW 6mm bsso it will be good

But the problem he don't want to do CCW with a 5mm down movement cuz i have 0 teeth show

Shot go maxilary advancement + CCW [look at philtrum upturn little bit]

If i can have 4mm lf1 CCW 6mm bsso it will be good

But the problem he don't want to do CCW with a 5mm down movement cuz i have 0 teeth show
if you want DJS only go to the best surgeons in the world. you only really get one shot bro, for you you need at least 1cm mandible no doubt.

if you want DJS only go to the best surgeons in the world. you only really get one shot bro, for you you need at least 1cm mandible no doubt.
This is a morph i did with professional software:
4 CCW, 6mm lefort, 7.5/8mo BSSO

It's what i need to get good jawline

Attachments

• 68B877D2-AA3D-49E2-87D2-DC180F745389.jpeg
    68B877D2-AA3D-49E2-87D2-DC180F745389.jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 125
  • 7401C6DA-EB73-495B-B49E-DC3BDA1B705E.jpeg
    7401C6DA-EB73-495B-B49E-DC3BDA1B705E.jpeg
    11 KB · Views: 134
Finally got surgeon doing me 6mm LF1, 5mm BSSO

just need to convince him doing 5degree CCW for 7mm BSSO

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
5mm is nothing mate, trust me you need 1-2cm. Anything less is minor and not going to help you much

• JFL
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad
5mm is nothing mate, trust me you need 1-2cm. Anything less is minor and not going to help you much
Not to hijack thread but if I need 1cm at least on maxilla because of class 3 underbite, how much would I be able to push for on mandible safely? If you need pics I can pm

How you want me to get 1-2cm
I can't push the maxilla more than 6mm, after that i look like a chimp

For CCW, the maximum CCW is 5-7degree, even top tier surgeon will not do more for my case

Im class 3: my mandibule is 1.5mm front of maxilla si normal advancement i can have is 6.5mm maxilla, 5mandibule

And if CCW i can only add 2mm

Look at this profile she received only 8mm, the second is 10mm

7mm is enough for my case

Attachments

• 2C7D6000-56BC-4E3C-834A-F7B748241C95.png
    2C7D6000-56BC-4E3C-834A-F7B748241C95.png
    448.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 3DCFC61F-4755-40AF-AB3A-93D280F6CAEF.jpeg
    3DCFC61F-4755-40AF-AB3A-93D280F6CAEF.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 104
Not to hijack thread but if I need 1cm at least on maxilla because of class 3 underbite, how much would I be able to push for on mandible safely? If you need pics I can pm
You can push mandibule as far as you want (as it reach clsss I). there is no big pb of stability for mandibule

But if you have to push 1cm maxilla its very big movement, u must be recessed as fuck to push 1cm lefort1, abd if you are not that recessed then 1cm will make you look like a chimp

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and 50konsurgeryat35
You can push mandibule as far as you want (as it reach clsss I). there is no big pb of stability for mandibule

But if you have to push 1cm maxilla its very big movement, u must be recessed as fuck to push 1cm lefort1, abd if you are not that recessed then 1cm will make you look like a chimp
Mega recessed bro. I don't know anyone who has worse nasolabial folds then me. 70% of my upper lip is inside my mouth. Surgeon didn't give a mm amount but my bite looks 1cm+ off

Attachments

• IMG_20210523_142236_compress41.jpg
    IMG_20210523_142236_compress41.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 87
Mega recessed bro. I don't know anyone who has worse nasolabial folds then me. 70% of my upper lip is inside my mouth. Surgeon didn't give a mm amount but my bite looks 1cm+ off
Your surgeon is a pussy blue pill , u clearly need surgery

For 1cm often what they do is:
Maxilla forward 5mm
Mandibule back 5mm

If your mandibule is super long and your profile is not recessed then u can benefit from that

If your mandibule is recessed or normal then u need big lefort 1 movement

The main problem with like +6mm of Lefort1 is nasal change, it's too much of an advancement so your nose will be impacted

Also idk if i understand you good:
U asked him lf1? or bsso?

No surgeon will give you BSSO advancement for your case

Show profil pic

Btw just saw your pictures in another Thread

You can benefit from:
Bimax CCW, u can have better definition cause of change in occlusal plane (your mandibule become more parallele to the ground)

@50konsurgeryat35

If you really want mandibule movement u need to see Alfaro Fernandez he do bimax for class 3 and advancement

I saw a case he did 17mm lf1 just in order to get bsso also, crazy results

Normal surgeon will never give you this type of movement

Attachments

• AC0E79AE-432F-4984-856D-69D8B3905032.png
    AC0E79AE-432F-4984-856D-69D8B3905032.png
    373.2 KB · Views: 73
  • A0EF1EEC-2381-40BB-947C-48783F1E8022.png
    A0EF1EEC-2381-40BB-947C-48783F1E8022.png
    382.8 KB · Views: 97
  • +1
Reactions: 50konsurgeryat35
Btw just saw your pictures in another Thread

You can benefit from:
Bimax CCW, u can have better definition cause of change in occlusal plane (your mandibule become more parallele to the ground)

@50konsurgeryat35

If you really want mandibule movement u need to see Alfaro Fernandez he do bimax for class 3 and advancement

I saw a case he did 17mm lf1 just in order to get bsso also, crazy results

Normal surgeon will never give you this type of movement
I asked him just about jaw surgery in general, referral from ortho. Without beardmaxxing my lower third is close to incel tier

So you think no surgeon in US will do bimax just lf1? Just that's how I can get insurance to pay for it. My brow ridge is huge man, I think only way to balance it is bimax. My mandible doesn't seem recessed but it's 3mm off the centre of my lip. Maxilla is 1mm off but opposite direction. Also like you say my jaw isn't defined at all. I've been 4% bf and my face barely changes.

I asked him just about jaw surgery in general, referral from ortho. Without beardmaxxing my lower third is close to incel tier

So you think no surgeon in US will do bimax just lf1? Just that's how I can get insurance to pay for it. My brow ridge is huge man, I think only way to balance it is bimax. My mandible doesn't seem recessed but it's 3mm off the centre of my lip. Maxilla is 1mm off but opposite direction. Also like you say my jaw isn't defined at all. I've been 4% bf and my face barely changes.
I saw ur profil pic u clearly need double advancement

U need to find very very blackpill surgeon to do this

Even blackpill surgeon dont really do what Alfaro do
For example Alfaro do big CCW is almost all his case, blackpill surgeon will agree for CCW but not big amount cuz of stability

And it's not common for surgeon to get asked double advancement for class iii

• +1
Also I know I will need rhino after such a large maxilla advancement as it will make my already too wide nose even wider

-5mm down
-4mm forward

@Sergio-OMS
Doubt it. 4mm is not noticeable for everyone else and also there is relapse to some extent. Like 2 mm on average ? Also bimax is a very heavy investment . Takes a lot of preparation and a lot of dedication. I wouldnt do it for 4 mm

Also I know I will need rhino after such a large maxilla advancement as it will make my already too wide nose even wider
to get double advancement with big CCW is really hard techniques because:

They will need to compensate the CCW with down movement cuz CCW mean less incisor show, if they do you big CCW they also need the maxilla to go down so your teeth show when smile

Its very not common for them to do this, i only know alfaro who do this

• +1
to get double advancement with big CCW is really hard techniques because:

They will need to compensate the CCW with down movement cuz CCW mean less incisor show, if they do you big CCW they also need the maxilla to go down so your teeth show when smile

Its very not common for them to do this, i only know alfaro who do this
How can you tell from looking at the pics I need big CCW for ascension? To be honest with you I don't have enough knowledge to know how much difference CCW makes vrs none. So you think if I got bimax but no CCW it would look quite suboptimal?

Appreciate your help

How can you tell from looking at the pics I need big CCW for ascension? To be honest with you I don't have enough knowledge to know how much difference CCW makes vrs none. So you think if I got bimax but no CCW it would look quite suboptimal?

Appreciate your help
You need CCW because without CCW u can't get lot of mandibular advancement

When you do CCW:
-Mandibular teeth will go behind and you can do advancement.

Its like you rotate a point CCW, the more you rotate it counter clock wise the more this point will be back.

Its like the point of 3 PM vs 12AM, the 12 AM point is behind

• Love it
You need CCW because without CCW u can't get lot of mandibular advancement

When you do CCW:
-Mandibular teeth will go behind and you can do advancement.

Its like you rotate a point CCW, the more you rotate it counter clock wise the more this point will be back.

Its like the point of 3 PM vs 12AM, the 12 AM point is behind
Makes sense. You know how much alfaro is? I'm willing to go abroad but if I could find a US surgeon that does the same thing insurance will pay for it. Reza Movahed was mentioned so I was thinking to get 2nd opinion from him and 3rd from alfaro

Makes sense. You know how much alfaro is? I'm willing to go abroad but if I could find a US surgeon that does the same thing insurance will pay for it. Reza Movahed was mentioned so I was thinking to get 2nd opinion from him and 3rd from alfaro
I don't know , look at his website try contact to ask for online consultation before traveling

Just do some profil X-RAY and teeth x-ray before so you can show him

• +1
I had a similar situation. I went for genioplasty consultation at a local surgeon and the brand new assistant-doc commented that a ccw would be better because a genio would make my labiomental fold look worse. The surgeon that I was consulting for genio was pretty angry because now I wanted a ccw instead of a genio.
The Surgeon then proposed a 6mm ccw. 6mm rotation was not enough for me, because my maxilla is also recessed.
I changed to Dr. Z and I got a 6mm bimax and I will also get a chinwing.
the 6mm bimax will move not only my mandibular but also the lefort 1 part of my maxilla and the chinwing will mimic a rotation

• +1
I had a similar situation. I went for genioplasty consultation at a local surgeon and the brand new assistant-doc commented that a ccw would be better because a genio would make my labiomental fold look worse. The surgeon that I was consulting for genio was pretty angry because now I wanted a ccw instead of a genio.
The Surgeon then proposed a 6mm ccw. 6mm rotation was not enough for me, because my maxilla is also recessed.
I changed to Dr. Z and I got a 6mm bimax and I will also get a chinwing.
the 6mm bimax will move not only my mandibular but also the lefort 1 part of my maxilla and the chinwing will mimic a rotation
Rotation is degree not mm,

So you are class 1 getting 6mm lf1 and 6mm bsso + chin wing to mimic CCW with Zarrinbal

Its good option if chin recessed

But the bigger the BSSO the better

So you are class 1 getting 6mm lf1 and 6mm bsso + chin wing to mimic CCW with Zarrinbal

With bimax, CCW and genio I'd have a halo lower third or I need more? I don't think my chin is recessed but it's certainly not a halo

Is this true? Because my ortho actually said the best thing by FAR for me would be double jaw, but I just can't picture that working with how the upper half of my face looks. Maybe he just meant bite/function wise. I saw some pictures where it totally killed the ogee curve and there's no way I want to risk that.

Last edited:
  • +1
Is this true? Because my ortho actually said the best thing by FAR for me would be double jaw, but I just can't picture that working with how the upper half of my face looks. Maybe he just meant bite/function wise. I saw some pictures where it totally killed the ogee curve and there's no way I want to risk that.
Mate my recessed maxilla is even affecting my eye area. I think I can be chad with a couple surgeries. My face is just busted feature wise. The only thing I don't know how much surgery can fix is how wide and bulbous my nose is. With 1cm+ maxilla advancement my nose will go from below average to borderline incel tier with how wide it will get

• +1
Reactions: theanonymousone
Ask your ortho AND surgeon to show you before and after pics of guys that had the surgery (with the surgeon you’re consulting with) and had a similar base and got similar movements as you

many orthos and surgeons are not great at evaluating aesthetics and will think a particular patient became better looking when they didn’t

• +1
many orthos and surgeons are not great at evaluating aesthetics and will think a particular patient became better looking when they didn’t
Yeah that's what I'm worried about, I'm sure my bite would be great but other than that...

Yeah that's what I'm worried about, I'm sure my bite would be great but other than that...
I’m in the same situation as you man, except my case isn’t completely clear cut so some surgeons are saying don’t operate, some are saying Genio is all you need, some suggesting bimax

at the end of the day you just have to study facial aesthetics a bit more and post on this forum, look at before and afters, especially if they are from the surgeon themselves, and make the call for yourself.

• +1
I’m in the same situation as you man, except my case isn’t completely clear cut so some surgeons are saying don’t operate, some are saying Genio is all you need, some suggesting bimax

at the end of the day you just have to study facial aesthetics a bit more and post on this forum, look at before and afters, especially if they are from the surgeon themselves, and make the call for yourself.
Yeah

In my case I asked my ortho and he said I'd probably be going to a hospital that is like the best in the entire country (U.S.), so if I do go through with something at least I probably won't have any serious problems, that's the biggest problem for me I'm just really scared. I might just do BSSO or IMDO and I'm even scared of that lol

• +1
Yeah

In my case I asked my ortho and he said I'd probably be going to a hospital that is like the best in the entire country (U.S.), so if I do go through with something at least I probably won't have any serious problems, that's the biggest problem for me I'm just really scared. I might just do BSSO or IMDO and I'm even scared of that lol
the BSSO is a pretty common procedure so no need to worry. the IMDO is a lot safer so even less need to think about any potential risks

• +1
I asked andreschev what's the advancement, this is 7-8mm
[So above say i need 1-2cm, no i need 7mm enought for me]

Attachments

• 2C257A68-C268-476D-B77D-789C08C423DB.jpeg
    2C257A68-C268-476D-B77D-789C08C423DB.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 94
  • +1
Reactions: CursedOne
The I asked andreschev what's the advancement, this is 7-8mm
[So above say i need 1-2cm, no i need 7mm enought for me]
Go for it man, she got 8mm and it’s not enough. She needs more advancement, she does not look good from 3/4 still a weak jaw.

Go for it man, she got 8mm and it’s not enough. She needs more advancement, she does not look good from 3/4 still a weak jaw.
Kylo Ren GIF by swerk

Yeah lol it's an invasive af surgery. If you're going under the knife you want huge aesthetic AND functional changes plus prevention of sleep apnea for when you're older. Can't achieve that with 5-6mm, need 1-2cm.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4430 and lasthope

Is dr z not doing ccws? I heard he mimics with chin wing a lot.

Yeah lol it's an invasive af surgery. If you're going under the knife you want huge aesthetic AND functional changes plus prevention of sleep apnea for when you're older. Can't achieve that with 5-6mm, need 1-2cm.
lol i need it even with class 1 bite and no sleep apnea

Is dr z not doing ccws? I heard he mimics with chin wing a lot.
i have somehow the feeling he is unconfortable to do ccw

here a user got a overimpaction by him:

• Hmm...
Reactions: one job away
i have somehow the feeling he is unconfortable to do ccw

here a user got a overimpaction by him:

Do you know good blackpilled maxo surgeons in Germany ? I feel like ccw isn’t very important part to a successful bimax.